It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: What about Chicago?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
If I read something differently from you Frank it's because you are not very smart. That's my honest answer. I'm sure you are a nice person, but your lack of depth in these discussions is telling.
:lol: :lol: Do you even own a mirror?

I posted this;
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nice job by the bullpen today overall.
You replied with this;
Rough day for Frank. Grandal does well, and his bashing of the bullpen didn't come through.
This makes me not smart?

You have as much depth as my dog's urine puddle. Keep doing you, wfr.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If I read something differently from you Frank it's because you are not very smart. That's my honest answer. I'm sure you are a nice person, but your lack of depth in these discussions is telling.

I posted this;
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nice job by the bullpen today overall.
You replied with this;
Rough day for Frank. Grandal does well, and his bashing of the bullpen didn't come through.
This makes me not smart?

You have as much depth as my dog's urine puddle. Keep doing you, wfr.

It was a joke to fuck with you. So, yes. And your depth on this seems to be charity good. Racism bad.

Why do you think several professional athletes who are not from here, do not live in Austin, and no experience in the field of urban planning are qualified to identify creating a food-coop as a cause for "justice"?

Who is really doing the work? The website offers no hints on that. It's a PR project for local media to toss accolades at people for "giving back". Whether or not it does anything remains to be seen, but the entire scholarship behind food deserts is mostly bunk anyway.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginal ... serts.html

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:46 am 
100000 CLUB

You clearly think its racist and its a front for drugs or money laundering. Very clear from your posts here that is what you think. Pretty sad you think that people can't help a black neighborhood just because.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:52 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You clearly think its racist and its a front for drugs or money laundering. Very clear from your posts here that is what you think. Pretty sad you think that people can't help a black neighborhood just because.

Talk about reading into things. Care to respond to anything that was actually posted or do I have to settle for your crazy projections?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Care to respond to anything that was actually posted
Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
I think there are very valid reasons to be skeptical of a celebrity led charity middle-manning a relatively low cost project that go beyond RACISM!1!!!

Six multi-millionaire got together to ask for your money to finance a $500k food co-op. Don't you dare question it though. They are "doing the right thing".

Yes, but why is THIS particular charity being intensely scrutinized by certain posters? Maybe these posters have raised issues with other charities on this bored in the past but I haven't seen them scrutinize those charities with the vigor we are seeing here. If I am shown those posts, I suppose I'll eat some crow.

Some may have mentioned, but THIS particular charity was recently given 24hrs of airtime on a local radio station.

Which proves the point of my initial comment in this thread. Want to get certain people on the bored all frothed up? Just post about the balcks doing anything.

Anthony Rizzo has a foundation, so do Jose Abreu and Tim Anderson. When those were started did the same posters lose their minds? I don't recall any threads questioning the integrity of those charitable organizations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
I think there are very valid reasons to be skeptical of a celebrity led charity middle-manning a relatively low cost project that go beyond RACISM!1!!!

Six multi-millionaire got together to ask for your money to finance a $500k food co-op. Don't you dare question it though. They are "doing the right thing".

Yes, but why is THIS particular charity being intensely scrutinized by certain posters? Maybe these posters have raised issues with other charities on this bored in the past but I haven't seen them scrutinize those charities with the vigor we are seeing here. If I am shown those posts, I suppose I'll eat some crow.

Some may have mentioned, but THIS particular charity was recently given 24hrs of airtime on a local radio station.

Which proves the point of my initial comment in this thread. Want to get certain people on the bored all frothed up? Just post about the balcks doing anything.

Anthony Rizzo has a foundation, so do Jose Abreu and Tim Anderson. When those were started did the same posters lose their minds? I don't recall any threads questioning the integrity of those charitable organizations.

Were rizzo and abreu and Anderson given 24hrs on the same local radio station to solicit donations?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Sam Acho has also made multiple humanitarian and mission trips to Africa, most recently building a not for profit hospital in Nigeria, but yeah I'm sure he figures that doing something positive in the city where he played professional football is a great chance for him to further line his own pockets!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Were rizzo and abreu and Anderson given 24hrs on the same local radio station to solicit donations?

Is it the 24 hours of airtime people have a problem with? My understanding of the gripes based on the responses in this thread is the graft of the "charity" itself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:02 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Is it the 24 hours of airtime people have a problem with? My understanding of the gripes based on the responses in this thread is the graft of the "charity" itself.

Oh. I thought you were asking why this charity got so much attention. My error. Disculpame mucho.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:04 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sam Acho has also made multiple humanitarian and mission trips to Africa, most recently building a not for profit hospital in Nigeria, but yeah I'm sure he figures that doing something positive in the city where he played professional football is a great chance for him to further line his own pockets!

I’m sure he’s a great guy. I’m also sure it’s fair to question why his charity doesn’t seem to post its financials and why he’s trying to middle man the construction of a small building.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:04 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Known scam free country Nigeria.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I’m sure he’s a great guy. I’m also sure it’s fair to question why his charity doesn’t seem to post its financials and why he’s trying to middle man the construction of a small building.
Why is is fair to all of a sudden question this, but there hasn't been a single post that I have seen regarding his charity work done in Africa?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:05 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Care to respond to anything that was actually posted
Frank Coztansa wrote:

You are really butthurt over this one. Drugs and money laundering!

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:07 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Why is is fair to all of a sudden question this, but there hasn't been a single post that I have seen regarding his charity work done in Africa?

Because there wasn't a 24-hour radiothon about that work that nobody knows about.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

Oh, it has to be a radiothon?

Quote:
Sam Acho Presents: Operation Of Hope Charity Fundraiser

​For The City Center

Former captain of the University of Texas Longhorns and recent Arizona Cardinal draft pick, Sam Acho is hosting the Operation of Hope Charity Fundraiser this Friday! The evening will feature food from Dickey's BBQ and Tiff's Treats as well as a silent auction with 100 percent of the evening's proceeds going toward the efforts of Operation of Hope, an organization that takes volunteers, doctors and nurses to Nigeria to give medical assistance to impoverished citizens in that country. To register and purchase tickets for this event, click here.
What a thief!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Quote:

​For The City Center

Former captain of the University of Texas Longhorns and recent Arizona Cardinal draft pick, Sam Acho is hosting the Operation of Hope Charity Fundraiser this Friday! The evening will feature food from Dickey's BBQ and Tiff's Treats as well as a silent auction with 100 percent of the evening's proceeds going toward the efforts of Operation of Hope, an organization that takes volunteers, doctors and nurses to Nigeria to give medical assistance to impoverished citizens in that country. To register and purchase tickets for this event, click here.
What a thief!

This has nothing to do with this charity effort, and it proves nothing.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Known scam free country Nigeria.

:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Has Parkins said or alluded to the reason that there isn't a Jewel, Mariano's or Tony's equivalent in the neighborhood?

Are they going to have people with successful grocery backgrounds running the actual store? (I nominate JOrr since he's done it.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is now the second question I have asked in this thread that you have ignored, wfr.

The floor is yours.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:25 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Well I think you understand the all of a sudden part. The Africa stuff sounds good. I know nothing about it and it’s not on his foundation’s website, so I’ll put that in the ‘I’m sure he’s a good guy’ part.

I’m more reacting to backlash against skepticism. With respect to charitable orgs, transparency is the easiest way to disabuse a skeptic like me. Maybe that’ll come down the road once they’ve had more time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:26 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is now the second question I have asked in this thread that you have ignored, wfr.

The floor is yours.

It was already answered above you fucking idiot.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=125684&start=120&p=3662116&view=show#p3662119

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:30 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Quote:

​For The City Center

What a thief!

Had he gone the ‘host’ route for this project, some of the comments perceived as critical (at least from me) wouldn’t be there.

Hosting an event and lending your name to it is different from asking people to donate to the organization you run. Operation of Hope looks legit from a quick glance at their site; financials are posted along with some blurbs on how much money goes to admin costs, how much to programs, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Right. You weren't the one who questioned the radiothon to "fund grifters with no purpose in life" (paraphrased)

The person who did post that, has yet to offer an acceptable response. But I suppose this is on me as the person in question appears to be incapable of critical thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Austin isn't a food desert
When they say that it generally means major grocery stores and supermarkets. Sure there are convenience stores all over, but that's not exactly the healthiest or best place to be buying cart loads of groceries.

THIS.
I've heard them discuss the store / neighborhood cause. It's a very nice idea. I appreciate Parkins choice in charity and the effort, but it doesn't sound very interesting to me to hear his thoughts for 24 hours....especially non-sports thoughts. Woof.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:58 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Right. You weren't the one who questioned the radiothon to "fund grifters with no purpose in life" (paraphrased)

The person who did post that, has yet to offer an acceptable response. But I suppose this is on me as the person in question appears to be incapable of critical thinking.

The critical thought in this thread being that Sam Acho went to Africa, so don't question the details on this project. Nevermind that food deserts are a bullshit narrative.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The floor is yours.

It was already answered above you fucking idiot.

WfR, why do you continually repeat this exchange across multiple threads here?

I trust you believe what you posted, so what does that say about you for keeping it up?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:28 pm 

Because Frank berates me for answers, and when it comes down to it I think that he's a well-intentioned fool. So while I don't expect him to change, like the heroic athletes who hope bring a food co-op to a neighborhood that already has a Walgreen's, multiple smaller independent groceries, a Wal-Mart Supercenter and a Pete's Freshmarket all in it or a block away, I have to do my part to help the less fortunate.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
What a waste of 24 hours. This seems like something Chicago council members needed to work on with gorcery chains to get something out there rather then a radio station trying to raise money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next