It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jason Benetti, Cry baby
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Listened to Benetti on the Parkins & Spiegel podcast. What a little baby he came off as. Crying because he can't travel with the team. Get over it. Saying it has nothing to do with the pandemic is flat wrong. It all stems from covid. If management is trying to save money that is not breaking news. Citing that he couldn't ask Andrew Vaughn what his conversation with Frank Menechino in the dugout deprived the audience of some great information. Nobody cares. Acting like it was some special occurrence that a coach was talking to a player is just bull biscuits. You still get to sit in your booth and make the same unfunny jokes with, the "giggle machine", a/k/a Steve Stone. The Yankees/Red Sox game from Thursday July 15 was cancelled due to a covid outbreak. Jason, you want to go interview a Yankee player ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Radio guys are traveling. Why would TV guys not be able to?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I heard the same interview with Benetti, and methinks the lady doth protest too much. He denied there was any monetary consideration to not traveling, which is absurd.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
I don't like his broadcast but I think this is a genuine sentiment.

The guy overcame some physical obstacles and personal adversity to become highly successful in his field at a pretty young age. He's not quite Monday Night Football or the Olympics, but whatever the next rung down from primetime NFL games is he's there. He doesn't just do the Sox, he gets pimped out all the time for other sports. Its not unrealistic that he reaches the top at some point in his career.

I think he really truly wants to do the job as best he can and he feels these rules are holding him back. Like I said, I find myself gayer and more retarded every time I listen to his broadcast, but I don't doubt his having da fire and da passion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:17 pm 

He has a point. The broadcasts from Baltimore were filled with comments about being disappointed by not being able to determine camera shots, replays and ballpark atmosphere.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I listened to that interview and agree with William Muny. Quit whining about not traveling. So many people have had their lives negatively impacted by this pandemic and to complain about not being able to interview players is just a terrible look. Of course these RNSs are doing it to save money. How much did they lose last year with so many fewer games? And Benetti-How about preparing more material? You are not traveling and have hours freed up. How about researching and planning different things to discuss. His comments just smacked me of being an entitled broadcaster throwing a little tantrum.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Has anyone detected a difference in the broadcast since they have been unable to talk to the players? I haven't. I've heard Suzyn Waldman (I just looked up the spelling of her name...interesting) complain about the same thing. I think it's more just belly aching over diminished status than anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I didn't hear the interview, but can agree with Benetti, to do the best job would require being there. I don't watch any of the games, but listen on the radio to most, and could tell when the radio guys were struggling from remote studios. He may have over-made his point in the interview and deserved the criticism. Saving the costs of televising the game isn't going to balance the teams books for the last two years, nor would it break their banks, but every bit helps and the reduced travel/exposure can't hurt either with the rise of the variants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Marrying threads a bit, there’s some irony that a guy with cerebral palsy wants to live his life under the existing circumstances while MANY on the bored are bitching about the unvaccinated.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The radio guys are traveling with the team, I believe. Probably another reason for Benetti to be so petulant. I have asked my baseball watching brethren if they think the TV broadcasts have suffered. Four friends didn't even know the broadcasts were done from home stadiums. Two more didn't have a problem with the way they are aired.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
William Muny wrote:
The radio guys are traveling with the team, I believe. Probably another reason for Benetti to be so petulant. I have asked my baseball watching brethren if they think the TV broadcasts have suffered. Four friends didn't even know the broadcasts were done from home stadiums. Two more didn't have a problem with the way they are aired.

Your friends are dolts. Very surprising.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

I heard it to. I agree. Jason is a whinny bitch.

His argument is that the fans would know more if he was around them. Bullshit. Local team broadcasters hide all the good shit they know. Always been the case. They work for the team. We never learn any good shit from them. They're just their to sell the team and get people watching and buying tickets. Jason knows that. He just wanted to cry on the air. Make it sound like it's for the fans.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:29 am 

I was shocked to hear he is married. I always pictured him as a guy who lives with his aging mom. Good for you Jason. It gives me hope that there is someone out there for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Cubs broadcast evidently missed all or part of a home run call yesterday because their feed dropped out in the middle of it. Certainly this would never happen if the announcers were there in person calling the road games.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Cubs broadcast evidently missed all or part of a home run call yesterday because their feed dropped out in the middle of it. Certainly this would never happen if the announcers were there in person calling the road games.

Or if they had Boers’ ISDN line….

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Warren Newson wrote:
Has anyone detected a difference in the broadcast since they have been unable to talk to the players? I haven't. I've heard Suzyn Waldman (I just looked up the spelling of her name...interesting) complain about the same thing. I think it's more just belly aching over diminished status than anything.

JAWN? JAWN? I CAN'T TAWK TO THE PLAYAHS, JAWN. HOW CAN I TAWK TO AEHHHRON JUDGE WHEN HE'S AWWWL THE WAY IN FLAHRRRIDA, JAWN?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
That's horrible. I love it.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I'm starting to think Benetti doesn't see very well from the way he calls some plays.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Benetti is not good. Bernstein and both Parkins talk him up like hes Doc Emerick or Bob Costas. Tired of Parkins acting like he decides what my generation likes or wants. People 25-32 think hes an absolute jackass and same for Benetti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:08 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jason Benetti is the most beloved broadcaster among people who pay a monthly subscription fee to leave comments on the new Deadspin. Everyone else probably thinks he's just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Warren Newson wrote:

I like when Artie Lange was on the field at a Yankee game, their announcer asked him how he scammed his way into a press pass. Artie said that he had won a Suzyn Waldman lookalike contest, lol. The announcer replied, I do notice the resemblance.