It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm curious.

I've heard him sub on the SCORE a few times. I know he got fired from his St. Louis job a few months ago. He subbed today for Parkins and Spiegel.

I'm just wondering if he has a full time job. I would think not if he's always available for these sub roles. If not, how is he paying his bills?

Rongey, it's over. Like many, you thought you were gonna become the next Bob Costas. You're a boring white guy. Nothing worse then a boring white guy on the air. Go into selling insurance or some shit like that. You're pushing 50. Stop hoping for these sports media jobs at this point. At the SCORE especially. I think they're set with their shifts for at least a year. You should know that as well. Nobody is getting fired for your dumb ass to slip in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Beardown wrote:
I'm curious.

I've heard him sub on the SCORE a few times. I know he got fired from his St. Louis job a few months ago. He subbed today for Parkins and Spiegel.

I'm just wondering if he has a full time job. I would think not if he's always available for these sub roles. If not, how is he paying his bills?

Rongey, it's over. Like many, you thought you were gonna become the next Bob Costas. You're a boring white guy. Nothing worse then a boring white guy on the air. Go into selling insurance or some shit like that. You're pushing 50. Stop hoping for these sports media jobs at this point. At the SCORE especially. I think they're set with their shifts for at least a year. You should know that as well. Nobody is getting fired for your dumb ass to slip in.

Is Rongey your psychotic replacement for Goff and Drinky? Pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I'm curious.

No.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Beardown wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I'm curious.

No.

An addition then. Great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Only when I'm dead and gone will everybody miss me. In the meantime, I'm gonna make sure you don't miss me.

Although it's cool to say you hate me, I think all of you like me. Unlike white women. Where I know they don't like me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Last time I was in town, it sounded like he was also doing something on the BetQL gambling programming with Joe O that Audacy is pushing to various markets.

He's not horrible, so if he wants to take the primary fill in roll for the summer, fine.

On the other hand, Feder had something about some random female music host on B96 doing audio tracking with the same format for something like 15 stations now in a cost cutting move. So I don't think they have $200/day for Rongey to come sit in too often.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:00 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Maybe he got a job at Trader Joe's

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
http://gameofinches.blogspot.com/2009/1 ... s.html?m=1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hopefully Rahimi leaves for a role she is better suited for and Rongey is paired up with Bernstein. That show would have potential.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
DAC wrote:
Hopefully Rahimi leaves for a role she is better suited for and Rongey is paired up with Bernstein. That show would have potential.

Potential to host the two most hatable dbags in town.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:59 am 

312player wrote:
DAC wrote:

I'd listen to a segment here and there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Maybe he got a job at Trader Joe's

Which would apparently be a more secure/lucrative endeavor than working in sports talk at this point for the physically sexual (stealing Uncle Terry's line) man known as Christopher Rongey.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i remember running into.rongey (and hanley) at a board meetup at Cleo's on... uhh... Armitage by Damen i wanna say? -- back in 2009. It was striking to see sn unassuming white yuppie looking dude have that radio voice eminate from his mouth whenever he talked. IIRC hanley had the marty mcfly / BTTF "life preserver" vest look going on in black.

And hell, our main C/S/FMB table ended up.being next to.the Bernstein family table where the wife and kids showed up for a nice lil family dinner after the b&b broadcast.

Of course, the highlight of any 2009/ish C/S/FMB meetup was an appearance by aggro sox fan bob (i forget if he was complete in cape this time, but he did offer up the nugget where he referred to the skokie courthouse as "the mall of justice"

IIRC this meetup was mid-dec 2009 and i remember Kobe being front page news for either a game out here or maybe this is when the brief talk of him coming here popped up. Idk the story cuz i wasn't a bigwig schmoozing all the Scire guys like our old fearless leader the Baghead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
312player wrote:
DAC wrote:

Just saw this. That is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
312player wrote:
http://gameofinches.blogspot.com/2009/11/david-mvp-eckstein-destroys-chris.html?m=1

Just saw this. Awesome as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bit uncomfortable exchange between Rongey & Levine.
Levine must of been warned to sugar coat the Cubs. Fun look at a ch*nk in the armor of the Score's phony Cubs bs.

Rongey- First year since 1975 the Cubs have given up 2 10+ innings.
Levine- Is that bad?
Rongey- I don't think it's good.
Levine- Ok (with disgust). I think we'll try to concentrate on what's real and positive when talking about the Cubs and Sox.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:30 pm 

Scooter wrote:
312player wrote:
DAC wrote:

Just saw this. That is awesome.

Not really. They are entertaining guys with good sports thoughts. I'm not looking to be friends with them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

I guess Rongey does an Audecy gambling show now. Like a podcast thing like Joe O does. I heard him mention that when he was subbing on the SCORE.

I guess that's where all the failed regular radio guys go. GAMBLING PODCAST SHOWS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:49 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I guess Rongey does an Audecy gambling show now. Like a podcast thing like Joe O does. I heard him mention that when he was subbing on the SCORE.

I guess that's where all the failed regular radio guys go. GAMBLING PODCAST SHOWS.

What gambler is following their tips?

I remember their expert (I think it was Ira Herschkowitz) was something around .500 and other hosts were impressed at his work.

back in the day CHUS harassed Scott Farrell for lying about his records to Farrell's embarassment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

What gambler is following their tips?

I remember their expert (I think it was Ira Herschkowitz) was something around .500 and other hosts were impressed at his work.

back in the day CHUS harassed Scott Farrell for lying about his records to Farrell's embarassment.

Ira was just their dumbass Saturday morning producer. Sini is probably more qualified.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Chris Rongey is the type of person who will realize in a few years that life passed him by and probably off himself

I mean even fucking Matt Abbatacola eventually realized he was in a dead end and moved on to something else

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Chris Rongey is the type of person who will realize in a few years that life passed him by and probably off himself

I mean even fucking Matt Abbatacola eventually realized he was in a dead end and moved on to something else

Drinky could always hang his hat on the fact that no matter what he did, decent looking women would bang him. He just needs to get a vasectomy and realize he's bad at marriage.

Rongey...I have no idea on his personal life, but yeah, he certainly acts like in insufferable and miserable human being.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
What happened with the Cardinals gig anyway? I got the impression when he left that he felt that it was a huge upgrade for him and he wasn't afraid to tell people that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
BigW72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Drinky could always hang his hat on the fact that no matter what he did, decent looking women would bang him. He just needs to get a vasectomy and realize he's bad at marriage.

Rongey...I have no idea on his personal life, but yeah, he certainly acts like in insufferable and miserable human being.

He is in his 40s, unmarried, no kids, and his career of choice has been on a downward slide with about a zero % chance of even going back to what it was 10 years ago for him.

Guy is going to wake up 1 moment and realize he has nothing in his life to hang his hat on. I wouldn't want to be around for that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:48 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

He is in his 40s, unmarried, no kids, and his career of choice has been on a downward slide with about a zero % chance of even going back to what it was 10 years ago for him.

Guy is going to wake up 1 moment and realize he has nothing in his life to hang his hat on. I wouldn't want to be around for that.

Rongey was with Ginger Zee for a while. Good for him.

I just hope he isn't applying for Tom Skilling's 4th bedroom, just for his sake.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
When even terminal loser Ben Finfer accepts reality and gets a regular job you know you’re doing something wrong

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
August Schell wrote:
What happened with the Cardinals gig anyway? I got the impression when he left that he felt that it was a huge upgrade for him and he wasn't afraid to tell people that.

I don't think he had a gig with the Cardinals, unless I missed the news. He was third mic on the St. Louis sports talk station's (not KMOX) afternoon drive show. I think they fired him to make room for a guy who played for the Blues. I'd call regular hosting in a medium-sized market an upgrade over filling in sporadically in a major market, and he's from the Metro-East originally, anyway. [EDIT: then again, maybe it's not such an upgrade after all if your boss can easily replace you with a hockey player, considering hockey players are generally not celebrated for being dazzling rhetoricians.]

I was surprised when the Sox didn't keep him on when they changed flagships, if only to do webcasts or podcasts or some other form of content, just because they're such a job-for-life operation. 11 years of doing pre-post and they weren't sad to see him go?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Curious Hair wrote:
August Schell wrote:

I don't think he had a gig with the Cardinals, unless I missed the news. He was third mic on the St. Louis sports talk station's (not KMOX) afternoon drive show. I think they fired him to make room for a guy who played for the Blues. I'd call regular hosting in a medium-sized market an upgrade over filling in sporadically in a major market, and he's from the Metro-East originally, anyway. [EDIT: then again, maybe it's not such an upgrade after all if your boss can easily replace you with a hockey player, considering hockey players are generally not celebrated for being dazzling rhetoricians.]

I was surprised when the Sox didn't keep him on when they changed flagships, if only to do webcasts or podcasts or some other form of content, just because they're such a job-for-life operation. 11 years of doing pre-post and they weren't sad to see him go?

My mistake then. I thought he was doing pre and post game for the Cardinals radio network. I'm not sure why I thought that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Curious Hair wrote:
August Schell wrote:

If you want a guide on how to lose friends and alienate people, listen to his pre and post shows with the White Sox. I'm pretty easy going with those type of shows, I think McKnight is just fine at them, but Rongey was uniquely awful. Bernstein attitude without the intelligence or insight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:57 am 

I like Rongey but he was very combative with callers who had valid complaints about a team that was in the middle of a decade run that produced sub .500 teams.