It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:39 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I like Rongey but he was very combative with callers who had valid complaints about a team that was in the middle of a decade run that produced sub .500 teams.

Which is why I thought Brooks Boyer or Weird Jerry would reward him with lifetime employment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
They should give this guy a show or put him on an existing one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:59 pm 

on with meatpants this afternoon

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Give him McKnight's job. That guy still sucks long donkey schlongs on White Sox Radio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nardi wrote:
Give him McKnight's job. That guy still sucks long donkey schlongs on White Sox Radio

Rongey was a train wreck on White Sox pre and post. He poisoned the well so badly I never want to hear him do anything else again. He's all smug and no substance. On the other hand, I think McKnight is perfect in that role. He's generally polite to people and he can geek out on as many statistics as he can stomach.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Angie's
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Rongey was a train wreck on White Sox pre and post. He poisoned the well so badly I never want to hear him do anything else again. He's all smug and no substance.

Amen. He also didn't know what a slider was (or he seemed to claim that Buehrle threw one frequently).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Rongey was a train wreck on White Sox pre and post. He poisoned the well so badly I never want to hear him do anything else again. He's all smug and no substance. On the other hand, I think McKnight is perfect in that role. He's generally polite to people and he can geek out on as many statistics as he can stomach.

Yeah, I forgot. But disagree on McKnight. Listening to him is literally impossible without PTFB. Or driving over a cliff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I am listening to Rongey and Esposito now, and the thought occurs to me that Rongey may be the dumbest regular host in the station's history. If he's not, he's certainly in the team photo with Julie and Drinky. This doesn't mean that Ranger can't be entertaining, especially when paired with Bernstein, but he's just not very bright. Tangentially speaking, it's still amusing to me that he once got dumped by Ginger Zee and proclaimed that he was better off for it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Tall Midget wrote:
Tangentially speaking, it's still amusing to me that he once got dumped by Ginger Zee and proclaimed that he was better off for it.

I love Ginger Zee.

However and but I absolutely believe she'd be crazy to deal with on a daily basis.

Financially, he's certainly not better off. In a mental health sense, I could see it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
He did intimate that she is crazy. He doesn't exactly strike me as a paragon of mental stability himself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Bernstein/Rongey would be a major improvement but that might be too smug to last more than 6-8 months.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Tall Midget wrote:
I am listening to Rongey and Esposito now, and the thought occurs to me that Rongey may be the dumbest regular host in the station's history. If he's not, he's certainly in the team photo with Julie and Drinky. This doesn't mean that Ranger can't be entertaining, especially when paired with Bernstein, but he's just not very bright. Tangentially speaking, it's still amusing to me that he once got dumped by Ginger Zee and proclaimed that he was better off for it.

Couldnt agree more

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
vitoscotti wrote:

How the fuck did nobody pick the Mary Tyler Moore show? It pretty much held the prime slot Nick at Nite during the 90s.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:11 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

How the fuck did nobody pick the Mary Tyler Moore show? It pretty much held the prime slot Nick at Nite during the 90s.

Rongey thought Eddie Haskell was from Dennis the Menace, and Arnold Ziffel was a talking pig.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I assume the guy is single for he is on twitter tweeting at everyone over and over again every day. Weird dude.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
he's one of those guys who throws you off IRL when you run into him, see his corporeal form, then hear the radio voice.... it's kind of like the first time you're out in new york and you encounter a big ol black lady with a full on new york accent. it just kind of fucks with your humble midwestern brain.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Is he taking Grobber's spot on overnights? Heard him at around 11:30pm last night on The Score. I'd be good with that. I wonder if Ranger would or not.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Is he taking Grobber's spot on overnights? Heard him at around 11:30pm last night on The Score. I'd be good with that. I wonder if Ranger would or not.

Rongey and Grote are splitting it for now.

I heard the first 40 minutes on Thursday. It was fine for the time slot, better than tonight's 7pm hour of Rick Camp I heard in the car.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Rongey and Grote are splitting it for now.

I heard the first 40 minutes on Thursday. It was fine for the time slot, better than tonight's 7pm hour of Rick Camp I heard in the car.

I like that lineup for overnight.

Rick Camp seems to be one of those guys that is so good at producing that he doesn't necessarily sound good on the air. But I don't have much to base that on.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:54 am 

Gordon Wittenmyer on with Rongey.

Every ballpark in the next 20 years will have to have a roof on it because of climate change.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:14 am 

why would a roof be needed for climate change?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
RFDC wrote:

To stop the floods.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
RFDC wrote:

To stop the floods.

Deep.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:13 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

Every ballpark in the next 20 years will have to have a roof on it because of climate change.

Then Wittenmyer continued.

We're seeing all these extremes everywhere. And we're seeing whether you're in a hot climate, desert climate, tropical climate, or a cold climate. You know, they're putting roofs on these things. I don't know what it means for the Cubs or Red Sox. Maybe Wrigley & Fenway will be grandfathered in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
vitoscotti wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

We're seeing all these extremes everywhere. And we're seeing whether you're in a hot climate, desert climate, tropical climate, or a cold climate. You know, they're putting roofs on these things. I don't know what it means for the Cubs or Red Sox. Maybe Wrigley & Fenway will be grandfathered in.

What the fuck does that even mean? Yes - people like temperature control in all parts of the country. People who own stadiums also like them to be operable year round.

What a dumbass.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

What the fuck does that even mean? Yes - people like temperature control in all parts of the country. People who own stadiums also like them to be operable year round.

What a dumbass.

It has become a religion amongst many, especially those with limited intellectual capacity that need to prove to themselves that they are smarter and care more, unfortunately this has polluted sports talk due to the fact that many of the sports talk people are from wealthy backgrounds (Parkins, Bernstein, Holmes, etc..) and are seen as dumbest members of their families.

Have listened to many podcasts detailing the similarities between the emotional investment and willingness to suspend cognitive process involved in religion matching closely the mindset displayed by Climate Change zealots.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Well that's a whole lot of shit to take in.

What is the deal with Chris Rongey?

And can he still get me Ginger Zee's number?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Clawmaster wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

What a dumbass.

It has become a religion amongst many, especially those with limited intellectual capacity that need to prove to themselves that they are smarter and care more, unfortunately this has polluted sports talk due to the fact that many of the sports talk people are from wealthy backgrounds (Parkins, Bernstein, Holmes, etc..) and are seen as dumbest members of their families.

Have listened to many podcasts detailing the similarities between the emotional investment and willingness to suspend cognitive process involved in religion matching closely the mindset displayed by Climate Change zealots.

I'm convinced that 95% of sports media members are to the left and most now feel emboldened to share their viewpoints. The other 5% either keep their mouths shut or leave on their own like Michele Tafoya.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:55 pm 

Wittenmyer was crazy Joe's and Theo's #1 antagonist. I even remember Coomer calling him out by name for questioning the 2 genius's. Now being a JHK apologist, and bringing up climate change on sports radio he's pretty much worthless like the Score hosts except for comedy.