It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

As a guest host with Parkins's ass. I know he's been a guest on the station a handful of times, but this officially counts as the return. Because as Goff would say "My black ass gets paid for this shit."

Anyway, I'm going back to old school Beardown. I'm gonna youtube Goff's as my response to "THE RETURN". Because of how he treated me and most other cracker listeners. He was mean to me. He hurt me. He did me wrong. I didn't forget.

So...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-SwJjkSyw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
No matter how many times this guy fucks-up he gets another chance. Shit ratings, terrible radio, burns bridges with the station and management— here’s a shift welcome back.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
No matter how many times this guy fucks-up he gets another chance. Shit ratings, terrible radio, burns bridges with the station and management— here’s a shift welcome back.

Same with Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:50 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Same with Bernstein.

And McNeil...until he didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:52 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Same with Bernstein.

you are really going to compare Goff to Bernsie? :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th

I'll bet it pulls in better ratings than Parkins and some random producer or Parkins and Rongey. Many here who don't ordinarily listen, will probably listen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Same with Bernstein.

you are really going to compare Goff to Bernsie? :lol:

Bernstein has had shit ratings, his show is pretty bad. That part is similar.

Burning bridges with management in any business? That will never happen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
All the evidence you need that Mitch lost control of the station but got it back.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I didn’t realize he wasn’t on. What’s he been doing?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Haven't watched one second of Bulls pre or post since he got the gig.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
vitoscotti wrote:
Haven't watched one second of Bulls pre or post since he got the gig.

Oh yeah. I knew he was doing something.

Haven’t watched a second of pre, during, or post in that time either.

But the Ayo Era is about to begin.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Beardown wrote:
As a guest host with Parkins's ass. I know he's been a guest on the station a handful of times, but this officially counts as the return. Because as Goff would say "My black ass gets paid for this shit."

Anyway, I'm going back to old school Beardown. I'm gonna youtube Goff's as my response to "THE RETURN". Because of how he treated me and most other cracker listeners. He was mean to me. He hurt me. He did me wrong. I didn't forget.

So...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-SwJjkSyw

Good for Goff! If he sticks to talking sports he's already better than the on air talent they have on the score.

Beardown - what do you mean the way he treated you? Did you have a beef on the air?

Warren Newson wrote:

I'll bet it pulls in better ratings than Parkins and some random producer or Parkins and Rongey. Many here who don't ordinarily listen, will probably listen.

Exactly! I rarely listen to either station/podcast but when I do, it's 99 percent AM1000. But I'll give Goff a try for sure.

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
All the evidence you need that Mitch lost control of the station but got it back.

Ben Rosen is in charge now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Ben Rosen is in charge now.

How did he lose control and how did he get it back? I don't know the history.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Entercom brought in Jimmy deCastro to run the Chicago cluster, and as is often the case, the Score required "special attention" from the market manager (see also: Rod Zimmerman running seven stations but particularly meddling in the Score), which in this case was getting rid of Jason Goff and bringing in Dan McNeil and Connor McDoink. Then deCastro retired to do who-knows-what but left his hires in place. Surprise, new management fired Mac the first chance they had. Now, with no one meddling from above, Mitch can bring Goff back, never having wanted to get rid of him in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Curious Hair wrote:
Entercom brought in Jimmy deCastro to run the Chicago cluster, and as is often the case, the Score required "special attention" from the market manager (see also: Rod Zimmerman running seven stations but particularly meddling in the Score), which in this case was getting rid of Jason Goff and bringing in Dan McNeil and Connor McDoink. Then deCastro retired to do who-knows-what but left his hires in place. Surprise, new management fired Mac the first chance they had. Now, with no one meddling from above, Mitch can bring Goff back, never having wanted to get rid of him in the first place.

Yup, I mentioned this when deCastro left again after cleaning up the mess Mitch Rosen made. For a while the score hosts were clearly told to stop with the politics and social issues and things actually improved a bit. Now that Mitch has no one watching over his shoulder anymore, things will slowly go back to social justice radio. He hires the worst people, the worst. I haven't listened to anything but podcasts since Mac was fired but I'm pretty sure Rosen will fuck everything up again in no time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah. But I think Mitch liked Mac as well and didn't want to fire him. But you have to fire him in these times. Although, I didn't think what he said was that horrible.

I don't think this is a path back as a full time host for Goff. I think they are set for a while with their line up.

But yeah, Goff will get more sub roles. I'm guessing he'll also be a weekly paid NBA guest on multiple shows. Like Hub and Stone and the SCORE's other weekly ass holes that are paid guests. Something like that.

Mitch doesn't want to fire anybody. He's told what to do. And he does it. Then he brings them back if he can. Christ, even Chris Rongey's boring white ass is back as a sub. Rongey is the definition of "Boring white guy".

At least Goff isn't a boring white guy. I'll give him that much. He's not very smart. But he's not boring.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Mitch got a mighty big pass for his role in running the station into the ground post-TB. Bernstein & Goff was his choice, and there's no doubt he had a role in the hue of the show's content as well, but was just fine letting Goff be sacrificed so he and Danny could keep pulling down checks. There's also a reason July became despised by most everyone behind the scenes but kept falling up stairs into more and more air time. If Mitch had been pulling the levers all this time, July is hosting middays with Lawrence right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I still hold out hope for Bersnie/Rongey. If Goff ended up as the third wheel/producer, it's a good show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Mitch got a mighty big pass for his role in running the station into the ground post-TB. Bernstein & Goff was his choice, and there's no doubt he had a role in the hue of the show's content as well, but was just fine letting Goff be sacrificed so he and Danny could keep pulling down checks. There's also a reason July became despised by most everyone behind the scenes but kept falling up stairs into more and more air time. If Mitch had been pulling the levers all this time, July is hosting middays with Lawrence right now.

Well Bernstein for lack of a better word deserved to be kept as he had been a ratings success and provided the station with a lot of money and if anything is a faithful toady . Goff helped run the show into the ground and didn’t have Bernstein’s track record to fall back on to be saved .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
just bring terry back until he is dead. and even then terry's corpse will be more interesting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
City of Fools wrote:
I still hold out hope for Bersnie/Rongey. If Goff ended up as the third wheel/producer, it's a good show.

Just have it be a trio. Bernstein/Rongey/Goff in the afternoons.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Ron Wolfley wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Just have it be a trio. Bernstein/Rongey/Goff in the afternoons.

trio or echo chamber.... whatever you want to call it with that group

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:08 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

That show would be torture. Dan is Boers at his most checked out.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:29 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:

No, I still won't listen. Waiting for the new generation to arrive. Then I will listen.

This is like the Cubs bringing back Starlin Castro. Had a nice rookie season and then shit the bed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Listening to Goff today reminded me why I'm glad he's gone. Good producer, terrible host.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nearly 40 minutes of grabass to start the show. It was horrific.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Jason Goff, a true Chicago hero.
-Larry Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
To reference an old bit...'Can't do it'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Darkside wrote:
Nearly 40 minutes of grabass to start the show. It was horrific.

I listened for about about 90 seconds before PTFB, and half of that time was because I was making a left turn.

I tried to listen to Waddle and Silvy while driving to Midway but Silvy was screeching and they kept on having shitty callers. I ended up listening to news on 780 instead.