It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:11 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Today Parkins said "Justin Fields is much more talented than Brock Purdy." Exact words.

What is talent?

I took it to mean he is much more athletic than Purdy.

And clearly that is true.

And it is clear that Purdy is a much better QB.

anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that. Do you think Danny Parkins would admit to that? I don’t.

yeah he pretty much has. He is not all in on Fields. He wants them to trade Fields and draft Williams. The days of his QB1 party are long gone.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:27 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
RFDC wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Today Parkins said "Justin Fields is much more talented than Brock Purdy." Exact words.

What is talent?

anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that. Do you think Danny Parkins would admit to that? I don’t.

yeah he pretty much has. He is not all in on Fields. He wants them to trade Fields and draft Williams. The days of his QB1 party are long gone.

Yeah, it’s weird…he agrees the Bears should move on, but then says things like “Fields could have done what Lamar Jackson did” but just ran out of time, or “he’s more talented than Purdy” even though that’s not true when it comes to certain important talents needed to be a successful QB. It’s really no different than saying that Cutler had talent. Arm and leg talent is not sufficient QB talent. I guess we’ll see eventually, but it’s possible people like Parkins will always claim the Bears permanently broke Fields, even though Cutler doesn’t seem to get that excuse.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:39 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
It's pretty obvious Parkins doesn't belong in the position he's in at the Score.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
RFDC wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

What is talent?

Yeah, it’s weird…he agrees the Bears should move on, but then says things like “Fields could have done what Lamar Jackson did” but just ran out of time, or “he’s more talented than Purdy” even though that’s not true when it comes to certain important talents needed to be a successful QB. It’s really no different than saying that Cutler had talent. Arm and leg talent is not sufficient QB talent. I guess we’ll see eventually, but it’s possible people like Parkins will always claim the Bears permanently broke Fields, even though Cutler doesn’t seem to get that excuse.

They're all trying to preserve their prior narratives regarding fields. Afternoon drive show said he's qb1 and the midday show said he's better than drew brees. Now that they see the writing on the wall (afternoon drive show more than midday), they're trying to acknowledge that fields is probably gone without admitting they themselves were wrong about fields. The way to do that is conveniently bash the bears for "failing to develop fields".

The Lamar stuff is really really dumb because it ignores how Lamar got to the game in the first place - by throwing consistently enough over 17 games to rank 4th overall in QBR. All teams that went to the playoffs had QBs that finished either 1st or 2nd in their division at QBR. That's how you get to the game. Fields ranked 4 out of 4. So no fields cannot do what Lamar did in the playoff game because he's not good enough to get to the game like Lamar did in the first place.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The entire game of pretending Fields was better than he is does all the players a disservice. Especially so if you are doing it in the manner of the midday show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
vitoscotti wrote:
It's pretty obvious Parkins doesn't belong in the position he's in at the Score.

He has the shoulder & elbow dexterity of a late stage McCain.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: John's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Caller Bob wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nerd trivia, that guy lost to Daniel-san in Karate Kid

Absolutely jakked up in Fear of a Black Hat too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5K8Fps314&t=47s

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:43 am 

He was also the photo clerk in the "Boom Box/Slicer" Seinfeld episode

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:51 am 

and maverick's new wing man once goose got cooked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:48 pm 

Parkins gets into it with a caller on his solo NFL show.

Mocks the caller for playing smalltime college football.

Parkins announced he wrote a book today.

About what?

Yep...it's about smalltime college football.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins gets into it with a caller on his solo NFL show.

Mocks the caller for playing smalltime college football.

Parkins announced he wrote a book today.

About what?

Yep...it's about smalltime college football.

A deaf guy hears more 670 than you. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:37 pm 

Yep for a guy that wants the station to shut down he is always listening.

He probably has a poster of Parkins in his bedroom.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I think there's a 60/40 chance Parkins has a poster of himself in his bedroom.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:03 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I think there's a 60/40 chance Parkins has a poster of himself in his bedroom.

He is a strange guy but I don’t think he goes that far.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:11 pm 

Finally someone speaking truth to power on this station. Wierderer reciting Fields' embarrassing fourth quarter stats and generally remarking that statistically speaking the overall QB performance was bottom tier. Thank you thank you thank you. None of this "oh yeah Fields is still maybe drew brees and the opposing players fear him so obviously he's a threat the bears haven't unlocked yet".

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:50 pm 

This fuck is going to be so insufferable promoting his gay book

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

I can't believe a Score host not named Dan Bernstein wrote a book called "How a bunch of people no one cared about got assistant-coaching jobs in the NBA." Talk about getting caught asleep at the switch, holy shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:18 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:

I can't believe a Score host not named Dan Bernstein wrote a book called "How a bunch of people no one cared about got assistant-coaching jobs in the NBA." Talk about getting caught asleep at the switch, holy shit.

If I was going to promote a book I wrote from that camera angle, I would make sure my nostrils were clear of hangers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
Finally someone speaking truth to power on this station. Wierderer reciting Fields' embarrassing fourth quarter stats and generally remarking that statistically speaking the overall QB performance was bottom tier. Thank you thank you thank you. None of this "oh yeah Fields is still maybe drew brees and the opposing players fear him so obviously he's a threat the bears haven't unlocked yet".

That’s the old Wiederer. Since then he was was told to never bash Fields according to Vito.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Franky T wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

If I was going to promote a book I wrote from that camera angle, I would make sure my nostrils were clear of hangers.

Does it include any lists? That seems to be the key to bestseller’s amongst local sports hosts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:17 pm 

Hope his health is ok. Doesn't look well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:25 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Why is this so? It is so weird like the Fields camp has stuff on the local media. You can’t even claim race as he will likely get replaced by Caleb. So why all the Score etc angst?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
You can’t even claim race as he will likely get replaced by Caleb. So why all the Score etc angst?

I don't follow college sports, so I'm genuinely asking for your help here: is Caleb Williams a quarterback who's black, or a Black Quarterback? Because Fields is a Black Quarterback.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:19 am 
1000 CLUB

I heard Danny talking about this book. He's very proud of it as he should be. Writing a book is a nice project. I just have zero interest in the subject and wonder why the hell Danny does. It doesn't feel like it will have mass appeal either.

Also, Parkins doesn't look like he sleeps well. I can relate. He looks bad in this video. If you're selling a book at least comb your hair for this presentation. Jeez.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:59 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Does it include any lists? That seems to be the key to bestseller’s amongst local sports hosts.

Top 10 Biggest D3 Wangs...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:23 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
You can’t even claim race as he will likely get replaced by Caleb. So why all the Score etc angst?

I don't follow college sports, so I'm genuinely asking for your help here: is Caleb Williams a quarterback who's black, or a Black Quarterback? Because Fields is a Black Quarterback.

Haven’t watched one USC game. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:41 pm 

pittmike wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Why is this so? It is so weird like the Fields camp has stuff on the local media. You can’t even claim race as he will likely get replaced by Caleb. So why all the Score etc angst?

I look at it like this:

Mully/Haugh/Parkins/Speegs:

Open to replacing Fields and mainly cite "resetting the QB clock" as the selling point. Occasionally give props to Fields (oh he could have did what Lamar did to Houston in the playoffs or Fields was screwed by the Bears) as a way to pander to the sizable Fields cult but they seem genuinely open to the idea that Fields just isn't that good.

Bernstein/Holmes/Rahimi:

Their pro-Fields stance seems purely agenda-driven. You can tell it's agenda-driven because for hosts that pride themselves as data-obsessed, they actually cite no data whatsoever when Fields comes up. Deep down, despite their dishonesty, they know data is kryptonite to any pro-Fields point of view, so they steer away from it. The agenda seems to have the following pillars:

1) Fields is good but has been ruined by Eberflus and Getsy. It's impossible that a guy with Fields athletic prowess could be bad, so let's just generate content bashing coaches for failing to "develop" Fields.
2) Fields is not performing well because Bears, so let's recycle some anti-McCaskey/etc content to fill the time. if only we had a VP of Football Ops who supervised a GM who supervised the HC, and if everyone were hired in proper order, then Fields wouldn't voluntarily take sacks and be bad.
3) People wanted to see what Bagent could do because racism, which is another obstacle Fields faces in Chicago. This allows them to sidestep the data issue because any criticism of Fields - regardless of the data behind it - must be racist. So this becomes another pro-Fields talking point.

They have the most dishonest Fields content in the city.

ESPN 1000 shows:

Slightly more open to the idea of getting rid of Fields and part of me thinks they have to be that way because as the "home of the Bears" they don't want to risk being perceived as oppposed to drafting Williams. In other words, they have less creative freedom than guys like Bernstein and Holmes who can spew all sorts of dumb anti-Caleb propaganda because they don't have to worry about offending the Bears, they only offend the intellect.

Ex-players: They're going to back their own. The ones who step out and say what they really think (Alex Brown) are the honest ones.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next