It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:17 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Phone call quality can be at times linked to the quality of the host to draw them in. Fred took an hour of non-stop phone calls Friday Sox post game. Intelligent, long suffering Sox fans voicing their concerns. Fred let them speak freely uninterrupted. Lot of old-time guys resurfacing. Then Jesse Rogers after the calls. No P & S talking over, arrogance, and interrupting. I'm sure P & S talked together, no calls, trying to outwit the other, biasly basing all Larussa opinions on his past social comments.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:17 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:
The rest of us will continue to move on to other options quickly, certainly not going to get anything other than SJW approved twitter regurgitation on the WSCR afternoon show, so why not move on to far superior content.

What are some example of SJW-approved Twitter regurgitation? And what shows in your opinion has far superior content and why?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
The rest of us will continue to move on to other options quickly, certainly not going to get anything other than SJW approved twitter regurgitation on the WSCR afternoon show, so why not move on to far superior content.

What are some example of SJW-approved Twitter regurgitation? And what shows in your opinion has far superior content and why?

Hmmm...is seems the lady doth protest too much? So Mr. Parkins here are a few examples of superior content. First off, Kap and J. Hood NFL segments, guests get to talk, have good NFL and Bears information without interruptions from you and Spiegs. Secondly, Olin's podcast, he breaks it down and gives you the guys that are not playing well. Third, Brad Biggs segment in AM. Fourth, Waddle and Silvy with Dickerson, hell anybody else with Hub than you and Spiegs...shall I go on because almost any other outlet provides far superior NFL content because the hosts inevitably know more, and more importantly, know when to get the hell out of the way. Even Bernstein's Hub segments are far better.

If I were to go into the instances were the show has simply cut and pasted approved twitter takes it would go on for pages, needless to say you can start with takes on Mac where everyone caved and go from there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:55 am 

Jogging my memory? Has a Jew ever been fired at the Score? Spiegel a demotion. Then he returned to full-time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:12 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Hmmm...is seems the lady doth protest too much? So Mr. Parkins here are a few examples of superior content. First off, Kap and J. Hood NFL segments, guests get to talk, have good NFL and Bears information without interruptions from you and Spiegs. Secondly, Olin's podcast, he breaks it down and gives you the guys that are not playing well. Third, Brad Biggs segment in AM. Fourth, Waddle and Silvy with Dickerson, hell anybody else with Hub than you and Spiegs...shall I go on because almost any other outlet provides far superior NFL content because the hosts inevitably know more, and more importantly, know when to get the hell out of the way. Even Bernstein's Hub segments are far better.

If I were to go into the instances were the show has simply cut and pasted approved twitter takes it would go on for pages, needless to say you can start with takes on Mac where everyone caved and go from there.

Interesting. I'm glad you found radio shows that gives you what you want. Personally, I don't listen to Kreutz and only listen to Hub when I am desperate for something to listen to. I rarely listen to the morning show. I guess a major difference between our listening preferences is that I am not listening to local sports radio for the actual Xs and Os sports content. I'm not a coach or a gambler. I just watch sports and listen to shows to be entertained. I am not a fan of any Chicago sports team but I do find following the teams interesting and listening to an entertaining show, like Parkins and Spiegel, and getting a few laughs or interesting thoughts is all I am really looking for. And they do that better than any other show in this market. An in-depth discussion about line play will make me PTFB. Hell, I don't think I could name more than one O-lineman for the Bears anyways.

And Parkins response to Mac getting fired was SJW-approved Twitter? He was in a tough situation and tried to be neutral since it was a situation between his colleague/mentor/friend and the company that he wants to work with for the foreseeable future.

So now I am Parkins? :lol: Some other poster kept accusing me of listening to Bernstein every day and now I am Parkins. Whatever....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Is there one (1) voice on the air there that has leaned towards a conservative viewpoint on any sports / political intersection ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Since this is clearly the best show currently airing in Chicago and considering the fact that Mac is no longer relevant, can we finally get the heading changed to Parkins and Speigel?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Or perhaps the RIP Louie Anderson Forum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Since this is clearly the best show currently airing in Chicago and considering the fact that Mac is no longer relevant, can we finally get the heading changed to Parkins and Speigel?

That's a low bar...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:52 pm 

How can the best sports talk show in Chicago forte be self-deprecation, struggle in sports topics, derail interviews, insert sjw views as a perceived duty?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
vitoscotti wrote:
How can the best sports talk show in Chicago forte be self-deprecation, struggle in sports topics, derail interviews, insert sjw views as a perceived duty?

Ratings?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
vitoscotti wrote:

It's OK, I get it. Some people need their broadcasters to dumb things down for them. You've always got Kap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:51 am 
1000 CLUB

It's a fun show. Spiegel limits it somewhat and Tanny's mushmouthed voice bothers me a bit, but it's definitely the best sports talk show in Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:51 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

It's OK, I get it. Some people need their broadcasters to dumb things down for them. You've always got Kap.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Tall Midget wrote:
It's a fun show. Spiegel limits it somewhat and Tanny's mushmouthed voice bothers me a bit, but it's definitely the best sports talk show in Chicago.

Yup.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
Tall Midget wrote:

Mully and Haugh on my way to work (between 5-6AM) is outstanding radio. I’d have to say that it’s the best thing going right now. I’ve even grown to love Dustin, whom I consider to be crucial to that first hour when they do the 5 at 5, etc. Just excellent meathead schtick and a perfect heel.

I catch Parkins and Spiegel for roughly an hour every day. I’ll give ‘em a C+ or a B- I guess. The way I feel about it is the way Bob Dylan refers to soft country music - “It was nothin, nothin really to turn off”.

And it could always be much worse. The other day I tuned in around 7 PM and some dude named Gabe Ramirez or Gabe Martinez was hosting. It was intolerable, ESPN-caliber radio. A level of atrociousness that is difficult to fathom.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:49 am 
1000 CLUB

whiskey dick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Mully and Haugh on my way to work (between 5-6AM) is outstanding radio. I’d have to say that it’s the best thing going right now. I’ve even grown to love Dustin, whom I consider to be crucial to that first hour when they do the 5 at 5, etc. Just excellent meathead schtick and a perfect heel.

I catch Parkins and Spiegel for roughly an hour every day. I’ll give ‘em a C+ or a B- I guess. The way I feel about it is the way Bob Dylan refers to soft country music - “It was nothin, nothin really to turn off”.

And it could always be much worse. The other day I tuned in around 7 PM and some dude named Gabe Ramirez or Gabe Martinez was hosting. It was intolerable, ESPN-caliber radio. A level of atrociousness that is difficult to fathom.

I don't mind Mully and Haugh, though Haugh is a bit of a vestigial organ. He really serves no purpose other than to be someone Mully shouts at for four hours per day. I agree with your view of Dustin--he is entertaining and underutilized. I'd like to see him interspersed throughout the show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Anyone besides Zippy listen, I mean at all? I just have zero interest in Chi local radio right now. I do when Bears season comes along sometimes, but that has waned.
Again, I am trying to think of someone in sports media nationally who moves he needle and I cannot in 2022.

Talk to friends about this and I think even an old fart at mid 40 year old like me is youtube highlights, check stats on phone, done.

Info overload and I think it just waters down sports.

I think the only personality who would be great in 2022 is 1980s Stern. He was must listen to radio. After sirius, Hollywood Howie went downhill fast.

Also, maybe B&B back in early 2000's.

I do like Bill Maher and have always been a fan of him, even though he can be smug.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
cookie23 wrote:
I am trying to think of someone in sports media nationally who moves he needle and I cannot in 2022.

Doesn't exist. I've said this repeatedly....there is zero entertainment factor to any of the current hosts. They're just talking head / podcasters. The days of guys being witty, fun, and entertaining died with Penn State.
Political correctness and team broadcast partnerships will ensure that never comes back.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.