It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Look, it's not like I disagree with what they say. Most of us have the same opinion. Most of the world has the same opinion.

It just bothers me that they think they are important people to talk about this on their sports radio platform. Bothers me that they congratulate each other on how they handled this tragedy. Like they're the only ones that feel bad that innocent people died. That they're the only ones that think their should be better gun laws.

I'll go to CNN to hear smarter people talk about it. Or I'll read about it if I choose. I don't want to hear it from the sports radio guys. That's all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Beardown wrote:
Look, it's not like I disagree with what they say. Most of us have the same opinion. Most of the world has the same opinion.

It just bothers me that they think they are important people to talk about this on their sports radio platform. Bothers me that they congratulate each other on how they handled this tragedy. Like they're the only ones that feel bad that innocent people died. That they're the only ones that think their should be better gun laws.

I'll go to CNN to hear smarter people talk about it. Or I'll read about it if I choose. I don't want to hear it from the sports radio guys. That's all.

Doesn’t sound like you did that. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

SpiralStairs wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Did what?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:24 pm 

The reason why I have avoided the score the last couple days. I have no desire to hear them on such issues.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Beardown wrote:

They only care about specific shootings...a very, very small percentage. Otherwise, you never hear them discuss gun violence. I've been done with the SCORE for a while and nothing that I ever read here has me re-thinking that choice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:27 pm 

Beardown wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Did what?

Told your mother you love her

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
The reason why I have avoided the score the last couple days. I have no desire to hear them on such issues.

That's what I'm saying. I guess I hate listened to it today a little bit. I'll admit that. But I go to the SCORE to get away from real life shit for a while. I went to more music today. But I would bounce back and Parkins and Spiegel were still on the topic.

I just don't want to hear it from them.

They made a point that it should be talked about because it happened here. I don't agree. I'm just as sad when it happens in Buffalo, Texas and all the other places that it has happened. I'm no more sad and disgusted just cuz it happened in our backyard. Geography doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Parkins giving out the GOFUNDME sites for the victims was nice. I'll say that. Using the SCORE blow torch for that is absolutely appropriate. That's the right thing to do.

Especially for that mom and dad that died leaving a 2 year old.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:13 am 

Beardown wrote:
Parkins giving out the GOFUNDME sites for the victims was nice. I'll say that. Using the SCORE blow torch for that is absolutely appropriate. That's the right thing to do.

Pick a lane moron

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:46 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Pick a lane moron

The two positions are not inconsistent.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:48 am 

It's not like they were wall to wall Highland Park. Parkins did take some time out to tell about leaving his young son and pregnant wife to be out playing poker until sunrise twice this weekend and then ham handedly trying to drop a name to get into a restaurant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
bernstein strikes me as the kind of guy who doesn't want anyone to have guns except the 24 hour guards at his gated community.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Candlelight
Yet barely a word on WSCR regarding Chicago's weekend shootings. The tally this July 4th weekend was over 50 shot and I believe at least 10 dead. If they mentioned it, I missed it because I tuned out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bernstein strikes me as the kind of guy who doesn't want anyone to have guns except the 24 hour guards at his gated community.

This just occurred to you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Bernstein was talking about the pressure from his dad to attend an elite school for law. Sounds like his whole family was a miserable bunch of people. How do you go from law to a beat reporter for the score?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:56 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Bernstein was talking about the pressure from his dad to attend an elite school for law. Sounds like his whole family was a miserable bunch of people. How do you go from law to a beat reporter for the score?

Well, he was a radical Beastie Boys, NWA fan and resisted his upbringing to go to Duke.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
pittmike wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Well, he was a radical Beastie Boys, NWA fan and resisted his upbringing to go to Duke.

Yeah, did you hear that? David Haugh actually started asking him if going to a southern school was rebelling against his parents. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:46 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Yeah, did you hear that? David Haugh actually started asking him if going to a southern school was rebelling against his parents. LOL

I didn't hear it I just knew it from listening in the early to mid 90s.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: John's
So Beardown creates a thread complaining about the Score covering social issues than 3 posts later praises them for covering social issues. He’s easily one of the 3 most worthless posters here

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:05 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
So Beardown creates a thread complaining about the Score covering social issues than 3 posts later praises them for covering social issues. He’s easily one of the 3 most worthless posters here

1. Beardown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
2. Caller Bob
3. whitesoxfanfrank

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
2.ballpark
3.long time gay

Wish those two closet queens would get a room already.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
They aren’t gay but it wouldn’t matter if they were. I thought we were beyond gay jokes around here….

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

For those of you that don’t understand the difference of the two things I said - you’re stupid. And may god have mercy on your soul.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hate listen to the score Beardown? If you want an escape there are a million sports podcasts out there.

Have not listened in a long long time due to it just being boring. Said before, this message board is more fun.

Last thing I saw on twitter was some journalist bashing some show because they spent a segment on some producers softball game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
if it was 16 inch, it deserved to be bashed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:

yep

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Caller Bob wrote:

bad take. Beardown is a LEGEND on this board.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
is there a way this can be tied into Penn State ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
or Patrick Kane?