It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:28 pm 

A pretty good read: https://www.barrettsportsmedia.com/2022/08/24/dan-mcneil-is-taking-his-mask-off/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
His new book should be better than JDC’s or that book of lists…..lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Great interview. Thanks for sharing. Huge fan of Mac the talent, but even more so of Mac the person.

This resonated with me...I know what he's saying and feel like I am finally there as well.

M: You know what, Brian, you learn at some point not to obsess about the destination. It took me forever to get there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:15 pm 

Really good stuff. Mac is a real dude and that has always endeared him to folks.

I still cannot believe they fired him for that stupid comment, and that they would not let him at the last anniv celebration.

Hopefully someday soon he will get back to interacting with some folks here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
McNeil is a fucking two faced clown and will always will be. Before he got fired over the Maria Taylor tweet he had been part of the "Cancel Culture" himself. He shamed people that decried the lockdowns and wanted sports back, oh by the way he went fishing with a large group in the middle of COVID during 2020.

Fuck this miserable scumbag I hope the last years of his retirement are awful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
McNeil is a fucking two faced clown and will always will be. Before he got fired over the Maria Taylor tweet he had been part of the "Cancel Culture" himself. He shamed people that decried the lockdowns and wanted sports back, oh by the way he went fishing with a large group in the middle of COVID during 2020.

This is not untrue.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:36 pm 

To his credit every radio personality is not real people

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:

the CDC has finally gotten around to acknowledging none of that mattered

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Really good stuff. Mac is a real dude and that has always endeared him to folks.

I still cannot believe they fired him for that stupid comment, and that they would not let him at the last anniv celebration.

Yup. Like him or not, he is about as genuine as they come in sports media. Everybody seems to be putting on an act these days once the "On Air" light goes on. Mac rarely, if ever, did so.

Back in the MJH days, the only difference in McNeil's speak on the radio vs in person were the cuss words :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Caller Bob wrote:

Didn't you assail people here for getting the jab(s), only for us to find out that you got the jab(s)?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:53 pm 

Dan won't be the last person Maria Taylor is poison to in a career.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:57 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Didn't you assail people here for getting the jab(s), only for us to find out that you got the jab(s)?

Nah that never happened. I believe you mentioned you are a big Mac fan, but you should know what fucking con he is....hell a few weeks ago he was crying like a bitch about Roe Vs Wade saying he wanted to move to Canada.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Nah that never happened.

Quote:
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Mac on Parkins LOL

It’s making him much more appealing to the everyday motherf—kers who might have just seen him as another silver spoon from the North Shore years ago. His life, until he started experiencing real life shit, was one of leisure. And I think Danny could take more of an interest in the history of sports before he started watching them

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Dan won't be the last person Maria Taylor is poison to in a career.

Good thing she doesn’t have a victimhood complex like Spaulding does .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
McNeil did start down the SJW path, and I took some pleasure in him getting devoured by it. However, he was definitely a real guy on the radio and shared with us many tough parts of his life. On balance he was as good as you are going to get in a local, passionate, and entertaining radio talk show host.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I think people seem to remember what he used to be vs. what he was at the end of his run.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Caller Bob wrote:

You calling someone a miserable scumbag is fucking laughable.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I think people seem to remember what he used to be vs. what he was at the end of his run.

This. He really only cared about the NFL full time. He liked the Hawks but knew he couldn’t talk about them and the Sox were only slightly more relevant. A good host can cover a range of topics without the audience being aware of his disdain for the subject.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:07 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

This. He really only cared about the NFL full time. He liked the Hawks but knew he couldn’t talk about them and the Sox were only slightly more relevant. A good host can cover a range of topics without the audience being aware of his disdain for the subject.

I think he suffered from what every host of that golden age of the Score suffered in their mid 50s, a growing disinterest in watching sports day to day. The big Score hosts cashed some big checks in their 40-50s and then started to look at sports like we do, as a pastime, rather than a job. You look at it and pretty much all of them were done by or before 60.

You have to appreciate a guy like Les who lived for talking and watching sports.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

I think he suffered from what every host of that golden age of the Score suffered in their mid 50s, a growing disinterest in watching sports day to day. The big Score hosts cashed some big checks in their 40-50s and then started to look at sports like we do, as a pastime, rather than a job. You look at it and pretty much all of them were done by or before 60.

You have to appreciate a guy like Les who lived for talking and watching sports.

I think he’d also told all his stories by the time he was paired with Parkins and it’s tough to be a “Dangerous” regional AM sports talk host when you’re closing in on social security age.

The Parkins pairing always seemed to be an awkward fit to me. Aside from the generational gap, they didn’t have much in common aside from giggling about weed. It’s interesting to read his view of it as it runs a complete 180 as to how I thought of it as a listener.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Nice that it's on my podcast app.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:31 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Nice that it's on my podcast app.

The network sounds like it has some real possibilites.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Caller Bob wrote:

Imagine getting this worked up over a sports radio personality. Sad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:02 am 

Derplington wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Imagine getting this worked up over a sports radio personality. Sad.

Haha fair. I was a bit over the top. still though, fuck McNeil.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
McNeil spending a year being an SJW twat doesn't undo all that he did in the 20 years prior. We all know it was a fake act that last year to appease the woke burritos who rule 670 as it slowly dies.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
to say DaMaNa got fired over the single tweet is like saying a guy who has cheated on his gf over and over for years finally gets dumped by her one day when she sees a text from another woman on his phone only got dumped b/c of the text. It's not only the last text/single tweet, it's the years and years of shit that came before.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:09 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yup. Like him or not, he is about as genuine as they come in sports media. Everybody seems to be putting on an act these days once the "On Air" light goes on. Mac rarely, if ever, did so.

Back in the MJH days, the only difference in McNeil's speak on the radio vs in person were the cuss words :lol:

He seemed happiest being silly with Terry and chumming around with offensive linemen. Which worked during that time when the entire station (except Shaer) seemed to enjoy sports and laughing with listeners.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:20 pm 

He made a post recently on FB about Urlacher getting some heat for being a Trump supporter and to support the athlete not their beliefs, etc.

The comment section is as predictable as a CW show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
People really care what Urlacher thinks about politics or anything other than football and banging strippers? Jeezus, wicked smaht.