It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
RFDC wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
I listened to Dan Wiederer Bears talk visits at ESPN 1000 before he switched to the Score. He was there very non-confrontational, happy-go-lucky and could take being joked with. Parkins has a history trying to demean and trap his guests recently with Hub, Boomer Esiason and going back Jack McDowell and Jim Miller. Parkins arrogant debating style with his lack of sport knowledge built up with Wiederer and he had enough and (hats off to him) went on the offensive.

you still haven't informed the class about the family connections he had in order to get the job?

And the SJW factor. Vito always forgets that part.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:21 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
I think both sides are right in this deal. Parkins gets butt hurt very easily just like he did with Bernsie awhile back during transition, but Wiederer does come off condescending a lot of the time.

Yeah, Parkins definitely overreacted to Wiederer's condescension. But it's weird how fixated Wiederer is/was on Parkins' view of the team--and the degree to which he wanted to provoke a confrontation over it.

Wiederer is also a regular guest on the Holmes and Bernstein show. Both hosts have virtually the same view of the team as Parkins does. And Bernstein, at least, is certainly no less aggressive or rigid in his analysis than Parkins is. Yet Wiederer chose to confront Parkins regarding his opinion while also implying that his view of the team is unique.

This whole episode is very strange and suggests that it's Wiederer's personal dislike for Parkins rather than Parkins' actual opinions that fueled this confrontation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
Wiederer was right. Parkins has a view, and he believes everyone else should share it. Wiederer is essentially telling Parkins that his opposing views can also be rational. That idea makes Parkins head explode.

Parkins= Liberal= match

Nailed it, this is why WSCR is so boring, isn't there some old saying that liberals claim to want to listen to other views,but are shocked and offended to discover there are other views.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:11 am 
1000 CLUB

I'd be surprised if Wiederer himself isn't also a "liberal".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
As an open minded republican, the liberals need to understand they should espouse republican ideas if they want to be more convincing.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Looks like Potash is a Parkins & Spiegel listener...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
There is no Peyton Manning in this draft. What a terrible take

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: John's
And the Bears would have drafted Leaf #1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The Bears are a clown show, they should have drafted Moss. Alan Faneca was there, If you had to get a rb take Fred Taylor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:54 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
And the Bears would have drafted Leaf #1

:lol: very likely.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:03 am 

Wasn't that around the time when the Bears botched the McGinnis hire? With that management team around they might have drafted Manning but offered the contract to Leaf.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:46 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Again Danny Parkins is a little bitch and makes an entire generation look bad. Fields can't pass either.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire
is it just me or is there a narrative being pushed in chicago media that justin fields is a superstar regardless of stats and w/l record?

every week the bears lose but fields "shows improvement" and "got them closer to winning a super bowl"

dan bernstein is saying we should be throwing him a parade

what am i missing?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:20 pm 

papa_bear wrote:
is it just me or is there a narrative being pushed in chicago media that justin fields is a superstar regardless of stats and w/l record?

every week the bears lose but fields "shows improvement" and "got them closer to winning a super bowl"

what am i missing?

It is the national media to. He got better this year but needs to become faster in his passing decision making to be real difference long term.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
papa_bear wrote:

what am i missing?

It's extremely annoying. It's one thing to be optimistic, but the daytime hosts are taking it to new heights every day. It's gone from will he be benched, to will he be traded, to being a lock for QB1 next year and beyond, to maybe making the Pro Bowl this year (!), to the absurdity of getting MVP votes (!!!). Now I'm hearing Parkins and Spiegel say that the Bears have so many holes and question marks that NEXT year might only be a 5-7 win season and we might not be able to evaluate Fields even then. WTF? If the Bears win 5 games next year, I would bet my life that either Eberflus or Poles or Fields -- or all of them -- are launched.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire
when i have to be constantly reminded after an 8th straight loss how great fields is really raises some red flags

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Unlike the Cubs thought what is the Score guy’s skin in the game to be in the tank like this. He is exciting but not a complete QB yet. Maybe will be much better maybe not. At this point it’s absurd to run the cheerleading train. What does the score gain?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:25 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
papa_bear wrote:

what am i missing?

It's extremely annoying. It's one thing to be optimistic, but the daytime hosts are taking it to new heights every day. It's gone from will he be benched, to will he be traded, to being a lock for QB1 next year and beyond, to maybe making the Pro Bowl this year (!), to the absurdity of getting MVP votes (!!!). Now I'm hearing Parkins and Spiegel say that the Bears have so many holes and question marks that NEXT year might only be a 5-7 win season and we might not be able to evaluate Fields even then. WTF? If the Bears win 5 games next year, I would bet my life that either Eberflus or Poles or Fields -- or all of them -- are launched.

So I'm also annoyed with the hyperbole from Parkins and Bernstein and others but I also think the other extreme is to nitpick Fields' yards thrown stats, which we've discussed. The former is just irrational exuberance and the latter to me is missing the forest for the trees. I do think you should re-assess your prediction if they win five games or less last year. Poles has at least 5-6 years here easy. I've only really followed the careers of Angelo, Emery, Pace and Poles and it seems Emery being launched early was an outlier. He's here to stay and will probably get a chance to hire one more coach and maybe two QBs if Fields doesn't work out (reason being he didn't draft Fields).

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:42 pm 

On Emery, a minor what-if:

Emery's undoing was getting the HC wrong. It led to a spectacular failure. However, Emery was responsible for the best offense we've seen since...maybe ever? I don't really know about the teams prior to the 2000s, but certainly, the core of Cutler, Bennet, Marshall, Forte, and Jeffrey was the best collection of skill players on offense since 2000 at least. The "what-if" here is what if Emery picked Arians over Trestman. I want to say that was the choice he had to make. I'm not saying the Bears would have won the SB with Arians, but Arians with that core on offense would have been pretty interesting.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Last 6 games (yds TD int rtg sk)

Fields 1000 10 4 101.1 19
J Allen 1454 11 3 94.7 14
Mahomes 1891 14 5 107.1 7
Burrow 1556 14 4 103.5 8
Herbert 1765 8 4 92.8 23
Lawrence 1680 14 1 111.2 12
Rodgers 1293 10 6 89.0 10
Tua T 1560 12 2 103.1 11
Goff 1563 9 0 104.4 6
Brady 1630 11 6 85.3 6
Hurts 1430 10 3 100.4 13
Cousins 1819 11 5 95.1 24
G Smith 1747 13 5 103.1 18
Prescott 1512 14 9 95.2 7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:04 pm 

I'm a parkins fan I don't listen a ton but I like the guy

When I listened I just listened to this exchange I got to say parkins came off more condescending than the other guy

Like parkins basically low talk disagreeing with everything the guy said not even letting him finish just came off real arrogant

Fields is good. Could be great. Might be Lamar Jackson and do it for years might be Colin Kaeprrnick and fade away

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
veganfan21 wrote:

Emery's undoing was getting the HC wrong. It led to a spectacular failure. However, Emery was responsible for the best offense we've seen since...maybe ever? I don't really know about the teams prior to the 2000s, but certainly, the core of Cutler, Bennet, Marshall, Forte, and Jeffrey was the best collection of skill players on offense since 2000 at least. The "what-if" here is what if Emery picked Arians over Trestman. I want to say that was the choice he had to make. I'm not saying the Bears would have won the SB with Arians, but Arians with that core on offense would have been pretty interesting.

Wow, I never thought of it like that. Great sports take.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
veganfan21 wrote:

I have a feeling Sweaty Teddy had his fingerprints on the Arians debacle. Asking him to do a mock press conference (when he had already been a coach who had done them) seems like something Phillips would do.