It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:59 pm 

I've just about finished the process of a full divorce from the station. Day 1 listener blah blah blah.

Of late, I've only been tuning in to the morning show once or twice a week - completely avoiding the station the rest of the day. Words cannot describe how awful Larry is, and somehow Bernstein has become 100x worse since Terry retired (and I'm assuming completely insufferable since paired with Larbear). The afternoon show seemed to show some promise, but that was either foolhardy or short-lived. Outside of that, I think the station is just Cubs and Bulls games + whatever national drivel they play now (despite leaning on the live and local angle so hard for so long).

In any case, tuned this turd of a show on today and was greeted by an opening that centered around meatpants apparently not being able to show up for a couple of big shows around the Cubs Convention. He was in "hell week", what with having two birthdays in his family happening in the same week. Upon his return (yesterday), his partner decided to not show up - to which he hilariously mocked him for not showing up.

They then went on to discuss that meatpants would not be around much coming up, either, as he has a couple of vacations to take. Antics ensue, as he did the SAME THING LAST YEAR lolololol. Oh man.

Final straw was them earnestly discussing whether or not they would take a full year in traction (like the Bears new president had to endure as a yoot, and is cited as part of his drive for excellence in his career etc) if they knew it would result in them being as impressive and accomplished as he has become.

I still blame Mac for bringing meatpants back to the station - and I'm not sure who to blame for Sparkins soiling the airwaves - but I'm out. It's just garbage radio, dragged further down by the bombastic buffoon that goes by the name Shane. God bless you, Tanny, you really do deserve better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Harry Seaward wrote:
I've just about finished the process of a full divorce from the station.

I've only been tuning in to the morning show once or twice a week

The afternoon show seemed to show some promise,

tuned this turd of a show on today

but I'm out.

This mult used to put in better efforts. For shame

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
WSCR thanks you for listening.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Well said Harry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:25 pm 

I guess one upside to the relative lack of activity on this entire forum in general is that it at least reduced the amount of "and you'll listen tomorrow just like you listened today and the day before that" douchenozzle members/posts.

I've not heard a minute of this show in months, and my tune in today only cemented that approach further. Trash.

I'm not a mult, either, but excellent theory.

The state of the station makes me sad, and despite years of decline I have hung on (as habits (30 years) are hard to break). While I've never been the type of guy to hate-listen truly horrid shows/hosts (Larry, Julie, McKnight and Finfer are a few that pop to mind), I have admittedly hung in there out of routine despite being more frustrated than entertained. That is ovah, and I'm guessing I'm not alone (and I imagine I am right in the demo they're sales folks would like to claim excellence in when speaking to potential advertisers).

I understand that most don't give a shit, and that's alright - I'll give you back to the troubling ramblings of guys like Beardown.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hate listening is an illness. May you find the help you need.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
This is the only show on the station worth even tuning into anymore. Sometimes they can be entertaining....sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
He's got a point about Parkins and Siegel. It was pretty good radio back when Spiegel had zero respect for Parkins.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Great post. 100% spot on

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: I, Pizza
Harry Seaward wrote:
I've just about finished the process of a full divorce from the station. Day 1 listener blah blah blah.

Of late, I've only been tuning in to the morning show once or twice a week - completely avoiding the station the rest of the day. Words cannot describe how awful Larry is, and somehow Bernstein has become 100x worse since Terry retired (and I'm assuming completely insufferable since paired with Larbear). The afternoon show seemed to show some promise, but that was either foolhardy or short-lived. Outside of that, I think the station is just Cubs and Bulls games + whatever national drivel they play now (despite leaning on the live and local angle so hard for so long).

In any case, tuned this turd of a show on today and was greeted by an opening that centered around meatpants apparently not being able to show up for a couple of big shows around the Cubs Convention. He was in "hell week", what with having two birthdays in his family happening in the same week. Upon his return (yesterday), his partner decided to not show up - to which he hilariously mocked him for not showing up.

They then went on to discuss that meatpants would not be around much coming up, either, as he has a couple of vacations to take. Antics ensue, as he did the SAME THING LAST YEAR lolololol. Oh man.

Final straw was them earnestly discussing whether or not they would take a full year in traction (like the Bears new president had to endure as a yoot, and is cited as part of his drive for excellence in his career etc) if they knew it would result in them being as impressive and accomplished as he has become.

I still blame Mac for bringing meatpants back to the station - and I'm not sure who to blame for Sparkins soiling the airwaves - but I'm out. It's just garbage radio, dragged further down by the bombastic buffoon that goes by the name Shane. God bless you, Tanny, you really do deserve better.

A well written post.

Facts also check out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I don't disagree with any of it, although I haven't had reason to listen since I was last there during a non holiday weekday in October.

I will note, however, that multiple hosts have stated over the years that because of the way their contracts work, vacation time doesn't roll over. It's essentially "do X hours of weekday radio over the next 365 days" so you work until you hit X and take the rest of your contract year off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:22 am 

I listen mainly in drive times and weekends. I like the product during those hours. I am lucky to not listen when the shows I know I would hate are broadcast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: What??
It's all tolerable. It may not be good but the advantage is it's local. There's just no edge, no tension, no out of the box performances.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Who still uses the term “nothing burger”?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
It's all tolerable. It may not be good but the advantage is it's local. There's just no edge, no tension, no out of the box performances.

Here’s the last 10 months of the score
5:00-9:00 am Justin Fields is great Tony Larussa racist
9-12:00 Justin Fields is great , Tony LaRussa racist
12:00-200 Justin Fields is great , Tony LaRussa racist
2:00-6:00 Juston Fields is great , Tony La Russa is racist

then they go full gonzo mode during the non drive times
6-midnight Tony La Russa is racist, Justin Fields great
midnight to 5 AM Tony LaRussa is racist, Justin Fields, great.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
badrogue17 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Here’s the last 10 months of the score
5:00-9:00 am Justin Fields is great Tony Larussa racist
9-12:00 Justin Fields is great , Tony LaRussa racist
12:00-200 Justin Fields is great , Tony LaRussa racist
2:00-6:00 Juston Fields is great , Tony La Russa is racist

then they go full gonzo mode during the non drive times
6-midnight Tony La Russa is racist, Justin Fields great
midnight to 5 AM Tony LaRussa is racist, Justin Fields, great.