It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
After their interview with his accuser. Interview was with Parkins and Spiegel. Definitely seemed like there were some holes in her story, but who knows

https://twitter.com/suntimes_sports/sta ... fjURw&s=19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Actually not in this case but not surprised. I am really surprised Kane didn’t make millions off of B&B.

“You can’t say that!”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Derplington wrote:
After their interview with his accuser. Interview was with Parkins and Spiegel. Definitely seemed like there were some holes in her story, but who knows

https://twitter.com/suntimes_sports/sta ... fjURw&s=19

What holes in particular?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Good to see Grid is still around stirring the pot. :salut:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Did you think she had an ASTM lab book on how much acid and shrooms he took and when? I’m not trying to like this guy or dislike her at all. She’s a thing though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
pittmike wrote:
Did you think she had an ASTM lab book on how much acid and shrooms he took and when? I’m not trying to like this guy or dislike her at all. She’s a thing though.

I’m not sure what you mean. I don’t think it’s a stretch that his girlfriend could be very aware of his vices.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:22 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Shes a bright, articulate lady that told a powerful story. Then she goes into the Trevor Bauer friendship then feud with Cleavinger. I was amazed how unfiltered she was in detail apparently ok'd by her attorneys with litigations likely. He said/she said but not a good look for Cleavinger. White Sox have to be humiliated to have him on the team. Felt odd to have interesting content on the sinking Score. Listened to the interview then off I'm sure like most.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
vitoscotti wrote:
Score. Listened to the interview then off I'm sure like most.

Who you crappin'?

Your obsession with the Score is comical and sad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:07 pm 

DAC wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Score. Listened to the interview then off I'm sure like most.

Who you crappin'?

Your obsession with the Score is comical and sad.

"Score."?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:57 pm 

What is he supposed to be suing them for, giving her a platform I’d guess has been open to him?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:17 pm 

Hahn & Pedro Grifol might give the "White Sox culture" shtick a break with an accused gf choker and guy who throws things at his infant on the roster.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
vitoscotti wrote:
Hahn & Pedro Grifol might give the "White Sox culture" shtick a break with an accused gf choker and guy who throws things at his infant on the roster.

You hate the White Sox and the Score. How’s Scot’s-dale?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Did Spiegel really bring on the guy who was in Rapeman and who wrote "Pray I Don't Kill You, F*ggot" to explain to everyone how distasteful Clevinger using "Gold Digger" was? Really?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Did Spiegel really bring on the guy who was in Rapeman and who wrote "Pray I Don't Kill You, F*ggot" to explain to everyone how distasteful Clevinger using "Gold Digger" was? Really?

I'm not surprised after learning that Trevor Bauer has a vlog of his travails in Japan. I watched a couple from their preseason and unless the in season shows are much more interesting I'm out thinking that the guy is a massive prick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I don't really care one way or the other on Bauer, but his vlogs from Japan have been interesting I think. More interesting for me in regards to how they embrace baseball over there and do things differently then in actually following how he performs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:51 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
I don't really care one way or the other on Bauer, but his vlogs from Japan have been interesting I think. More interesting for me in regards to how they embrace baseball over there and do things differently then in actually following how he performs.

I have to admit being a bit jealous of this generation's ability to see things like these complete looks at daily life in such foreign settings, so I agree with you on that. But I must've missed the explanation as to why he lives so far from the baseball facility.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:05 am 

Good question, and I tuned in late and didn't catch the reason why he showed up to play baseball in Japan without a mitt and had to go to the store and buy one. I enjoyed that segment though, that store looked awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
People who sue sue, they don't talk about it. They just file the paperwork and let their lawsuit do the talking.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Good question, and I tuned in late and didn't catch the reason why he showed up to play baseball in Japan without a mitt and had to go to the store and buy one. I enjoyed that segment though, that store looked awesome.

He was told there are certain restrictions on gloves and cleats - he was told the glove leather and stitching cant be different colors and wasnt able to find one that would be allowed before he left (which apparently he found out isnt the case when he arrived in Japan).

The cleats have restrictions on logos and color schemes as well. Same deal, he couldnt get a pair with logos adequately removed in time.

As for the living situation, my understanding from what he said in his vlog (it might have been his agent) is the team provides their players and pays for their lodging, so he got what they gave him, as far as location/vicinity to the facility.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:29 am 

Hes currently pitching with their Eastern League team, which is basically minor leagues, for what amounts to a spring training for him. He currently doesnt have an update for when he'll appear with the Central League major NPB team, but id imagine not too long

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:32 am 

He didn't have a mitt because of confusion he had about which color combinations of leather, stitching and laces were legal. Seems that his concerns were completely misplaced.

When my sons still played, I loved stores like that and the online store that had everything baseball under the sun. It reminded me of going to SportMart or Morrie Mages as a youth. An hour plus gone, easy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:50 am 

Well because I have been watching his vlog, a video of his first appearance in a game appeared on my YouTube feed last night, an edited pitch-by-pitch of his 4 innings. Whatever level it was he was pitching to didn't have much of an answer for his off-speed pitches, it was kind of funny. I was really impressed by the home plate umpire in that game, they are all business over there, shouting out the calls very clearly and concisely (and accurately).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:35 am 

Well because I have been watching his vlog, a video of his first appearance in a game appeared on my YouTube feed last night, an edited pitch-by-pitch of his 4 innings. Whatever level it was he was pitching to didn't have much of an answer for his off-speed pitches, it was kind of funny. I was really impressed by the home plate umpire in that game, they are all business over there, shouting out the calls very clearly and concisely (and accurately).

Yeah, he posted a link to the live feed on his instagram and i watched it too. few hits on some good pitches. You're right about the umps - very professional. I saw one pitch that was called a ball that was close. Bauer asked if it was too high with his hand at his chest and his catcher translated. The ump barely nodded that yes, it was too high hahaha.

He got a sword in for a check swing strike 3 and the crowd loved it.

He looked good - i was watching the km/h and converted on a few. He topped out at 95 mph and some of his breaking stuff was unhittable.

The major league stadium is gonna be nuts when he finally pitches there. Not that it isnt already already a raucous, awesome baseball crowd already