Parkins and Spiegel on Fields’ performance:

Great
Grade A
Brilliant
Truly special

That was just in the first hour.

Did he miss the strip sack?
Fields always folds in crunch time.

They're doing the same thing the Tyson Bagent people do! Exact same thing! Some goober with a pop-gun arm game-manages his way past the incompetent McDaniels Raiders and it's "move over Fields, this is what real quarterbacking looks like" and it is correctly identified as drivel. Then Fields had to pick up 35-40 yards, immediately coughs up the ball for a safety from the 25, and it's "Justin Fields forever changed the way we think about football and life today, the way he did a dance made us believe that life was finally worth living again, how dare everyone let him down like this."

We have been over this again and again with the Score guys and Fields. I still don’t understand what they get out of this? Does either championing for Fields or naming a sizable portion of your audience/Bears fans racist gain anything?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Parkins and Spiegel on Fields’ performance:

Great
Grade A
Brilliant
Truly special

That was just in the first hour.

Did he miss the strip sack?
Fields always folds in crunch time.

They're doing the same thing the Tyson Bagent people do! Exact same thing! Some goober with a pop-gun arm game-manages his way past the incompetent McDaniels Raiders and it's "move over Fields, this is what real quarterbacking looks like" and it is correctly identified as drivel. Then Fields had to pick up 35-40 yards, immediately coughs up the ball for a safety from the 25, and it's "Justin Fields forever changed the way we think about football and life today, the way he did a dance made us believe that life was finally worth living again, how dare everyone let him down like this."

We have been over this again and again with the Score guys and Fields. I still don’t understand what they get out of this? Does either championing for Fields or naming a sizable portion of your audience/Bears fans racist gain anything?

It makes them feel superior to us rubes listening to the radio.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Jon Morosi apologizing on P & S for his "Ohtani is on a plane for Toronto" call is like John Dillinger apologizing to Al Capone for his crimes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Jon Morosi apologizing on P & S for his "Ohtani is on a plane for Toronto" call is like John Dillinger apologizing to Al Capone for his crimes.

He went on and on and on. Trying to make a career of trying to "do better." He monologued for 15 minutes. Just effing painful. And yes, maybe it was because these guys might want to bask in the glory of never being wrong about a stupid rumor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:54 pm 

Really it should be the Spiegel and Parkins section.

Matt has completely taken over the show and it's not even "his" sports season.
I used to like Danny as an interviewer. He would ask the hard, uncomfortable questions. But in the last year or so Spiegel has dominated the discussions, from transition (where some days it's unclear if Danny is even there, Matt is talking so much), to any interview where Matt's questions seem to outnumber Danny 6 to 1.
I'm not sure what's happened but, despite all the hate on this board for Parkins, it was a better show when he was driving and I'd love to see him back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
zunk wrote:
Really it should be the Spiegel and Parkins section.

Matt has completely taken over the show and it's not even "his" sports season.
I used to like Danny as an interviewer. He would ask the hard, uncomfortable questions. But in the last year or so Spiegel has dominated the discussions, from transition (where some days it's unclear if Danny is even there, Matt is talking so much), to any interview where Matt's questions seem to outnumber Danny 6 to 1.
I'm not sure what's happened but, despite all the hate on this board for Parkins, it was a better show when he was driving and I'd love to see him back.

That's like saying when a car falls off a cliff the beginning plummeting down part is high livin' compared to the car actually crashing to the ground part.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Spiegel is like the kid whose mother always said whatever he said was just so funny even though everyone else thought he was annoying. I couldn't stand him with Mac, couldn't stand him with Goff, and can't take him now with Perkins. I don't get the draw for him being on the radio.