It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Who the hell knows anymore. Anyway...

What horrible radio today.

There is absolutely nothing, not one damn thing compelling, nothing, about hearing your damn kids make picks. There is nothing interesting about hearing parkins wife tell everyone what a shitty husband he is. We know he's a shitty husband. That's obvious with his gambling and reefer addictions and what a shit he is having her shovel while pregnant and how incredibly inept he is at life and being a man. It's depressing.

Todays Howard stern derivative bit of bringing on the wife was brain numbing. I quickly flipped the station. And honestly, as a P1 listener for 25 years... what's compelling me to come back? Honestly I don't know anymore.

While we're at it, what's with the ads paid by the sports books with tips on how to best the sports books? Really? Is that how stupid you think we all are?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'm looking forward to next week when Parkins brings his college professor on to talk about that one time they went out for coffee on November 27, 2004.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I heard the early part of the show. The upshot seemed to be he was too drunk to have sex with his wife after the KC game? Hopefully he didn’t bring her on to discuss that?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:05 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I heard the early part of the show. The upshot seemed to be he was too drunk to have sex with his wife after the KC game? Hopefully he didn’t bring her on to discuss that?

I don't know. I got maybe 45 seconds into the bit and I just had to change to pandora so I could listen to crazy train for the 300th time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:10 pm 

Darkside wrote:

I don't know. I got maybe 45 seconds into the bit and I just had to change to pandora so I could listen to crazy train for the 300th time.

He told the story early on about him going to a tailgate, getting hammered and then how that impacted plans for after the game. He then elaborated that his plans involved having a hotel room and no kids.

It sounded like something Mac would share and also the reason Mac was divorced 8 times.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:23 am 

I've never heard his wife on but I think it is fun when they have the kids pick.

I think it would be a great show to let Spieg's wives host a segment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:42 am 

Darkside wrote:

Let your new working assistance teach you more about the bible.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Darkside wrote:

There is absolutely nothing, not one damn thing compelling, nothing, about hearing your damn kids make picks. There is nothing interesting about hearing parkins wife tell everyone what a shitty husband he is. We know he's a shitty husband. That's obvious with his gambling and reefer addictions and what a shit he is having her shovel while pregnant and how incredibly inept he is at life and being a man. It's depressing.

Todays Howard stern derivative bit of bringing on the wife was brain numbing. I quickly flipped the station. And honestly, as a P1 listener for 25 years... what's compelling me to come back? Honestly I don't know anymore.

While we're at it, what's with the ads paid by the sports books with tips on how to best the sports books? Really? Is that how stupid you think we all are?

Putting toddlers on the air to make NFL picks, or for any reason at all, sounds awful.

Parkins is so narcissistic he thinks the things that make him a lousy person are funny, cute, and endearing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Darkside wrote:
There is nothing interesting about hearing parkins wife tell everyone what a shitty husband he is.

That bit worked for Dahl because the listeners actually liked him and were rooting for his marriage to work. In the case of Parkins the inclination is to tell her to divorce his ass.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
There is nothing interesting about hearing parkins wife tell everyone what a shitty husband he is.

That bit worked for Dahl because the listeners actually liked him and were rooting for his marriage to work. In the case of Parkins the inclination is to tell her to divorce his ass.

Well said.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I always thought it was too close to call who was the worst Score host of all-time among the current group . But, Parkins is pulling away taking the lead to be the worst of worst.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:33 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
I always thought it was too close to call who was the worst Score host of all-time among the current group . But, Parkins is pulling away taking the lead to be the worst of worst.

That is not even close to true. They have been way worse. Parkins is not even the worst of the current lineup.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:53 pm 

RFDC wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

That is not even close to true. They have been way worse. Parkins is not even the worst of the current lineup.

Lifetime achievement award to Grimace on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:57 pm 

Mulligan is probably a worst host than Parkins or Spiegel in terms of the "mechanics" (for lack of a better word) of being a host because he is so astonishingly inarticulate, but IMO Parkins and Spiegel are less likable as people and their personalities makes them every bit as bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I'd like to hear more about the wild exploits of Vegas Haugh. Rumor is he neither likes or dislikes pineapple on pizza.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:12 pm 

you guys are harsh

I like Parkins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
vitoscotti wrote:

It's LoHo, no one compares to the self-importance and general phony presence of sir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nardi wrote:
I'd like to hear more about the wild exploits of Vegas Haugh. Rumor is he neither likes or dislikes pineapple on pizza.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Of the current lineup, larry is by far the worst. It's not even close.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I don’t mind Parkins because he knows the part he’s playing on radio.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
KDdidit wrote:

That's the way I see it; he's playing a role for comedic purposes. I think it works.

Holmes, Bernstein, Leila, and Haugh are all far worse.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:46 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

That's the way I see it; he's playing a role for comedic purposes. I think it works.

Holmes, Bernstein, Leila, and Haugh are all far worse.

It just annoys me when men can man and he cannot man. I don't think it's a bit. He just leans into his metrosexuality. But the thing is if you're a metro you gotta be a total twink and he is not that every remotely ya know? Like, yeech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

I'm not seeing this excellent comedy from Parkins.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm with you Darkside.

He's not funny. The bit isn't funny. He's wildly unlikable. He's been hand fed so much. He has no concept of the world outside his little protected silver spoon bubble. He's a total narcissist.

He's actually terrible at just speaking. He has so many ticks that make him damn near unlistenable as well. "Uh uhh uhhh obviously the bears should do this, but obviously they don't because this uh uh uh uh and i obviously know that uh uh uh uhhhhh and i say obviously to make sure you know that i know this, but i have to say obviously because i'm fucking insecure that you may think i don't know, obviously."

Even when he has a potentially good interview it gets somewhat ruined by him. It's all about him and proving he is right about his thoughts and opinions. That's what he focuses on and looks for rather than trying to uncover truth. That's how the Josh Lucas interview went. Lucas was a great guest and we had to deal with Parkins and Spiegel tripping all over the interview interrupting Lucas who was giving interesting behind-the-scenes info. Parkins was so focused on trying to find where "he was right" about the Bears and not just let the interview play out.

Larry sucks no doubt, but at this point Parkins has taken it another level for me because he should be better than he is and his silver spoon look at the world pisses me off. I think he's kind of a trash human. No clue why good dolphin enjoys listening to this shit or the shitty "kids picks" - more narcissism...

We somehow have two sports talk stations in this town and most of the local programming sucks. Such a disappointment when all I want to do is hear what's going on with our local sports teams when I have 15 minutes in the car.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:06 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Yikes!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:39 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
I'm with you Darkside.

He's not funny. The bit isn't funny. He's wildly unlikable. He's been hand fed so much. He has no concept of the world outside his little protected silver spoon bubble. He's a total narcissist.

He's actually terrible at just speaking. He has so many ticks that make him damn near unlistenable as well. "Uh uhh uhhh obviously the bears should do this, but obviously they don't because this uh uh uh uh and i obviously know that uh uh uh uhhhhh and i say obviously to make sure you know that i know this, but i have to say obviously because i'm fucking insecure that you may think i don't know, obviously."

Even when he has a potentially good interview it gets somewhat ruined by him. It's all about him and proving he is right about his thoughts and opinions. That's what he focuses on and looks for rather than trying to uncover truth. That's how the Josh Lucas interview went. Lucas was a great guest and we had to deal with Parkins and Spiegel tripping all over the interview interrupting Lucas who was giving interesting behind-the-scenes info. Parkins was so focused on trying to find where "he was right" about the Bears and not just let the interview play out.

Larry sucks no doubt, but at this point Parkins has taken it another level for me because he should be better than he is and his silver spoon look at the world pisses me off. I think he's kind of a trash human. No clue why good dolphin enjoys listening to this shit or the shitty "kids picks" - more narcissism...

We somehow have two sports talk stations in this town and most of the local programming sucks. Such a disappointment when all I want to do is hear what's going on with our local sports teams when I have 15 minutes in the car.

Him saying "If you subscribe to logic like I do, you'll have to agree with me." is an all-timer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:07 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
No clue why good dolphin enjoys listening to this shit or the shitty "kids picks" - more narcissism...

they probably share a love affair with showtunes and musicals.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:04 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
I'm with you Darkside.

Lets put a bow on it! :eye:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:36 pm 

Darkside wrote:

It went to shit well before the pandemic. It's on you for even trying. The score needs to die dan bernstien ruined everything when he fired Mike north

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
IkeSouth wrote:
Darkside wrote:

It went to shit well before the pandemic. It's on you for even trying. The score needs to die dan bernstien ruined everything when he fired Mike north

Mike North was making the score great?