It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Tad Queasy wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
I'm with you Darkside.

He's not funny. The bit isn't funny. He's wildly unlikable. He's been hand fed so much. He has no concept of the world outside his little protected silver spoon bubble. He's a total narcissist.

He's actually terrible at just speaking. He has so many ticks that make him damn near unlistenable as well. "Uh uhh uhhh obviously the bears should do this, but obviously they don't because this uh uh uh uh and i obviously know that uh uh uh uhhhhh and i say obviously to make sure you know that i know this, but i have to say obviously because i'm fucking insecure that you may think i don't know, obviously."

Even when he has a potentially good interview it gets somewhat ruined by him. It's all about him and proving he is right about his thoughts and opinions. That's what he focuses on and looks for rather than trying to uncover truth. That's how the Josh Lucas interview went. Lucas was a great guest and we had to deal with Parkins and Spiegel tripping all over the interview interrupting Lucas who was giving interesting behind-the-scenes info. Parkins was so focused on trying to find where "he was right" about the Bears and not just let the interview play out.

Larry sucks no doubt, but at this point Parkins has taken it another level for me because he should be better than he is and his silver spoon look at the world pisses me off. I think he's kind of a trash human. No clue why good dolphin enjoys listening to this shit or the shitty "kids picks" - more narcissism...

We somehow have two sports talk stations in this town and most of the local programming sucks. Such a disappointment when all I want to do is hear what's going on with our local sports teams when I have 15 minutes in the car.

Him saying "If you subscribe to logic like I do, you'll have to agree with me." is an all-timer.

My only complaint with Parkins is what you mentioned. I don't know if this is character he's playing, but he seems to think he's the only person in the sports radio orbit who can think and reason clearly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Parkins incorporates his high school debating champion skills to use the same formula over and over again. Ruffle feathers with a bizarre contradictory sports take, defend it, then as it is proven ridiculously false back down to prop himself up as a hero for admitting he's wrong. I'm sure Mitch knew his modus operandi long before the influence hire was made.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Who the hell knows anymore. Anyway...

What horrible radio today.

There is absolutely nothing, not one damn thing compelling, nothing, about hearing your damn kids make picks. There is nothing interesting about hearing parkins wife tell everyone what a shitty husband he is. We know he's a shitty husband. That's obvious with his gambling and reefer addictions and what a shit he is having her shovel while pregnant and how incredibly inept he is at life and being a man. It's depressing.

Todays Howard stern derivative bit of bringing on the wife was brain numbing. I quickly flipped the station. And honestly, as a P1 listener for 25 years... what's compelling me to come back? Honestly I don't know anymore.

While we're at it, what's with the ads paid by the sports books with tips on how to best the sports books? Really? Is that how stupid you think we all are?

Putting toddlers on the air to make NFL picks, or for any reason at all, sounds awful.

Parkins is so narcissistic he thinks the things that make him a lousy person are funny, cute, and endearing.

He also keeps consistently posting that their little segment with the bears player is the best radio in history. Hes such a fuckin stroke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins incorporates his high school debating champion skills to use the same formula over and over again. Ruffle feathers with a bizarre contradictory sports take, defend it, then as it is proven ridiculously false back down to prop himself up as a hero for admitting he's wrong. I'm sure Mitch knew his modus operandi long before the influence hire was made.

Its the same thing for his idiot friend Nick Wright. They are both far and away the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nicklin3011 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Its the same thing for his idiot friend Nick Wright. They are both far and away the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet.

Here’s a guy who gets it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
What a schnoz on that guy. Adrian Brody territory.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:11 pm 

Listened to the new watered down Olin Kreutz interview on P & S. Then left the podcast play through into the next hour. Kreutz, Cliff Harris interviews were entertaining. The kids NFL picks were cute but one time ok only. Then they really piled on viciously on Chase Claypool to the point of soundingl like a scripted bit. Really reminded me of how annoying and unmanly offended Spiegel can be. Then Marquee Cubs shill Cliff Floyd Parkins tries to Hub trick Floyd into saying his employer's team choked. When they're not doing an interview they're the worst show in the Score's history.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

That’s saying something considering I think they are the worst interviewers on the Score.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Spiegel just called Mulligan "One of the greatest storytellers in Chicago sports media."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
Spiegel just called Mulligan "One of the greatest storytellers in Chicago sports media."

Jesus…the man can’t even put together one sentence without stumbling.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm 

It was a good transition today. Probably an odd tic on my part, but I love various Mike n' the Mad Dog impersonations and conversations thereof. Not the least, I appreciate the 4th wall aspect of M&M, where we actually knew/know what they felt about each other. Like does it matter, really, if Dan hates Leila or something, but I like peeking behind the veil. All this, a long intro, to, there was a little throw away line in transition, after talking about Mike and Mike's strife, "like the afternoon show." Anything to this?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Shane doing his fucking Mahomes impression is the quickest way for me to change the fucking station. I can’t believe that dumbfuck gets so much airtime.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Shane doing his fucking Mahomes impression is the quickest way for me to change the fucking station. I can’t believe that dumbfuck gets so much airtime.

Just brutally awful. Plus I’m sure PMT is on his radar given his demo, and the Mahomes bit PFT does is the gold standard.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:03 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
My biggest gripe with Parkins is his pathetic excuse for a chin. His chin is so pathetic that he has a double chin even when he is skinny. I can't take him seriously. I also don't understand how you can come from a loaded family and not get braces.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

Just brutally awful. Plus I’m sure PMT is on his radar given his demo, and the Mahomes bit PFT does is the gold standard.

It's the worst. They all crack up at it. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:51 pm 

Spiegel's first 15 minutes on Hit & Run without a guest is quite comical and bizarre hearing him struggle talking baseball.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Teven Jenkins was a fun interview.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Teven Jenkins was a fun interview.

Yes, very entertaining!

I think he is my favorite current Bear.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I hope they don’t bench him for participating in it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:39 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
I hope they don’t bench him for participating in it.

huh?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

Nice to see you pop into twitch. It's full of weirdos and dipshits since they banned all the fun people but your shot at spiegel did not go unnoticed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:35 pm 

just listened to the Jenkins interview, that was really good.

HELLL NO he aint going up in any skyscrapers :lol: that was awesome

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:59 am 

With Teven Jenkins P & S didn't do their signature leading questions to see if he'd bite to go somewhere he shouldn't. Nor, their usual mocking the guest after he hangs up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
Spiegel's first 15 minutes on Hit & Run without a guest is quite comical and bizarre hearing him struggle talking baseball.

Used to put uncle Milty on in the background to help me fall asleep, but Milton Rosenberg droning on about the topics of the day was way more interesting than listening to Spiegel try to fill segments on Hit and Run with odd baseball thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:20 pm 

Big fan of odd baseball thoughts. I got about 3 dozen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nardi wrote:

Love odd baseball thoughts when they are actually about players/strategy, not the back of the baseball card stats and "spin rate" crud that fills the airways at good ole' WSCR, too bad Jimmy Piersall isn't still around, it would be quite entertaining to hear him interact with guys like Spiegs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:48 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Love odd baseball thoughts when they are actually about players/strategy, not the back of the baseball card stats and "spin rate" crud that fills the airways at good ole' WSCR, too bad Jimmy Piersall isn't still around, it would be quite entertaining to hear him interact with guys like Spiegs.

Truth be told, Jimmy would have loved the two participants who ended up in the WS. Right up to the point where Arizona reverted back to being Arizona. It was the best playoffs, by far, since the Royals run in 2014. The leather being thrown around was remarkable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Parkins and Spiegel on Fields’ performance:

Great
Grade A
Brilliant
Truly special

That was just in the first hour.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Great
Grade A
Brilliant
Truly special

Did he miss the strip sack?
Fields always folds in crunch time.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:23 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Great
Grade A
Brilliant
Truly special

Did he miss the strip sack?
Fields always folds in crunch time.

They're doing the same thing the Tyson Bagent people do! Exact same thing! Some goober with a pop-gun arm game-manages his way past the incompetent McDaniels Raiders and it's "move over Fields, this is what real quarterbacking looks like" and it is correctly identified as drivel. Then Fields had to pick up 35-40 yards, immediately coughs up the ball for a safety from the 25, and it's "Justin Fields forever changed the way we think about football and life today, the way he did a dance made us believe that life was finally worth living again, how dare everyone let him down like this."