It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
Spiegel is a blithering idiot and even the sport he supposedly knows in baseball he is terrible at. Parkinson is the Leury Garcia of sports radio and Mitch thought he was radio Jerry Krause and scouted him. He tries to be Nick Wright and Wright is horrible. What fans are they attracting with this drivel?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
They cater to the hate listening crowd. It is working. Thanks for your support.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
denisdman wrote:

Wrong. Haven't listened in months, but the clips on twitch during Bernstein and Holmes are terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Not670studio
$5000 Suit wrote:
Spiegel is a blithering idiot and even the sport he supposedly knows in baseball he is terrible at. Parkinson is the Leury Garcia of sports radio and Mitch thought he was radio Jerry Krause and scouted him. He tries to be Nick Wright and Wright is horrible. What fans are they attracting with this drivel?

This is exactly how I feel. Today's QB1 Town Hall disaster just further justified my decision to never listen to this station again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
$5000 Suit wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Wrong. Haven't listened in months, but the clips on twitch during Bernstein and Holmes are terrible.

It amazes me how the people that listen the least seem to know the most about the shows. And, they are the ones most offended by the content. In conclusion, you are listening.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
670isbad wrote:
$5000 Suit wrote:

This is exactly how I feel. Today's QB1 Town Hall disaster just further justified my decision to never listen to this station again.

I caught about 30 seconds of this before a phone call interrupted my ride home. It sounded like something that could have been very entertaining. I don’t know who they had there and how much they allowed to just happen. I like the fact that this show is willing to do stupid things to see what sticks. The rest of the shows need to stop bringing useless experts that actually know little to nothing and are boring as fuck.

They had a segment on before the superbowl when they rounded up a bunch of random, somewhat known people on the line and gave them like 30 seconds to give a prediction. It was the first time I’ve laughed at anything on that station in years.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I enjoyed Dan Hampton on The Score. He was the de facto cream-of-the-class, if you will.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
denisdman wrote:
$5000 Suit wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It amazes me how the people that listen the least seem to know the most about the shows. And, they are the ones most offended by the content. In conclusion, you are listening.

:lol: Yep. Same tune every day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:59 pm 

$5000 Suit wrote:

You should change your screen name to blithering idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Caller Bob wrote:
I enjoyed Dan Hampton on The Score. He was the de facto cream-of-the-class, if you will.

Hamp and Holmes would be on the Mt. Rushmore for worst show in the history of WSCR with The Bull and The Bear, The Mike North Morning Show and Bernstein and Goff would also be contenders.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Hamp and Holmes would be on the Mt. Rushmore for worst show in the history of WSCR with The Bull and The Bear, The Mike North Morning Show and Bernstein and Goff would also be contenders.

Plus the goat abortion of a show with Rick Telander.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bernstein & McKnight was a very tough listen.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:12 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Bernstein & McKnight was a very tough listen.

Very true.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:19 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah, the Bull and the Bear was problematic because neither one was suited to lead the show and it felt rudderless. It would have been fine in a weekend slot where expectations are lower. Also agree on the MNMS. It was an abomination. The period where Anne Maxfield was sentenced to the penalty box while they auditioned her potential replacements was excruciating for all involved. I remember Drinky awkwardly co-hosting for a week while Fred and Annie stewed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:36 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Don't forget Spiegel and Mannelly, the glorious moment at which every host in a major daypart had a college diploma.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Not670studio
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah, the Bull and the Bear was problematic because neither one was suited to lead the show and it felt rudderless. It would have been fine in a weekend slot where expectations are lower. Also agree on the MNMS. It was an abomination. The period where Anne Maxfield was sentenced to the penalty box while they auditioned her potential replacements was excruciating for all involved. I remember Drinky awkwardly co-hosting for a week while Fred and Annie stewed.

You clearly have much time to waste by listening to this drivel for years. My life changed for the better once I permanently pushed the effin button. Much more time to dedicate to better sports talk on satellite radio. It's clear from Bernstein's latest
resuscitation of Penn State talk that he hasn't learned anything. If I hear any of that next week I'm gonna vomit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: John's
This account has to be a bit ^

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
670isbad wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You clearly have much time to waste by listening to this drivel for years. My life changed for the better once I permanently pushed the effin button. Much more time to dedicate to better sports talk on satellite radio. It's clear from Bernstein's latest
resuscitation of Penn State talk that he hasn't learned anything. If I hear any of that next week I'm gonna vomit.

I am confused. If you previously "permanently pushed the effin button" how are you aware of recent Penn State talk and why are you concerned about what may or may not be discussed next week? Help me understand please.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:51 am 

a genius wrote:
670isbad wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I am confused. If you previously "permanently pushed the effin button" how are you aware of recent Penn State talk and why are you concerned about what may or may not be discussed next week? Help me understand please.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Curious Hair wrote:
Don't forget Spiegel and Mannelly, the glorious moment at which every host in a major daypart had a college diploma.

Senor celebrating that fact may have been the low point in WSCR history.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

All of the shows are painful to listen to. The issue with this one is everyone is incredibly unlikeable, but I guess I could say that about Bernstein and Holmes, Leila included. Mully and Haugh is trash radio as well but they remind me of next door neighbors that surface talk at you but have no substance because they don’t know anything.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:44 pm 

Mully and haugh is god fucking awful. More specifically, mully should be sodomized against his will.

Bernsie is the only bareable voice on that station. But he's been neutered so much I don't see the point in listening.

Fuck him anyways. He chose to be neutered.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:35 am 

Still remember when J. Hood went off on Telander, used to be the writers would come on and look down at everyone because they considered themselves to be so much smarter than the hosts and listeners, Hoody delivered one of the best verbal beatdowns in WSCR history, funny how you never hear that re-played.

Several of the shows cited were efforts to pair guy with Ex-Bears, cut the common denominators are Larry and Bernstein, not sure what type of goods those guys have on station management, but they both have quite a graveyard of ex-partners.

The Goff and Bernstein show devolved into the hosts telling people to stop listening, bet that went over great with advertisers, and the Bernstein and McKnight pairing was a painful listen as McKnight kept trying to out SJW Bernstein, a brutal show, but McKnight seems to have found his niche talking to the half dozen or so people listening to Sox pre/post.

Holmes...well Larry and Hampton as a bad matchup as you have a guy that want to talk only football and hold players accountable paired with the ultimate jock sniffer, do have to say that the Gordon Beckham stuff was deliciously awkward, Larry would say something like, "hey Gordon, you are 0 for 20 over the past week, what are you working in the batting cage", and Hamp would sit silently only joining the conversation to say hello and goodbye.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Caller Bob wrote:

Another dumbass take from the maga boomer asshat. You'd think you stop posting after I own you so much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
The real highlight of Hamp & Holmes was when Leery declared war on Bulls fans in the first-round series against the Celtics and would show up on Comcast SportsNet wearing head-to-toe Celtics gear and calling everyone else "clowns."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Clawmaster wrote:
Still remember when J. Hood went off on Telander, used to be the writers would come on and look down at everyone because they considered themselves to be so much smarter than the hosts and listeners, Hoody delivered one of the best verbal beatdowns in WSCR history, funny how you never hear that re-played.

Several of the shows cited were efforts to pair guy with Ex-Bears, cut the common denominators are Larry and Bernstein, not sure what type of goods those guys have on station management, but they both have quite a graveyard of ex-partners.

The Goff and Bernstein show devolved into the hosts telling people to stop listening, bet that went over great with advertisers, and the Bernstein and McKnight pairing was a painful listen as McKnight kept trying to out SJW Bernstein, a brutal show, but McKnight seems to have found his niche talking to the half dozen or so people listening to Sox pre/post.

Holmes...well Larry and Hampton as a bad matchup as you have a guy that want to talk only football and hold players accountable paired with the ultimate jock sniffer, do have to say that the Gordon Beckham stuff was deliciously awkward, Larry would say something like, "hey Gordon, you are 0 for 20 over the past week, what are you working in the batting cage", and Hamp would sit silently only joining the conversation to say hello and goodbye.

He also destroyed his career with that decision. He went from prime time to being essentially blackballed for 15 years. He was absolutely right; however, it would have been better for his career to bite his tongue. Anyone with ears knew Telander sucked. Hood was better than everyone except prime Bernstein. Being a big 6'4" black guy, who isn't always lovable, scared the powers that be.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:50 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:

I don’t remember the McKnight show as overly political, but maybe that’s because the Goff pairing was almost explicitly MSNBC sports talk.

I thought it was two guys trying to out-gay one another on stats.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

He also destroyed his career with that decision. He went from prime time to being essentially blackballed for 15 years. He was absolutely right; however, it would have been better for his career to bite his tongue. Anyone with ears knew Telander sucked. Hood was better than everyone except prime Bernstein. Being a big 6'4" black guy, who isn't always lovable, scared the powers that be.

Same reason Mike Vrabel couldn’t get a job this cycle.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I actually have come around on Hood. I don't mind him and Kap. Holmes has at best AP High School level thoughts but he presents them as if they were deep philosophical insights into sports. Now that I think about it he's like a radio clawmaster.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Will always respect him for calling out Telander, was out for a run that afternoon and almost had to stop because I was surprised that he was so honest.

Still enjoy him busting Kap for his wind socking on all things, one of the few guys that will give you honest takes.