It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 am 

I don't believe for a moment that Sparkins isn't gunning for something national - be it radio or some hot take jackass for ESPN or Fox Sports. He craves social media attention, would love going viral with one his trademark stupid takes on a national level.

I, for one, am all for it - move on, "graduate", to the national stage. I don't find him likeable at all - and that matters to me. Any sort of media you consume on a daily basis will lead to fatigue (and the resulting frustrations/criticisms) ... but when it's someone you like, I think that leash is longer. His clear disdain for listeners/callers wasn't a great start, now he's moved on to trying to cultivate some sort of "mob" culture (whilst still hating to take calls for the unwashed masses). It has been interesting to pop in and listen to the show, as the stress of real life (kids/family stuff) sounds like it has taken a toll on him...at least a few mph of off his (what he perceives to be) fastball.

This station has turned into a localized version of SNL -- every year/cast/lineup is "bad", what were they thinking, things used to be so much better etc etc. I'm not here to claim North hugging Jews and blacks is somehow superior to Sparkins hilariously recounting embarassing stories of ineptitude at home, but as has been stated here I simply don't hear a fundamental level of entertainment or fun or knowledge when he opens his mic....in fact, I contend that the show would absolutely fall apart without Tanny. HE is the reason the show is anywhere near listenable (something you can't say for the midday show). Meatpants and Shane? Well one continues to be the thinnest skin guy on radio and the other is still buying in to self laughter and screaming edgy things as "solid contributions from behind the glass". I've not kept up on ratings, or how the station in general is doing, but man if these guys are getting any sort of bonuses they should absolutely be redirecting a good portion to Tanny (and not in the form of regifted gift cards).