It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:29 pm 

After sifting through eight pages of posts on "what's missing" .. I thought it'd be a good idea to uncomplicate things for shakes and a few others who loathe some of what goes with "the Mac package."

1) Gambling. I will continue to talk about the point spread. Over/unders. Futures. The occasional baseball investment opportunity. I don't care who likes it and who doesn't. It's a sports show. Some of us bet on sports. Some who don't gamble still are curious about the line. Don't worry (I'm sure most of you don't) about whether I have "a gambling problem." It's irrelevant. If you absolutely can't stand any brief allusion to the point spread... punch the fucking button.

2) Rock 'n' roll. While music is a tiny, tiny part of the show... I will never apologize for having grown up when I did and liking the bands I did/do. "Bad music" as it was described makes me laugh. Yep... quite sure I'm the only one here who ever dug a Stones or a Zeppelin show/album. If it hurts you so goddamn deeply when I reference the Stones, put me under your thumb and punch the fucking button.

3) Coppock impersonation. WTF? I've been messing with Chet -- as well as Swirsky, Teinowitz, Santo, etc. -- for a long time. It's not incessant... but it surfaces occasionally. It likely will continue. You don't like it? PTFB.

4) Movies references. From "Cuckoo's Nest" to "Super Bad"... I like movies. I will quote them sometimes. Hate it? PTFB.

5) Grilling. God forbid a tale of a BBQ. Guess what? It's not going anywhere. Many of us enjoy eating and the hobby of food prep. It's part of the repertoire. You don't like it? PTFB.

Thanks for reading this. Have a swell weekend. No worries about a "nice Mac" returning Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Mac wrote: Thanks for reading this. Have a swell weekend. No worries about a "nice Mac" returning Monday

SAWBUCKS!

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I hope this one grows to 8 pages today too! :roll:

I want to hear Mac discuss Jimmy Page's bet(s) on the big football match of the weekend, and what sort of marinade he used for his steaks afterwards. Anything less will have me punching the fucking button.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:40 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I hope this one grows to 8 pages today too! :roll:

I want to hear Mac discuss Jimmy Page's bet(s) on the big football match of the weekend, and what sort of marinade he used for his steaks afterwards. Anything less will have me punching the fucking button.

You my friend are on your game today.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Punch the Fucking Button ... the shiny, candy-like button ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I was lucky enough to see one Stones show...Steel Wheels...1989....Alpine Valley. It was quite an experience. 8)

Nobody should ever apologai for the music that they love...their sports teams however, well just look at my avatar. :oops:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:54 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
I was lucky enough to see one Stones show...Steel Wheels...1989....Alpine Valley. It was quite an experience. 8)

Nobody should ever apologai for the music that they love...their sports teams however, well just look at my avatar. :oops:

Careful Jeff, you don't want Scorehead to start a thread about you being a degenerate that listens to good music...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:57 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Careful Jeff, you don't want Scorehead to start a thread about you being a degenerate that listens to good music...

I'm sure that a "fixed" comment is right around the corner. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Glad to see your rested up from your vacation Mackey. Christ some people come back after vacation in a good mood, nice and relaxed. Not Dan, he comes back with the same piss and vinegar he had before he left. I love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Glad to see your rested up from your vacation Mackey. Christ some people come back after vacation in a good mood, nice and relaxed. Not Dan, he comes back with the same piss and vinegar he had before he left. I love it.

Monday is going to be a must listen....

Can't wait..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I'd be curioius as to what you did take away from all this; what you thought of as solid criticism after 200 posts of free (albeit somewhat tainted) market research.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:07 pm 

Mac,

Looking at the latest ratings, I believe the problem is that too many people are already punching the fucking button.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:09 pm 

Don't you dare punch me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I'm going to push the button on any Mac threads after all of this.

Unfortunately, that's not a zing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:10 pm 

The new show wasn't in the spring book, Wanderer.
I'll get to that, Darkside, because there were several things listed I needed to hear. I've got pretty thick skin and am willing to listen to this free focus group, then act on it. I just get so tired of some of the nitpicking about stupid shit. Probably overreacted a bit... but that's what I do. Put that down as one of the things that won't change. Love all the button love here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Wanderer wrote:
Mac,

Looking at the latest ratings, I believe the problem is that too many people are already punching the fucking button.

Really? You think he's made a difference in 15 days of books? I gotta say you toss this book, and look at the next one for a better indication.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Mac wrote:
After sifting through eight pages of posts on "what's missing" .. I thought it'd be a good idea to uncomplicate things for shakes and a few others who loathe some of what goes with "the Mac package."

1) Gambling. I will continue to talk about the point spread. Over/unders. Futures. The occasional baseball investment opportunity. I don't care who likes it and who doesn't. It's a sports show. Some of us bet on sports. Some who don't gamble still are curious about the line. Don't worry (I'm sure most of you don't) about whether I have "a gambling problem." It's irrelevant. If you absolutely can't stand any brief allusion to the point spread... punch the fucking button.

2) Rock 'n' roll. While music is a tiny, tiny part of the show... I will never apologize for having grown up when I did and liking the bands I did/do. "Bad music" as it was described makes me laugh. Yep... quite sure I'm the only one here who ever dug a Stones or a Zeppelin show/album. If it hurts you so goddamn deeply when I reference the Stones, put me under your thumb and punch the fucking button.

3) Coppock impersonation. WTF? I've been messing with Chet -- as well as Swirsky, Teinowitz, Santo, etc. -- for a long time. It's not incessant... but it surfaces occasionally. It likely will continue. You don't like it? PTFB.

4) Movies references. From "Cuckoo's Nest" to "Super Bad"... I like movies. I will quote them sometimes. Hate it? PTFB.

5) Grilling. God forbid a tale of a BBQ. Guess what? It's not going anywhere. Many of us enjoy eating and the hobby of food prep. It's part of the repertoire. You don't like it? PTFB.

Thanks for reading this. Have a swell weekend. No worries about a "nice Mac" returning Monday.

I highlighted the funny parts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:16 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Mac,

Really? You think he's made a difference in 15 days of books? I gotta say you toss this book, and look at the next one for a better indication.

I'm fighting too many battles with "ratings book" idiots already Darkside or I would jump on this one as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:18 pm 

shakes wrote:
Mac wrote:

I highlighted the funny parts.

Just can't stay away can you???

It's almost comical with you guys - I hate this show, I hate Mac, I hate spiegs, etc - but here you are trolling away in the Danny Mac thread.

LOL - you guys are cartoon characters..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:

I was at that concert....the opening act, Living Colour, was the better than the man attraction.

Nothing wrong with liking music. Hey mac, maybe you can have a new segment where you read out entire versus from classic rock song lyrics since you already do it every show anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:21 pm 

Not only did the new Danny Mac show not hold Murph's audience but without Murph's lead in, B&B have fallen out of the top 20.

What changed about the show in July so that we should expect something different? Bruce Wolf being on in the AM?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
DegenerateDave wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

I hate the Stones.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:22 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Just can't stay away can you???

It's almost comical with you guys - I hate this show, I hate Mac, I hate spiegs, etc - but here you are trolling away in the Danny Mac thread.

LOL - you guys are cartoon characters..

Right, so according to you if you have a complaint about something you aren't allowed to voice it on a message board dedicated to the topic.

Seriously, you might be one of the biggest internet morons I've ever run into. You know that right? You have to know you're an idiot or are you so stupid that the ignorance has become blissful?

And unlike some, I was even willing to let the poor spelling slide since its a message board.

Last edited by shakes on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Wanderer wrote:
Not only did the new Danny Mac show not hold Murph's audience

I can think of worse things...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac wrote:
The new show wasn't in the spring book, Wanderer.
I'll get to that, Darkside, because there were several things listed I needed to hear. I've got pretty thick skin and am willing to listen to this free focus group, then act on it. I just get so tired of some of the nitpicking about stupid shit. Probably overreacted a bit... but that's what I do. Put that down as one of the things that won't change. Love all the button love here.

Mac, I'm sure that you read a number of posts here and must have a pretty good idea what the feedback has been regarading Spiegel & the show.
How long can you continue to carry this lightweight? He is dragging you down big time.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
shakes wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

I was at that concert....the opening act, Living Colour, was the better than the man attraction.

This was too good to pass up, and for that, I apologize for NOTHING!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:34 pm 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
shakes wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

This was too good to pass up, and for that, I apologize for NOTHING!

Must've been a freudian slip after witnessing the odd reaction DegenerateDave has had to all the mac criticism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next