It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: ElmhurstSteve
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Phil McCracken wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
But there is no doubt about the fact that I have an ego and it's a sizeable ego at that. I do think that I am smarter and more insightful than the average fan and thats why doing the radio show really appealed to me.

Oh God....This is too good. I usually agree with Steve and even like the give and take between him and Frank usually but if he actually believes all of this than I do not possibly know what to say. Except that this thread should be moved to DB of the week.

fuck that! this thread should be in the hall of fame section :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about buying some air time on the Score. You will have to help me sell advertising but I will pay you if we ever make any money. Anyone interested?

I don't see how this could fail. I googled the name Boilermaker Rick and it came back clean. I gotta tell ya this is a great business opportunity that couldn't possibly fail yous guys.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
hawkeye wrote:
Man, I wrote and submitted my post about 30 seconds too late. Wow Steve do you really think that? I hope these responses are just the result of a bruised ego from this thread but wow.

I don't know to what you are referring???? I have no bruises to my ego as nothing contained in this thread has bothered me 1 bit. I just defended what it was that I stated on the radio and how it was not just things that everyone already knew...did you know that Carpenter, Wainwright and Piniero had combined to help the Cards win 21 of their last 24 combined starts??? Did you know that Holliday has batted .480 since being aquired by the redbirds?? Lugo as a leadoff hitter has been outstanding too, since the Cardinals aquisition of him. It's not just a call saying I think the Cardinals are playing well and likely to beat the Cubs. That would be a waste of time. Those who choose to ignore the pertinent facts/stats contained in the call, are just missing the points made.

Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about buying some air time on the Score. You will have to help me sell advertising but I will pay you if we ever make any money. Anyone interested?

Can I brand the name Darkside?

Sure. You may want to send Mac an email though saying that you need his advice about it though. Then, when Mac says you shouldn't you should still think he thinks you are a "hall of fame" kind of guy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
hawkeye wrote:
Man, I wrote and submitted my post about 30 seconds too late. Wow Steve do you really think that? I hope these responses are just the result of a bruised ego from this thread but wow.

I don't know to what you are referring???? I have no bruises to my ego as nothing contained in this thread has bothered me 1 bit. I just defended what it was that I stated on the radio and how it was not just things that everyone already knew...did you know that Carpenter, Wainwright and Piniero had combined to help the Cards win 21 of their last 24 combined starts??? Did you know that Holliday has batted .480 since being aquired by the redbirds?? Lugo as a leadoff hitter has been outstanding too, since the Cardinals aquisition of him. It's not just a call saying I think the Cardinals are playing well and likely to beat the Cubs. That would be a waste of time. Those who choose to ignore the pertinent facts/stats contained in the call, are just missing the points made.

I'm referring to the post I made earlier in this thread saying I thought you were a decent caller. That was before you started posting how incredibly amazing, popular, insightful, and important you think you are. Bad form.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hey guys,

Sure. You may want to send Mac an email though saying that you need his advice about it though. Then, when Mac says you shouldn't you should still think he thinks you are a "hall of fame" kind of guy.

But First, Mac would tell Darkside "I thought I told you to push the fucking button?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:44 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
"Elmhurst Steve", is a branded name.

You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Yes I am
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
People all around Chicagoland know who I am and it's gotten me a fair number of complimentary beers at bars after softball games when one of my buddies mentions that I am Elmhurst Steve.

Wow! Free drinks! I have gotten free drinks at a bar before for wearing a Purdue shirt and the bartender liked it. Is Boilermaker Rick now a "branded name"?

Only in that you are branded as an idiot. :wink:

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I can't go into a sports bar without some of the people inside knowing who Elmhurst Steve is.

But your buddy has to tell everyone who you are?

Dipshit-a couple of them CHOOSE to point it out from time to time. How the hell would anyone know by sight, who Elmhurst Steve is? Duhhhh.....But once they talk to me for a bit, they recognize the voice.

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
But while he was going to put up the money for the airtime, I would only be paid from advertizing dollars we would both be responsible for selling. I didn't care to undertake those duties with him, as I already have a business to run. I had talked to Mac and a couple others from ESPN and the Score for their opinions on it. I finally concluded that it might be fun, but it was not likely to be worthwhile. But there is no doubt about the fact that I have an ego and it's a sizeable ego at that.

So he wanted you to work for free but you may get some money for the advertising? Awesome, maybe I'll get together with a few board members, think about buying some air time, not do it, and then we can all think we are celebrities.

No he wanted me to work for the money we could get from advertizing dollars we would both have to sell time for. I did not want to have to do that, so I declined.

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I do think that I am smarter and more insightful than the average fan and thats why doing the radio show really appealed to me.

No, you aren't. Your Sox posts are embarrassing most of the time. Your Cubs posts are full of holes and just how off base you are has been pointed out multiple times.

"End the wait in 2008!"

It was a great, catchy line and the team won 97 games and repeated as divisional champs...a great season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hey guys,

He didn't tell me I shouldn't. He just told me what to expect if I decided to give it a whirl.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:47 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

Thanks statbot!

I'm looking for advice on how to become a "hall of fame" caller. After all, I really wish that I was you. I need to turn this jealousy into something positive.

Would you recommend this strategy to become a hall of fame caller?

1) Pick a sports team to talk about.
2) Go to baseball-reference.com and search for statistics no one cares about, that lead to an obvious conclusion.
3) Write them down so I can read them on the radio
4) Call up, make obvious statement
5) Back it up with "facts"
6) Say obvious statement again.
7) Celebrate my celebrity and the free drinks I may get when my friend says "This is Boilermaker Rick".

Steve, you used a few random statistics to make the case that the Cardinals are good, are likely going to beat the Cubs, and may win the World Series. Not exactly a mind blowing conclusion there right?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Yes I do. As Mac pointed out to me recently-"Elmhurst Steve", is a branded name. I feel they need to get it right. People all around Chicagoland know who I am and it's gotten me a fair number of complimentary beers at bars after softball games when one of my buddies mentions that I am Elmhurst Steve. I can't go into a sports bar without some of the people inside knowing who Elmhurst Steve is. I have gotten invitations over the years to many Score and ESPN events and guest hosted years ago, all because the people at those stations value what I bring to their airwaves. I had an offer a year ago from a guy who wanted me to do a weekend sports talk show on the radio with him, just because he liked what I brought to the air on my calls. But while he was going to put up the money for the airtime, I would only be paid from advertizing dollars we would both be responsible for selling. I didn't care to undertake those duties with him, as I already have a business to run. I had talked to Mac and a couple others from ESPN and the Score for their opinions on it. I finally concluded that it might be fun, but it was not likely to be worthwhile. But there is no doubt about the fact that I have an ego and it's a sizeable ego at that. I do think that I am smarter and more insightful than the average fan and thats why doing the radio show really appealed to me.

Its all clear now. Elmhurst Steve was asked to join the amazing Chicago Sports Webio. Without him they couldn't make it. Elmhurst Steve is the Webio's missing link.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
But First, Mac would tell Darkside "I thought I told you to push the fucking button?"

And then he'd tell him and his moniker to go fuck himself. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Steve, you used a few random statistics to make the case that the Cardinals are good, are likely going to beat the Cubs, and may win the World Series. Not exactly a mind blowing conclusion there right?

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I do think that I am smarter and more insightful than the average fan and thats why doing the radio show really appealed to me.
[/quote]

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:57 pm 

It took his dumb ass until Aug 18 and the cubs being 6 games back to finally figure out the Cardinals are a good team?? Too bad that radio gig didn't work out, that would have made for some GREAT radio. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:58 pm 

I can't stay to continue this, as I have to go to meet my in-laws and wife for dinner. But it's amazing that in just 5 hours there have been 72 posts here already and probably half of those in the last hour, since I responded to the original post to defend my call. I know that I am a lightning rod to many here, as I am so critical of the White Sux and I invite the backlash. But I don't mind it at all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Phil McCracken wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I'm dumber and provide less insight than the average person. I don't know how or why I have a radio show. :? :cheese: :oops: :clown:
(shameless shilling of shit-The Sports Huddle & Stuff on WIIT 88.9 FM..Most Tuesdays at 11am)

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Someone hijacked Steve's CSFMB account. This can't be real.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
This is the greatest thread in the history of this board. Steve, is it hard to perform fellatio on yourself while typing? Putting aside the majority of your statements in this thread, my favorite has got to be that when you walk into a bar, people know you and know you are in the bar. How the fuck is that? Unless you walk around and have the following conversations:

Bartender: Hey buddy, what can I get you?

Steve: I'm Elmhurst Steve, inagural member of the Radio Caller H.O.F.

B: Thats great, what can I get you?

S: I get preferential treatment when I call into radio shows because I am so good on the phone.

B: Seriously buddy, can I get you something?

S: I was offered a job on the radio based off calling into a few shows, and by the way I have a huge ego. Now who here wants to buy my a drink? Feel free to tell me how my calls have changed your life and shown you a better way.

Now unless that conversation happens in every bar, no one knows you. No one cares about you, and if you think for a moment that you are a H.O.F member of any kind, you are completely delusional. I may need to hand you my fantasy nickname of Mr. Awesome because you clearly are so much cooler and more important than I ever realized.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

I won't begrudge Steve's 15 minutes of fame is his own mind but some of you who went to remotes back in the day can attest that some of these guys thought they were bigger than the shows themselfs. I don't remember Steve walking around with his name on the back of his satin jacket as did "Saluki Jack" or that Goof "Cleveland Mike" wearing a Sweatshirt with his moniker on it but who knows before you know it the village of Elmhurst might have a sign welcoming visitors that reads "Welcome to Elmhurst, home of HOF caller "Elmhurst Steve".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wow...how can a thread be so full of fail, yet so full of win, at the same time?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:33 pm 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
I won't begrudge Steve's 15 minutes of fame is his own mind but some of you who went to remotes back in the day can attest that some of these guys thought they were bigger than the shows themselfs. I don't remember Steve walking around with his name on the back of his satin jacket as did "Saluki Jack" or that Goof "Cleveland Mike" wearing a Sweatshirt with his moniker on it but who knows before you know it the village of Elmhurst might have a sign welcoming visitors that reads "Welcome to Elmhurst, home of HOF caller "Elmhurst Steve".

The sign would also have a picture of his ass. He said that's his best quality....even better than the quality of his calls. I think Mac still wants to see it. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It would be like me bragging to my friends that I'm a well known poster on this site.

I would totally do this if I had any friends.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:10 pm 

Celebrity sighting!
http://www.myspace.com/Elmhurststeve

Before anyone complains, it was a public profile and he posted on an MJH myspace page.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Wow, I can't believe Kenny Chesney is friends with Steve.

I wonder how Kenny knows him?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Celebrity sighting!
http://www.myspace.com/Elmhurststeve

Before anyone complains, it was a public profile and he posted on an MJH myspace page.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that there might also be someone who likes the Eagles on there somewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I love the CSFMB.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

The sign would also have a picture of his ass. He said that's his best quality....even better than the quality of his calls. I think Mac still wants to see it. :wink:

If that My Space thing is legit and this CUB FAN says his best feature is his ass.....who can argue.
It sure as shit isn't anything between his ears.
Is this Marla Collins after a sex change????

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:43 pm 

i knew elmhurst steve was awesome *before* it was cool to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Exclamation Moint wrote:
Shoulda acted on cementing that brand equity b/c I now own http://www.ElmhurstSteve.com. You probably dont want to click that link....

HOLY. SHIT.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:52 pm 

Now if that wasn't a reverse psychology tease, I don't know what is. :shock: :shock: :shock: 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Way to go Exclamation Moint. Now GoDaddy is flooded with requests for www.JohnKirk.com.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next