It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: ElmhurstSteve
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Why would anyone be jealous of someone who calls into radio shows? :scratch: Am I missing something?

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Now I know there are a lot of jealous people here that want to downplay my contributions to the local radio stations, but there is a reason I am referred to as one of the most thoughtful callers on the station, a hall of fame caller, etc....

:lol:

When meeting people, do you introduce yourself as Elmhurst Steve?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Now I know there are a lot of jealous people here that want to downplay my contributions to the local radio stations, but there is a reason I am referred to as one of the most thoughtful callers on the station, a hall of fame caller, etc...I have a thought, I generally have stats, trends, etc. to back up my theories or opinions and I can articulate those things well. Boilermaker, you obviously resent my notoriety. Why I don't know and I don't care. You are insignificant.

I'm sure your call was fine but this was hilarious! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
tommyp1 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Now I know there are a lot of jealous people here that want to downplay my contributions to the local radio stations, but there is a reason I am referred to as one of the most thoughtful callers on the station, a hall of fame caller, etc....

I'm pretty sure that the Elmhurst water tower has a picture of Steve on it.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:36 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Now I know there are a lot of jealous people here that want to downplay my contributions to the local radio stations, but there is a reason I am referred to as one of the most thoughtful callers on the station, a hall of fame caller, etc...I have a thought, I generally have stats, trends, etc. to back up my theories or opinions and I can articulate those things well. Boilermaker, you obviously resent my notoriety. Why I don't know and I don't care. You are insignificant.

I can't say for sure that I've ever heard one of Elmhurst Steve's calls on the radio, but if they're anything like this, it's radio gold... F*&^n hilarious!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
His calls never have anything but a few facts randomly thrown together with no real point.

Here's an idea Steve. Next time, wait until you actually have an new or unique thought before picking up that phone.

The Cardinals are probably going to win the division and they may win the World Series isn't exactly ground breaking stuff.

Stick to flip flopping on moves Jim Hendry has made(Derosa, Bradley).

Listening is a skill...one you have obviously not aquired. Mac had asked Cub fans if we had lost faith in the Cubs to win the Central in 2009 and asked for callers to respond to his question. I called to say that I had lost faith in this team's ability to win their division in 2009, based not only on the current state of the Cubs, but because of how the Cardinals had bolstered their club, with the additions of DeRosa, Julio Lugo-who has done a great job as their leadoff man since aquired and Matt Holliday who is batting .480 since he was aquired by the Cardinals. Further, it's not just their offense, but the fact that their top 3 pitchers, Carpenter, Wainwright and Piiero have combined to help the Cards to 21 wins in the last 24 games that trio has started. A team with 3 pitchers going that well has the ability to not just hang onto thir 6 game division lead, but I believe as currently constructed, they can win the 2009 World Series.

Why would Rick be so upset if you were unfavorably known?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Exclamation Moint wrote:
Wow, that was a *thoughtful* (Macs adjective) call at 12:26 from ElmhurstSteve. Thanks for going on for 2 min. about how the Cardinals are good and better since they got Matt Holliday and their pitching has been hot.
Thats not at all self-evident to anyone who knows that its 90 feet between the bases.

You seem like a reasonably nice guy from your posts ElmhurstSteve but you waited on hold to say that?

I was on hold all of 2 minutes. This is going to sound boastful, but it's just fact....if you are a good caller, they take you ahead of other calls and don't make you wait.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker, you obviously resent my notoriety. Why I don't know and I don't care. You are insignificant.

This just made my day! You honestly think you are some sort of celebrity or someone of importance in sports radio don't you? You think that Mac actually finds you anything more than a groupie? A hanger on? Someone who clearly seeks out his attention and throws praise at him? You seek out his attention. You actually emailed him unprovoked about a bet with Frank Coztansa.

I could waste my time making bad phone calls to radio shows too. I'm sure if I called every day someone would eventually put me on the radio. If I did it long enough, I may even be considered a "hall of fame" caller. What exactly would it get me? Would I be able to convince myself that I am "significant" because a bunch of people heard my thoughts and then forgot about them because they were unremarkable?

You have no notoriety. No one knows who you are. You are a guy, with a phone, who chooses to call a radio station more often than he should. You also are someone who chooses to make an ass of himself on a sports message board. You are the message board equivalent of the Cubs victory flag. After the Cubs win, you show up and become visible. You stay around until the Cubs lose and then you are nothing but a memory.

I know that I'm a nobody in Chicago sports. You somehow have convinced yourself that you are someone because of some comment that Mac made one time. Trust me Steve, I could be you if I wanted. I choose not to because it doesn't interest me. Next time I respond to one of your posts, respond instead of hiding from someone calling out your dumbass post. I'll even give you a link.
http://www.score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=577780#p577780
Or you can answer how many games the White Sox will finish out of the division race since it's a "race between the Twins and Tigers".

Resent your notoriety? How can you resent something that doesn't exist? I don't resent unicorns, king kong, or compassionate conservatives either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
You're a bigger moondick than I thought if you're buying your own fertilizer, Steve. Open the windows when you paint, you're sniffing too many fumes, I think.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
tommyp1 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

But he does correct B and B when he's introduced as "Steve from Elmhurst".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:55 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Exclamation Moint wrote:
Wow, that was a *thoughtful* (Macs adjective) call at 12:26 from ElmhurstSteve. Thanks for going on for 2 min. about how the Cardinals are good and better since they got Matt Holliday and their pitching has been hot.
Thats not at all self-evident to anyone who knows that its 90 feet between the bases.

You seem like a reasonably nice guy from your posts ElmhurstSteve but you waited on hold to say that?

I was on hold all of 2 minutes. This is going to sound boastful, but it's just fact....if you are a good caller, they take you ahead of other calls and don't make you wait.

What this guy said on the set of Terminator-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ this thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Are you going to have Micah Hoffpauir induct you into this Radio HOF that Mac says your apart of?

Are you already in? Whats your statue like? Will I be able to point it out right away from all the other HOF callers? How do I tell which one is yours? Where is this HOF at? And yes Steve I asked my wife if I could post this and she said you sound like a big douchebag that thinks too much of himself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Steve's kids were the ones calling in all these years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza

Elmhurst Steve

cordially invites you to his induction

into the

National Radio Hall of Fame

and a dinner gathering afterwards at

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria on Park in Elmhurst

The favor of a reply is requested

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:14 pm 

jackref wrote:
Why would anyone be jealous of someone who calls into radio shows? :scratch: Am I missing something?

The better question is why would anyone boast they call radio shows?

It would be like me bragging to my friends that I'm a well known poster on this site.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Darkside wrote:
You're a bigger moondick than I thought if you're buying your own fertilizer, Steve. Open the windows when you paint, you're sniffing too many fumes, I think.

Had to look this one up on urban dictionary. I thought it might be in reference to his pasty white penile unit. CSFMB is great for expanding vocabulary.

1. Moon Dick
A phallis plagued with deep craters from impacts with excessively abrasive vaginals. Also used as a derogatory term in Wisconsin.
Kyle: Boy, that was rough last night. I think I have moon dick.
Taylor: Why are you telling me?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
jackref wrote:

It would be like me bragging to my friends that I'm a well known poster on this site.

Ooooppss! You just gave about a dozen guys and at least one girl a real shot to the groin.

What? You mean its not a big deal to be a well known poster on this board? :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:18 pm 

No no, more like this one:

1. a person having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.
"Wow, did you see Jimmy this morning? Instead of brushing his teeth, he smoked a menthol. What a moondick!"

Last edited by Darkside on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Brian's Mojito wrote:
tommyp1 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Yes I do. As Mac pointed out to me recently-"Elmhurst Steve", is a branded name. I feel they need to get it right. People all around Chicagoland know who I am and it's gotten me a fair number of complimentary beers at bars after softball games when one of my buddies mentions that I am Elmhurst Steve. I can't go into a sports bar without some of the people inside knowing who Elmhurst Steve is. I have gotten invitations over the years to many Score and ESPN events and guest hosted years ago, all because the people at those stations value what I bring to their airwaves. I had an offer a year ago from a guy who wanted me to do a weekend sports talk show on the radio with him, just because he liked what I brought to the air on my calls. But while he was going to put up the money for the airtime, I would only be paid from advertizing dollars we would both be responsible for selling. I didn't care to undertake those duties with him, as I already have a business to run. I had talked to Mac and a couple others from ESPN and the Score for their opinions on it. I finally concluded that it might be fun, but it was not likely to be worthwhile. But there is no doubt about the fact that I have an ego and it's a sizeable ego at that. I do think that I am smarter and more insightful than the average fan and thats why doing the radio show really appealed to me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Man, I wrote and submitted my post about 30 seconds too late. Wow Steve do you really think that? I hope these responses are just the result of a bruised ego from this thread but wow.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
jackref wrote:

Well if you call into Mac's show long enough he then asks you to host a show with him. Reason enough I would guess.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:25 pm 

Steve, here's a chance to go all STU and claim that a thread about YOU is already 3 pages long, soon to be four or more and you have 30 PM's from Jesus, Mac, and the other members of your fanclub that want to say fuck you (on webcam) to your detractors.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:29 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
"Elmhurst Steve", is a branded name.

You are the gift that keeps on giving.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
People all around Chicagoland know who I am and it's gotten me a fair number of complimentary beers at bars after softball games when one of my buddies mentions that I am Elmhurst Steve.

Wow! Free drinks! I have gotten free drinks at a bar before for wearing a Purdue shirt and the bartender liked it. Is Boilermaker Rick now a "branded name"?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I can't go into a sports bar without some of the people inside knowing who Elmhurst Steve is.

But your buddy has to tell everyone who you are?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
But while he was going to put up the money for the airtime, I would only be paid from advertizing dollars we would both be responsible for selling. I didn't care to undertake those duties with him, as I already have a business to run. I had talked to Mac and a couple others from ESPN and the Score for their opinions on it. I finally concluded that it might be fun, but it was not likely to be worthwhile. But there is no doubt about the fact that I have an ego and it's a sizeable ego at that.

So he wanted you to work for free but you may get some money for the advertising? Awesome, maybe I'll get together with a few board members, think about buying some air time, not do it, and then we can all think we are celebrities.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I do think that I am smarter and more insightful than the average fan and thats why doing the radio show really appealed to me.

No, you aren't. Your Sox posts are embarrassing most of the time. Your Cubs posts are full of holes and just how off base you are has been pointed out multiple times.

"End the wait in 2008!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Darkside wrote:
No no, more like this one:

1. a person having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.
"Wow, did you see Jimmy this morning? Instead of brushing his teeth, he smoked a menthol. What a moondick!"

Excellent. That definition is easier to work into a sentence.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:30 pm 

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about buying some air time on the Score. You will have to help me sell advertising but I will pay you if we ever make any money. Anyone interested?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:31 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:
tommyp1 wrote:

Yes I do. As Mac pointed out to me recently-"Elmhurst Steve", is a branded name. I feel they need to get it right. People all around Chicagoland know who I am and it's gotten me a fair number of complimentary beers at bars after softball games when one of my buddies mentions that I am Elmhurst Steve. I can't go into a sports bar without some of the people inside knowing who Elmhurst Steve is. I have gotten invitations over the years to many Score and ESPN events and guest hosted years ago, all because the people at those stations value what I bring to their airwaves. I had an offer a year ago from a guy who wanted me to do a weekend sports talk show on the radio with him, just because he liked what I brought to the air on my calls. But while he was going to put up the money for the airtime, I would only be paid from advertizing dollars we would both be responsible for selling. I didn't care to undertake those duties with him, as I already have a business to run. I had talked to Mac and a couple others from ESPN and the Score for their opinions on it. I finally concluded that it might be fun, but it was not likely to be worthwhile. But there is no doubt about the fact that I have an ego and it's a sizeable ego at that. I do think that I am smarter and more insightful than the average fan and thats why doing the radio show really appealed to me.

Well, I at least respect your honesty here Steve. It does come off a tad douchey though. Everybody needs things in their life to make them feel good and I suppose this works for you....nothing wrong with that. The "I'm better than everybody else" thing doesn't play too well though with most people.
Elmhurst Steve > Degenerate Dave > This Board. :wink:

By the way, I was right....look at me! I predicted it!
Cubs on the decline in 2009 :P

Last edited by Eaglo Jeff on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
But there is no doubt about the fact that I have an ego and it's a sizeable ego at that. I do think that I am smarter and more insightful than the average fan and thats why doing the radio show really appealed to me.

Oh God....This is too good. I usually agree with Steve and even like the give and take between him and Frank usually but if he actually believes all of this than I do not possibly know what to say. Except that this thread should be moved to DB of the week.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:32 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about buying some air time on the Score. You will have to help me sell advertising but I will pay you if we ever make any money. Anyone interested?

Can I brand the name Darkside?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next