It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: too much hockey ticket
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
TWO segments on hockey? PTFB.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
For sure! I'm dying to hear more about Tiger Woods or the Bears!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
and I want to hear insight on the hot mess crapfest that is the Bulls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It surely beats hearing about these 10 supposed women who claim to have had flings at one time with Tiger Woods...Besides, I'm taking their claims with a grain of salt. I don't believe a word of it and I have credibility issues with these women to boot...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:50 pm 

Hockey talk isn't going away. I know it's not for everyone.... but it's for some of us. And as some have suggested... how many different ways can one say the Bears suck? How much Bulls is enough? The Blackhawks are the best thing going. If you're not on board, I understand. PTFB, then come back in 15 minutes. I won't apologize, however, for being a Blackhawks fan.... going to many games.... talking with players and coaches, both at the UC and on the show. Can't do it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Mac wrote:
Hockey talk isn't going away. I know it's not for everyone.... but it's for some of us. And as some have suggested... how many different ways can one say the Bears suck? How much Bulls is enough? The Blackhawks are the best thing going. If you're not on board, I understand. PTFB, then come back in 15 minutes. I won't apologize, however, for being a Blackhawks fan.... going to many games.... talking with players and coaches, both at the UC and on the show. Can't do it.

I'm hoping the MPH line can kick it in high gear this year! Martin needs to keep feeding Dennis Hull & Jimmy Pappin the puck and good things will happen!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
i must have missed the bulls talk. and the reports from winter meetings? steve dahl has a podcast i can listen to during the hawks talk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mac wrote:

So is it safe to say you have "kiss my ass" ticket?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
OKC, this was better 2 weeks ago...

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
doug - evergreen park wrote:
OKC, this was better never...

:wink:

Fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I enjoyed the interview with Coach Q today...twice, even as a hockey novice. Anybody else notice that Joel said "enthusiums" instead of "enthusiasms"? I like how he pronounced Huet, "Huey". Didn't get much else out of it, except that we can rest assured that Joel doesn't want to be the next coach of the Bears. :wink:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Spmack and Dug, y'all are gonna make me leave the board. :(

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Positano's Pizza
Mac wrote:

It's a Danny Mac world, we're just living in it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:24 pm 

West46thStreet wrote:
Mac wrote:

How did you get into Mac's basement? I expect to see a well-tanned West46thStreet at the next event. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:31 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
West46thStreet wrote:
Mac wrote:

How did you get into Mac's basement? I expect to see a well-tanned West46thStreet at the next event. :wink:

I have what's known in the business as a year round tan CHICAGO!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 pm 

West46thStreet wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
West46thStreet wrote:

I have what's known in the business as a year round tan CHICAGO!

:lol: I had a feeling about that. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Talk hockey. Thank you. This is what I was waiting for.
HAWKY TAWK!
Can't get that on the Mouse!
OKC, you just don't know.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:52 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Talk hockey. Thank you. This is what I was waiting for.
HAWKY TAWK!
Can't get that on the Mouse!
OKC, you just don't know.

OKC, embrace your hockey loving roots. I for one, support Scott Gomez in all aspects.

http://www.blackhistorysociety.ca/Black%20Hockey%20Timelines_Tbl.htm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Hatchetman wrote:
i must have missed the bulls talk. and the reports from winter meetings? steve dahl has a podcast i can listen to during the hawks talk.

HERE IS SOME BULLS TALK.....THEY SUCK.
HERE IS SOME WINTER MEETINGS TALK...THE SOX ARE STUCK WITH A STIFF LIKE RIOS, BUT THEY SIGNED BROOKS TEAHEN...

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Now's the time to "Commit to the Indian", especially considering the Bears are bad and the Bulls/local NCAA Basketball scene won't be much better this winter...They're this city's best chance of a Championship in the forseeable future, and I'll be out there AGAIN tomorrow night. The Rangers are here for their only visit of the regular season and I'm there. Fans, what are you waiting for?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

When Mac starts having players from the Blue Jackets, Red Wings , Blues or Canucks on then you can bitch but these kids are the hottest ticket in town and as a consumer of sportsradio in this town since it's inception it's finally getting it's just due.

You know it's hit mainstream when Boers and Bernstein have Jonathon Towes as a guest on their show today. Wonder if Bernstein brought up his fighting argument to the young Captain?

Keep it coming Macker and if the Hawks do win the cup I'll take down those Red Wings jersey's you were bitching about on Sunday. :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Slap Shot ED wrote:
When Mac starts having players from the Blue Jackets, Red Wings , Blues or Canucks on then you can bitch but these kids are the hottest ticket in town and as a consumer of sportsradio in this town since it's inception it's finally getting it's just due.

You know it's hit mainstream when Boers and Bernstein have Jonathon Towes as a guest on their show today. Wonder if Bernstein brought up his fighting argument to the young Captain?

Keep it coming Macker and if the Hawks do win the cup I'll take down those Red Wings jersey's you were bitching about on Sunday. :wink: :lol:

As long as everything else sucks (Bears and Bulls) The Macker is untethered.

Still waiting for my next invite to SlappyLand! Especially now that I know Spiegs is driving out to Twisterville! and I bring quailyt product!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:05 pm 

MAC.

Today, you were dead wrong. The 1990s were a Bulls town because they deserved every minute of it. First, they had arguably the greatest player the NBA has ever seen as well as one of the most dominant athletes of any sport, in the ranks of Pele, Gretzky and Ruth. The Blackhawks have maybe two regulars from that era who will end up in the hall of fame. Second, when the NHL was actually spending on marketing with Nike, the Blackhawks were nowhere to be seen. The NHL moved to ESPN and the hawks started to unload their star players.

Would I like to see hockey get more recognition? Sure. But until the middle of last season, I dont think it deserved any attention. But to say that they should get more recognition because other sports are being marketed better? Or that it deserved more recognition when they didnt even win a championship in the 90s while the Bulls won 6?

The Blackhawks need to win back people the hard way. They need to invest in the team, which they have done the past three years giving contracts to Khabi, Keith, Campbell, Toews and Kane. They need to market their players with advertisements and promotions. They need players out in the public eye. Most of all, they need to win the Cup at least once, but at least a few times, to make them be the top ticket in this town. That is how they will get top billing over the other sports.

I enjoy the passion and all man, but just let it play out with a confident swagger rather than do the whole rolling meatball act.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:13 pm 

+1, Puckhead.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosangelas
I don't even think that 2 segments are enough. With a successful team and new fans coming on board everyday why not talk more pucks. I PTFB when the Bulls talk comes on, and I am sick of being reminded how bad he Bears suck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:08 pm 

You really think it was a Bulls town, Puckhead? I thought it was more of a "Jordan/NBA Champion" town. I'm old enough to remember when the Bulls were a non-story. The franchise born in '66-'67 didn't get good until '74-'75 so I can recall the Blackhawks mattering more than the Bulls. Bulls town in the '90s?.... not convinced it changed, other than the MJ/titles crave.

And you gotta take the bad with the good with the Mackage. If my disdain for lack of Hawks attention in the early '90s brings out the feeling-like-a-red-headed-stepchild in me... I'm just being honest. Not trying to make this a sibling rivalry thing like Cubs-Sox is.... I'm just not shy about admitting that I'm a Hawks fan who wouldn't lose sleep over an 0-82 Bulls team. Meatball? Whatever. Full disclosure exposes the meatball in EVERYBODY.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Mac wrote:
If my disdain for lack of Hawks attention in the early '90s brings out the feeling-like-a-red-neck in me... I'm just being honest.

Fixed for you, Mac. With Love :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:22 pm 

Touch em all, spmack. Now... gotta get back to my Charlie Daniels CD.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I like the hockey talk. As others said, they're the story currently. They're also the only team playing that's worth a shit. I think the DMS has been really good as of late.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:44 pm 

Mac wrote:
You really think it was a Bulls town, Puckhead? I thought it was more of a "Jordan/NBA Champion" town. I'm old enough to remember when the Bulls were a non-story. The franchise born in '66-'67 didn't get good until '74-'75 so I can recall the Blackhawks mattering more than the Bulls. Bulls town in the '90s?.... not convinced it changed, other than the MJ/titles crave.

And you gotta take the bad with the good with the Mackage. If my disdain for lack of Hawks attention in the early '90s brings out the feeling-like-a-red-headed-stepchild in me... I'm just being honest. Not trying to make this a sibling rivalry thing like Cubs-Sox is.... I'm just not shy about admitting that I'm a Hawks fan who wouldn't lose sleep over an 0-82 Bulls team. Meatball? Whatever. Full disclosure exposes the meatball in EVERYBODY.

I was but a mere 13 years old in 1990 and have drank a lot of alcohol since then, but I remember a few things :D One example. How about Rodman-mania? People were dying their hair along with him. His jersey was everywhere. I remember Jordan almost taking a back seat in popularity for a few years.

Yes, you cannot deny a lot of the Bulls fervor was driven by Jordan, but Jordan made the Bulls champions for 6 of 7 years. People like a winner. They like a champion. Did they reach the status of the 1985 Bears? Likely not. But when you ask who was on those two teams' championship teams, you are going to find a lot more people who will mention Bulls players' Pippen, Grant, Paxson and Cartwright, but likely wont name one player from the 92 Cup playoff team (Actually, Hasek really ended up with the best career from that team and he was a backup goaltender...)

Also, lest we forget that while the Bulls were winning championships, the Blackhawks were implementing such wonderful ideas as Hawkvision? Remember that one? 29.95 a month to watch Hawks games! I listened on the radio as Hasek lost game four. I never saw one playoff game. Why I still became the diehard fan I am now, Ill never figure out. So to some effect, I can't feel like a red-headed-stepchild because my team was not promoting itself well. They didnt heavily partake in the NHL marketing blitz around Nike and ESPN. In a way, I always felt the Blackhawks got what they invested in the 90s. Nothing.

It does bother me when people use the excuse that their sports team is not given enough attention. I grew up in a household with two Sox fans who havent stopped giving me the business for how the Cubs are portrayed vs. the Sox. Im not trying to put words in your mouth, but this felt the same way. I could easily have taken the low road with people here on the board and at home, but instead I found its better to just let it go because it does nothing but promote lower brain functions between both parties.