It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:02 am 
1000 CLUB

Ok this "Smart Cookeis" spot reminds me of an SNL skit and runs way too long for my liking. Let's run a spot about how to manage your money while we are in the worst recession in decades. If I had money the last thing I need is 5 bimbos to tell me how to manage it .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Gee, what do you think they'll say? "Paying interest on credit cards suck. So we use Amex..."

Really?!? Huh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Ok this "Smart Cookeis" spot reminds me of an SNL skit and runs way too long for my liking. Let's run a spot about how to manage your money while we are in the worst recession in decades. If I had money the last thing I need is 5 bimbos to tell me how to manage it .

Maybe you'd have more money if you had managed it properly. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Chris in St. Charles wrote:

Chris in St. Charles + NSJ = MATCH!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:18 am 
1000 CLUB

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:

If you were "Chris from Kenilworth" or "Chris from Lake Forrest" I might of said your right. Chris from "St. Charles"??? Not so much . :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Let's run a spot about how to manage your money while we are in the worst recession in decades. If I had money the last thing I need is 5 bimbos to tell me how to manage it .

Well, how would you feel about a sports/money based show in a recession? Would that make you happy?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
A sports/money based show in a recession hosted by two guys who were famously ripped off in a Ponzi scheme.

This has to be someone's signature.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I agree with the SNL analogy. It reminds me of the old NPR parody with Alec Baldwin. I can't wait to hear these bitches' individual stories they promised.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Those women sound like soccer moms. I don't like soccer moms, which means I don't like that commercial.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:14 pm 

I hate the bonus cash commercial sung to silver bells.

I swear the second line to the song is "backbone ass".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 pm 

THE WIND SOCK wrote:

Could not agree more on these broke ass biotches

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I don't care for the "Smart Cookies" ad either. It's not just limited to "The Danny Mac Show" and 670 The SCORE for that matter. Other radio stations owned by CBS Radio have been airing that same ad you're referring. If I want cookies, give me Oreos, Chips Ahoy! or those delicious striped cookies made by those Keebler elves...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
OMG im so glad it's not just me! I hate these spots all they make me do is PTFB wherever I hear them :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm 
I wondered if you would be allowed to call in on a commercial for WYC. At the beginning of this suckfest, they say that the bimbo's were in over $50,000 in debt. Later on, Whore #3 says "I like Amex because it really aligns with my values. I have to pay my bill in full every month, which is important to me". Ok slutbag, if that's important to you, then how the fuck do you amass your portion of a $50,000 debt!??

Get these whores off my radio right now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Baby McNown wrote:
I wondered if you would be allowed to call in on a commercial for WYC. At the beginning of this suckfest, they say that the bimbo's were in over $50,000 in debt. Later on, Whore #3 says "I like Amex because it really aligns with my values. I have to pay my bill in full every month, which is important to me". Ok slutbag, if that's important to you, then how the fuck do you amass your portion of a $50,000 debt!??

No way they'd let you crap an advertiser no matter how deserving.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

A7X wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Yeah , the last time Mac did that he got a 5 day unpaid vacation. I think it was a ticket broker sponser he bashed if I remember correctly.

He learned if you suck enough sponser PEE-PEE you get good deals on convertible sports cars he can drive around in with his flowing scarf in tow. :P Love ya Macker but the scarf thing has gotten a lot of mileage this week .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Slap Shot ED wrote:
A7X wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Yeah , the last time Mac did that he got a 5 day unpaid vacation. I think it was a ticket broker sponser he bashed if I remember correctly.

He learned if you suck enough sponser PEE-PEE you get good deals on convertible sports cars he can drive around in with his flowing scarf in tow. :P Love ya Macker but the scarf thing has gotten a lot of mileage this week .

Does he wear the scarf and the mustard belt in the tanning bed?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:42 pm 

they tell you to put EVERYTHING even small purchases on credit cards. they are flat out lying to you, and they think us men will just hear a cute voice, imagine huge boobs and will do whatever they say.

HI THIS IS TOWNSHIT FINANCIAL. ITS NOT ABOUT THE RATE, ITS ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY WE MAKE OFF YOU EVERY SINGLE MONTH WHILE YOUR PRINCIPAL NEVER DWINDLES.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Wrong section, and as a denizen of the commercials folder, consider this my official lobby for promoting it to right under Others and Management. Also, managing to poke fun at women and Jews in a thread about money is perversely impressive.

The spots are a little annoying and creepy, and like a lot of stuff that makes amassing and managing wealth seem easy, I'm naturally skeptical. (See also: Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which turned out to be a bunch of fabulism and bullshit.) I don't know enough about finance to parse the details of what they're going for here, but from reading their website, it seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true little Oprah ventures that could probably help a few people here and there, but I also get the feeling that it's going to rope in people who are just smart enough to be dangerous, and wreak havoc on them because they Kinda Do It Wrong. To wit:

Quote:
Just a few years ago, we were like many women in their twenties and thirties; despite great jobs, we were drowning in over $50,000 of consumer debt. Inspired by an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show on personal finance, the five of us formed a money group, and together, developed strategies for turning our finances around - without sacrificing our fabulous style or social lives.

We are now the hosts of a fresh, new TV show on the W Network and the authors of The Smart Cookies Guide to Making More Dough, which will assist readers in achieving their financial dreams and goals without drudgery or deprivation.

Sounds like a whole lot of having one's cake and eating it too. Drudgery and deprivation kinda have to be part of the process. I know there's always a way to game the system, but I can't shake the feeling that this is going to yield a bunch of people who spend money on crap they don't need and end up worse off. Of course, this seems to be an American Express thing, which is a bit more reputable than the usual "Steve's House of Cocktail Napkin Loans" fare on sports talk radio, but again, skeptical.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:41 pm 

Darkside wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Let's run a spot about how to manage your money while we are in the worst recession in decades. If I had money the last thing I need is 5 bimbos to tell me how to manage it .

Well, how would you feel about a sports/money based show in a recession? Would that make you happy?

Hey,
Monsters in the morning are moving to channell 2 amidst blurbs of traffic,buisness and big Terry Savage talkin money that I don't have and what to do with it,lol.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:14 pm 

If I hear the Smart Cookies, David Hockberg or a Central Dupage Hospital commercial I cant change the station fast enough.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:53 pm 

I am however a big fan of "you bought season tickets didn't you?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
SHARK wrote:
If I want cookies, give me Oreos, Chips Ahoy! or those delicious striped cookies made by those Keebler elves...

God Bless you Shark. I don't know if you were intentionally being funny or not, but this little gem gave me a chuckle.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'