It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:34 pm 

I really have no problem with someone who holds herself out as an ideal for fitness or beauty being mocked when she does not meet that standard. I'm not sure if a St. Norbert's cheerleader does this. Then again I'm not sure if the Purdue Twirlers do either, but it is fun to comment on them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
We are all guilty of making fun of someone. I know I am.

Is it right? Hell no. Should I be ashamed. Yes.

But we do it. We all do it.

However, I think it's unfair to draw a comparison to people making fun of cheerleaders weight to people making fun of a child with autism. I think we would all agree what the worse transgression would be. But that truly doesn't excuse any of it. So I will avoid throwing rocks when my house isn't made of stone.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:17 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
We are all guilty of making fun of someone. I know I am.

Is it right? Hell no. Should I be ashamed. Yes.

But we do it. We all do it.

However, I think it's unfair to draw a comparison to people making fun of cheerleaders weight to people making fun of a child with autism. I think we would all agree what the worse transgression would be. But that truly doesn't excuse any of it. So I will avoid throwing rocks when my house isn't made of stone.

OK, let me set something straight;

I wasn't saying Mac's son should be a target of ridicule in any way, shape, or form. My kid is a special needs kid as well, and I certainly would be up in a guy's grill if they made fun of him; as would any parent. And if someone starting making fun of Mac's son? I'd be standing right next to Mac on that one.

But that's kinda the point, isn't it? I think college cheerleaders aren't in the same category of say the Kardasian girls. The cheerleaders are there having fun and being a part of their school, the Kardasian's are trading on their looks and fame for money. Like Good Dolphin said, if you're trying to make a living on being good looking and famous? Fair game. But considering you can't name a single college cheerleader by name?

Probably should leave them alone.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I really have no problem with someone who holds herself out as an ideal for fitness or beauty being mocked when she does not meet that standard. I'm not sure if a St. Norbert's cheerleader does this. Then again I'm not sure if the Purdue Twirlers do either, but it is fun to comment on them.

Who's holding themselves out as an "ideal for fitness"? It's a small school with very bright kids, most are far brighter than the dimwitted hillbilly from Indiana. His low class comments show what a real human loser he really is. Fuck Mac, over rated, lazy and an asshole- nice combo as a human being.