It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 am 

I like Silvy but Waddle is brutal. Does he ever say anything interesting or funny? Furthermore I like Meatpants. Mac is entertaining as usual. I like ESPN and its format but Waddle is pretty much the SHARK of sports radio, without the bite. Silvy and Jurko might be good. For now McMeat is king :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Don't mess with my Silvy and Waddle...if you want 4 hours of Hockey talk, go right ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 am 

Although they are talking about football right now, bubble screens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:13 am 

spmack wrote:
Don't mess with my Silvy and Waddle...if you want 4 hours of Hockey talk, go right ahead.

Whats good about Waddle?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I honestly like both shows. I have always been a Silvy & Waddle fan and still think they have the second best show in town. Mac has always been solid and I think meatpants does a decent job. I really wish they both didn't come on at the same time...

I am still not a big fan of meatpants, but the show is getting better.

Silvy and Waddle are pretty good too, I would listen to them if they were in the morning time slot. They are way better than what both stations have on.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

pizza_Place: Langel's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
I honestly like both shows. I have always been a Silvy & Waddle fan and still think they have the second best show in town. Mac has always been solid and I think meatpants does a decent job. I really wish they both didn't come on at the same time...

+1

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:16 am 

Someone please make a case for Waddle...To me Mac is witty regarding sports. Meat seems solid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
spmack wrote:

Whats good about Waddle?

Waddle has his good and bad days. I thought he was pretty good a week or so ago when he went after the fans and listeners who were giving him shit about his Cutler thoughts. I think he's pretty funny at times, when he's not doing his too cool for the room act. He has gotten much better when talking about sports other than football. I believe Mac critisized him when he first got to 1000 for not showing much interest in anything other than the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Really been enjoying Mac and Meat the last few weeks. Meatpants is
probably at his best talking baseball but he hangs in there with the other
sports in town.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
spmack wrote:

I've never seen someone blindly defend two hosts as much as you defend these guys.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You can tell the Mac show is getting better.

Fewer and fewer and fewer posts in this section by John Kirk, Gloopy, SID, etc.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:31 am 

spmack wrote:

I've never seen someone blindly defend two hosts as much as you defend these guys.

We need a new wrestling thread.

OKC & the B&B ALS VS. Spmack & the W&S ALS

Someone get it done.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 am 

Meatpants has finally started to get rid of some of his annoying habits. He's a pretty good host without them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Douchebag wrote:
We need a new wrestling thread.

OKC & the B&B ALS VS. Spmack & the W&S ALS

Someone get it done.

It wouldn't be fair. They're outnumbered.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Tom Waddle, best known nationally as the gritty Chicago Bears receiver from 1989 to 1994 under both the Mike Ditka and Dave Wannstedt regimes, works best in his button-down TV role as a local commentator on Fox Chicago 32's The Final Word--opposite Markham's own Corey McPherin and his Gene-Keady like mane--and during his limited analysis on The NFL Network--channel 212 for all Directv viewers out there--on Sunday evenings than he does as the smug, often uncomfortable-sounding counterpart to the nasally, overenthusiastic, couch-slapping Marc Silverman on ESPN am 1000s Waddle & Silvy, aired weekdays from 9-1 in direct competition of the 18-34 male demographic with the fledgling Danny Mac show on 670 am The Score, featuring former ESPN 1000 employee and co-worker of Waddle and Silverman, Dan McNeil, best known to most Chicagoans for his uninspired Chicago Sun-Times and Chicago Tribune sports columns and as the former lead voice in the ESPN 1000 afternoon show Mac, Jurko and Harry, and his current on-air sidekick, the once Tony Siragusa-like but now Eddie Munster-like Matt Spiegel, best known nationally for his competent work on Sporting News Radio.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:56 am 

spmack wrote:

Look in the mirror Kid. And then log out on yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Well, you may interpret the decrease in negative comments any way you choose, but as for me, I couldn't stand the Mac show when I tried to give it a chance, so I hardly ever listen anymore; therefore, I have nothing much current to say about it--positive or negative.

Being interested in what other sportstalk fans are thinking, even about shows I don't normally listen to, I do check in here from time to time to see if the Mac fans are warming up to the show after a somewhat lukewarm early reception. Sounds like they are. I'm happy for you. Personally, I'm satisfied with S&W and have no reason to switch back to the Gambling, Grilling, and Song Parody Fest, so I guess I'm happy for me, too. What a beautiful world we live in. We're all so happy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac was right. All they needed was airmiles.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I truly like both shows. It took me awhile to warm up to The Mac Show. I didnt like Meatpants very much at first but the tide turned with the Roger Bossard interview ("can I call you Soddie?"). He's pretty funny imo and really grown on me.
My only criticism of the Mac show is I'd prefer less talk about their personal lives and social activities and more of the old sports-eroo, but that's just me, and that's usually when I journey down the dial.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Meatpants has finally started to get rid of some of his annoying habits.

You mean like talking?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:23 pm 

waddle is too much of an apologist; you can tell he's trying to be as fair as possible because he doesn't want to be pegged as "local" and therefore confine himself to that market. he wants bigger and better things.

however, that works perfectly against silvy who bleeds local. he is a passionate fan, and so it's a good thing to have the "straight man" as waddle against him.

i still don't see the chemistry between spiegel and mac but mac has at least gotten more comfortable and that's made the show better.

waddle's good when he breaks down the NFL in certain sichuwayshions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Positano's Pizza
W_Z wrote:

Image OR Image

He may be gone, but his memory will live on forever.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

That's throwing chum in the water.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
W_Z wrote:
waddle is too much of an apologist; you can tell he's trying to be as fair as possible because he doesn't want to be pegged as "local" and therefore confine himself to that market. he wants bigger and better things.
however, that works perfectly against silvy who bleeds local. he is a passionate fan, and so it's a good thing to have the "straight man" as waddle against him.
i still don't see the chemistry between spiegel and mac but mac has at least gotten more comfortable and that's made the show better.

I find that not confining himself to the local market is a strength. He has some credibility when he talks about other teams but I wish he'd be a little more critical. It's espny.I think waddle gets worn down from his schedule. W&S are a good pairing and fun. I usually laugh when I listen.

I still don't listen to M&M mostly because of the little ears around the house. When I have tuned in it's okay. Sometimes too smarmy, sometimes too singy, and it has improved.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:31 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I find that not confining himself to the local market is a strength.

yes, that's what i was saying; that's why he's not overtly critical over a lot of things. he doesn't have the "fan act", like silvy does. that pays dividends in the national spectrum.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 pm 

I was thinking more from the stand point that he knows what's going on with other teams.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Much better show that it was in the early Summer and I'll credit it to a few things. Coming back to the Score I found the guys can be a little more open with how they speak and it's more of a Saloon than the old SALOON EVER WAS !! I can't listen to ESPN and it's hand over mouth and ears approach and it's become a watered down version of sports radio for me .

I think Spiegs has made HUGE strides and is getting in a comfort zone with Mac and it shows. I also would like to share a thought on how Spiegs prepares for a show as he doesn't need me to blow smoke up his ass but when the guys were over a few weeks ago Spiegs brought out the laptop and took notes during the game and while Mac was stuffing his face with queche and throwing back Bailey's and Eggnog (whiched looked and smelled awesome) Pants was invloved what was going on in the game which kind of blew me away and showed me the guy comes to work with a purpose. Mac stands on his own merit but kudos to Matt. I gave him praise for jumping on the Hawks scene and when they do have Hawks players on he knows what to ask and how it's played even though he's not a big fan which again shows he does his homework.

Hockey is also a big deal with the show and for those who want to question that than by all means switch over to ESPN and fall asleep because Waddle wants nothing to do with hockey and that will bite them in the ass.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: ny
I think I'm liking this show less than I used to. The singing and fart jokes aspect annoys me. Mac seems to be more passive to me, almost as if on the other station, he had to be the big guy who would yell at callers once in a while and be in the middle of an issue here or there, and now it seems like Boers and Bernstein play that role (good example when Chicago lost the Olympics and they were all kind of bullying Mac and he was just acting all down in the dumps).

He will probably disagree with me, and I'm not saying it to be a jerk, but it's just the impression I get

On to Silvy, I'm still disappointed Silvy and Carmen never worked, seemed like the perfect combo to me, and they were friends to boot, helping chemistry. Maybe it's my age group and most listeners are different or just older, but I loved that show. Waddle is okay, the show is good if I want my NBA fix, but once baseball season comes, 2 Cubs fans, ehhh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:51 pm 

I don't think Speigels preparedness translates to material or thoughts well.