It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Sorry if this topic has been broached before, but I just quit listening to the John McDonough interview from today's show because it sounded like crap. What the hell is up with the terrible sound quality? Jesus. How hard is it to record something from the show and make it sound like a professional radio station in the country's 3rd biggest market produced it? I would be embarrassed. It sounds like it was recorded thru a filter or something. Either make it broadcast quality or don't post it on the site. Simple enough.

When I listen to the stream, it comes thru perfectly, and I also didn't try any of the other interviews.

Is this a common occurrence?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:53 pm 

Sounded fine to me on my radio.

Granted, getting Meatpants to stop acting as if the Blackhawks are already skating with Lord Stanley's Cup would help it be a better interview.

Seriously, Matt. Don't compare the Blackhawks to Cubs teams. Just because McDonough was a part of both organizations does not mean there is a comparison.

Hopefully the difference will be that the 1984 Cubs team didn't get it done; whereas the 2009-10 Blackhawks do.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
mcdouough is the luckiest douche in chicago. most media in this town make it out that he is the reason the cubs draw 3 mil/yr and now he is the reason that the blackhawks are selling out the UC. a nutless monkey could be the marketing rep for the cubs and they will draw 2.5 to 3 mil/yr. as for the hawks, it was bill wirtz dying and putting the games on tv, along with finally winning, that brought fans back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Sorry if this topic has been broached before, but I just quit listening to the John McDonough interview from today's show because it sounded like crap. What the hell is up with the terrible sound quality? Jesus. How hard is it to record something from the show and make it sound like a professional radio station in the country's 3rd biggest market produced it? I would be embarrassed. It sounds like it was recorded thru a filter or something. Either make it broadcast quality or don't post it on the site. Simple enough.

Sometimes they overcompress their mp3s, which makes them unlistenable over the air. I've noticed this too. 40 kb/s mp3s aren't broadcast quality. It's fine for podcasts, but if you're going to replay something on the air, it has to be at least 128.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Deacon Blues wrote:
mcdouough is the luckiest douche in chicago. most media in this town make it out that he is the reason the cubs draw 3 mil/yr and now he is the reason that the blackhawks are selling out the UC. a nutless monkey could be the marketing rep for the cubs and they will draw 2.5 to 3 mil/yr. as for the hawks, it was bill wirtz dying and putting the games on tv, along with finally winning, that brought fans back.

This is hands down without a doubt the........

GREATEST. POST. EVER.
:cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I didn't listen to the interview, but I doubt the touched on any of the following subjects...

**the story that McDummy forced Tallon to sign Campbell because he wanted to make a big splash

**Who's fault exactly was the RFA mailing snafu this summer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Sometimes they overcompress their mp3s, which makes them unlistenable over the air. I've noticed this too. 40 kb/s mp3s aren't broadcast quality. It's fine for podcasts, but if you're going to replay something on the air, it has to be at least 128.

'preciate the explanation. I was listening thru my computer while wearing headphones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Deacon Blues wrote:

No. John McDonough was the architect that Rocky hired to design & execute the re-building of the Blackhawk organization. I wish the fuck he would go to work for the Bears next. Johnny Mac had no problem making the tough decision to fire Denis Savard, knowing that it would be an unpopular decision with Hawks fans. This is the kind of leadership the Bears have never had & are so desperately lacking.
If you DB McDonough, what the hell do you nominate Angelo & Hendry for???

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 pm 

i agree john has been very lucky with his timing for the cubs and hawks... but you cant say he didnt make a difference either.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:54 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:

No. John McDonough was the architect that Rocky hired to design & execute the re-building of the Blackhawk organization. I wish the fuck he would go to work for the Bears next. Johnny Mac had no problem making the tough decision to fire Denis Savard, knowing that it would be an unpopular decision with Hawks fans. This is the kind of leadership the Bears have never had & are so desperately lacking.
If you DB MnDonough, what the hell do you nominate Angelo & Hendry for???

Who knew he was Chicago's secret hockey savant? Winning all of those accomplishments with the Cubs organization, making them the envy of the league. Now on to Hockey where the cup hoisting will be his to claim. To hell with the Bowman's winning at the turnstiles is what counts most!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:

This is hands down without a doubt the........

GREATEST. POST. EVER.
:cheers:

Agreed.

And how quickly folks forget that the Hawks were going to be unable to sign their big three because of what Tallon did with the payroll. Johnny leaking more shit to ALS Chicago media members.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Really? I thought the Cubs and Hawks were both drawing well because a computer called people and sold them tickets.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:19 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Scorehead wrote:
No. John McDonough was the architect that Rocky hired to design & execute the re-building of the Blackhawk organization. I wish the fuck he would go to work for the Bears next. Johnny Mac had no problem making the tough decision to fire Denis Savard, knowing that it would be an unpopular decision with Hawks fans.

Ugh. McDonough isn't involved in operations, since by his own admission he took the gig not knowing a forecheck from a foreskin. (Not his words.) Sacking Savard and Tallon were the Bowmans' moves. In a sense he's more like Sweaty Teddy than you think. He just concerns himself with making money for the team, and I'd say he's done a good job with that. I've mostly resigned myself to unpopular personnel moves being falsely attributed to him by the caveman contingent of the fanbase. "I know McPimp made Tallon sign Huet. He's ruining the team! At least with Bill Wirtz you knew what you were getting."