It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:35 pm 

you give goff and drinky more air time and the score would eventually have to PAY UP. and theyre not going to do that. they like cheap producers....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
So let me get this straight, the whole point of this thread is so Mac can announce that he plans on writing this thread?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Missed this thread. Terry did a "Roar of the day" talking about how he was mad that the Score has brought in a lot of new backups and he stood up for Drinky & Goff saying he didn't like that they were losing air time.

I thought this was the reason between this fight between Terry and Mac. Terry probably doesn't like Mac being able to bring in Oak Park Vandy and Teddy Greenstein. We know Terry hates Teddy. Who would have thought Drinky and Goff would come between Mac and Terry? Give Terry credit. He does stick up for his loyal soldiers.

I agree with Spaulding. Nobody cares about Mac's producers getting air time. Nobody cares about Mully and Hanley's producers getting air time. Why are they any less worthy?

I think a part of it is that Goff and Drinky were the main B&B backups for a while so people got used to it. I think Goff and Drinky got a shot and their bosses didn't think they were any good. I think this was a Drew Hayes call. But I thought Drinky and Goff were given a lot of chances. Many producers can't say that.

I thought they both took on the B&B "Fuck you" attitude and it backfired. I don't think they can do it like Bernstein can. Call me crazy but it doesn't sound the same when they do it. They're not smart enough to do it and the listeners aren't gonna take that attitude from them. I think it's bad radio.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Give Mac credit. He must be in radio or something. He really knows how to build the audience before revealing the news.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Give Mac credit. He must be in radio or something. He really knows how to build the audience before revealing the news.

Please. The man gets paid to do his show 9-1. He can never post his reply here and still be doing his entertaining job. Let the man get home to his family; spend some time with his kids and get a bite to eat before explaining his relationship status with his former partner.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frontman wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Please. The man gets paid to do his show 9-1. He can never post his reply here and still be doing his entertaining job. Let the man get home to his family; spend some time with his kids and get a bite to eat before explaining his relationship status with his former partner.

What are you taking about? I was complimenting him. I like "drama building". It wasn't meant as an insult. Whenever he has time. Of course. It wasn't a snide comment on my part. You took it the wrong way. I'm always misunderstood. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Beardown wrote:
I thought they both took on the B&B "Fuck you" attitude and it backfired.

Disagree with this in regards to Jason. I always found him to be cordial when doing solo shows.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Jalapenos and More wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Disagree with this in regards to Jason. I always found him to be cordial when doing solo shows.

Yeah Drinky seemed to adopt this alot more than Jason did to the point where he was spending most of his time berating callers on his shifts when they put him on late night. I think the ship on Drinky being a host at the score has sailed but I for one think thats for the best I think him and the sports whisperer are the two hardest listens at that station. As for Goff I think he is funny and a capable host whenever I hear him on. When he is solo he is usually nice to callers unless the person is a complete asshat.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:33 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I think the ship on Drinky being a host at the score has sailed but I for one think thats for the best

I hear the Chicago Fire Department is hiring.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:47 pm 

mac is chainsmokin cigarettes again thats why there is no terry boers hate thread yet. no wait itll be a "terry is weird but im on the back 9 so its all good bro" and we all sing SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA TEE DA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Funny how Boers has rifts with guys like Murph , North, and now Mac. What does Terry really bring to the station that his bitching and moaning would really matter? I agree with SOME that the station has allowed Terry to work from home when he feels the weather or Summer construction is a burden on him so to question management or Mac on what his show is doing sounds like petty jealousy on Boers part.

Im a Terry fan and have been a listener of his for years but the petulant way he was treating Mac a few weeks back made it as if Terry's opinion of Mac's was one if disdain and how dare he choose who sits in on his show. I lost a little respect for Terry and made me think that maybe Murph was in the right all this time .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Despite the fact that I'm usually not posting nice things about B&B,I think both would be better with different partners. I like to listen to Terry talk baseball. I feel the same way he does about the scum who abused the steroids. They have shamed the game & Bud Selig should have never been allowed to be a commisioner since he was also owner of the Brewers. I think his daughter now owns the team (wink,wink!) Baseball needs to get rid of Selig. Bring in a no'nonsense guy who respects the game. I like Bob Costas,but that will never happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Funny how Boers has rifts with guys like Murph , North, and now Mac. What does Terry really bring to the station that his bitching and moaning would really matter? I agree with SOME that the station has allowed Terry to work from home when he feels the weather or Summer construction is a burden on him so to question management or Mac on what his show is doing sounds like petty jealousy on Boers part.

Im a Terry fan and have been a listener of his for years but the petulant way he was treating Mac a few weeks back made it as if Terry's opinion of Mac's was one if disdain and how dare he choose who sits in on his show. I lost a little respect for Terry and made me think that maybe Murph was in the right all this time .

Agree for the most part. He was getting quite the attitude with Mac a bit ago and it showed during the "cross talk" and at times during the show. At this point, considering his weak performance, Terry shouldn't be digging on Mac about anything. Terry is allowed to do the show from home and pretty much mail it in every show and contribute very little to the show and sation as a whole. The whole "I'm mad at the station because of you but not because of you" garbage from a few weeks ago was pretty lame.

Terry hasn't been good for a long while, he craps on and on about everything, repeats whatever thin thoughts he has over and over again and agrees with Bernstien on 90% of everything without a thought. He adds very little to the show except for an echo-chamber. It seems, and it is my opinion, that Bernsie gets a bit flustered with Terry more and more on the show now...like he's tired of carrying his carcas around.

It was really strange and creepy when he was going on and on about not wanting to go to the Hawks game and such.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Mac - This tease is worse than anything even Mike Greenberg could conjure up. :wink: :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Chris in St. Charles wrote:
Mac - This tease is worse than anything even Mike Greenberg could conjure up. :wink: :D

I'm dyin' over here! :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Despite the fact that I'm usually not posting nice things about B&B,I think both would be better with different partners.

Agree with you Jimmy as I think the show has run it's course. Danny B is a talent and his energy picks up with whom ever fills in for Terry and that would tell me Bernstein is ready to move on .

I have always liked Terry on a personal level as he's always been very nice to me and he once coined me "Americas Handjob" which I took as a complement.

Im sure Mac takes Terry with a grain of salt and knowing Mackey he'd tell Terry to go pound sand if he thought for a second Terry was blaming him for his peeps not advancing at the station.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
SomeGuy wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:

Agree for the most part. He was getting quite the attitude with Mac a bit ago and it showed during the "cross talk" and at times during the show. At this point, considering his weak performance, Terry shouldn't be digging on Mac about anything. Terry is allowed to do the show from home and pretty much mail it in every show and contribute very little to the show and sation as a whole. The whole "I'm mad at the station because of you but not because of you" garbage from a few weeks ago was pretty lame.

Terry hasn't been good for a long while, he craps on and on about everything, repeats whatever thin thoughts he has over and over again and agrees with Bernstien on 90% of everything without a thought. He adds very little to the show except for an echo-chamber. It seems, and it is my opinion, that Bernsie gets a bit flustered with Terry more and more on the show now...like he's tired of carrying his carcas around.

It was really strange and creepy when he was going on and on about not wanting to go to the Hawks game and such.

Very well said.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yeah Drinky seemed to adopt this alot more than Jason did to the point where he was spending most of his time berating callers on his shifts when they put him on late night. I think the ship on Drinky being a host at the score has sailed but I for one think thats for the best I think him and the sports whisperer are the two hardest listens at that station. As for Goff I think he is funny and a capable host whenever I hear him on. When he is solo he is usually nice to callers unless the person is a complete asshat.

I don't know if its the case; but didn't Matt's solo work kinda dry up soon after he basically said, "He didn't give a crap about White Sox fans" two seasons ago, saying they should just shut up, don't call, wear your wife beater shirts, slap your girlfriend around and eat friend bolonga sandwiches, since the Cubs were in the playoffs?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote][
I don't know if its the case; but didn't Matt's solo work kinda dry up soon after he basically said, "He didn't give a crap about White Sox fans" two seasons ago, saying they should just shut up, don't call, wear your wife beater shirts, slap your girlfriend around and eat friend bolonga sandwiches, since the Cubs were in the playoffs?[/

I remember that as Costanza had claimed to have called into the very show. :drunken:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Funny how Boers has rifts with guys like Murph , North, and now Mac.
well, one for three ain't bad. North couldn't stand Bernsie but got along well with Terry, even up till the end.
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
I lost a little respect for Terry and made me think that maybe Murph was in the right all this time .

:shock: you're kidding, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
City of Fools wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
well, one for three ain't bad. North couldn't stand Bernsie but got along well with Terry, even up till the end.
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
I lost a little respect for Terry and made me think that maybe Murph was in the right all this time .

Anyone who thinks Terry is the saint in the Murph feud is delusional. Terry has shown himself to be just as miserable a human being as Murph, only in a slightly different manner.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:

Anyone who thinks Terry is the saint in the Murph feud is delusional. Terry has shown himself to be just as miserable a human being as Murph, only in a slightly different manner.

Oh, both come across as raging asshats. Murph though comes off on the short end due to his bragging constantly of no experience in reporting. When you keep beating the drum (or blowing the bugle) of being "just a fan" then it discredits you when you get into these spats with Boers/Berns/Mully/Hanley/most of his production staff...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
City of Fools wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:

Apparently he's just living-up to his moniker. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Mr. Reason wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:

Amen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Mac wrote:
i will finish terry stuff and post today.

:roll: