It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:16 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Maybe that ship has sailed then.

Exactly. A few years ago they were considered the Gordon Beckhams of the station. Now they are Sam Fuld/Brian Anderson/Micah Hasselhoff.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:24 pm 

I believe the board does Goff a disservice by always linking him with Drinky. He is way better AND is in a decent position with the pop ins on B & B. Hes practically the 3rd member of the show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I believe the board does Goff a disservice by always linking him with Drinky.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
I agree with RPB. Goff is better than Dinky as an on air talent. He is also better than Loho. Rock has gotten better and I heard a show with Goff/Rock that was really good. I like the fact they have Goff covering Bulls games and tossing out a blog now and then. I wonder what bone they have thrown to Drinky.

Bottom line is either is better than Wolfe who is just not good. Paruch, Rosie and Rock are good. Goff is in that rotation and is good enough to cover more day shifts and surely week night shifts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
I'm so sick of hearing that gravely voiced bastard from the AP. Where the hell did they come up with him? I can't remember the last time I heard Matt do a show. Jason is the best host that doesn't have a regular air shift IMO. Together they are OK, but I prefer them either alone, or paired up with someone else. They tend to get a little too silly when working with each other.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:50 pm 

I don't get the Paruch love. The times I have heard him he has been bad, bad, bad.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:20 am 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
I don't know why anyone thinks of OPV as a wunderkind. I'm pretty sure he was conceived at the intersection of Meatball Street and Giardiniera Avenue. Also, use your real name, son. You're on the radio, not a message board. Did you win the show in a contest? Oh, yeah, you kinda did. So duck or else SHARK's panties will hit you in the face.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:22 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RFDC wrote:
IMO it is because they have done it in the past and it was some pretty good radio. Goff and/or Drinky are better than just about ever fill in the score has except for maybe Rosie.

Yes. Jason Goff is more entertaining than every host on the Score. There should be an established career path in every organization so the young people have something to shoot for. The positions that Goff & Drinky are in should be developmental positions so they can groom & develop the next generation of radio hosts. For some reason though, WSCR Management would rather bring in re-treads like Greenstein, Wolf, McPherrin, Rosenbloom, & others to fill air time openings rather than letting the young guys on the air. What made WSCR great years ago was the fact that they were managed by guys who werent afraid to take chances. Mitch Rosen plays not to lose, rather than taking a chance on a young guy. Rosen needs to use his bench more. Back to Goff, this guy should have his own gig either at WSCR or elsewhere. He is great by himself or teamed with a partner. I believe that the 2 most under-utilized & unrealized talents in Chicago sports radio are Jason Goff & Jonathan Hood. I would love to hear them paired together.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:26 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Jack Bauer wrote:
I'm so sick of hearing that gravely voiced bastard from the AP. Where the hell did they come up with him? I can't remember the last time I heard Matt do a show. Jason is the best host that doesn't have a regular air shift IMO. Together they are OK, but I prefer them either alone, or paired up with someone else. They tend to get a little too silly when working with each other.

Jim Litke is his name. He sounds a little like OB. He was on with Hub the other day & yea, he is horrible. I just dont understand why WSCR would put this guy on the air rather than someone on their bench.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:56 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Spaulding wrote:
Neither of them are phenoms (like OPV). They are okay, I liked drinky better a few years ago on Saturdays but they aren't entitled or deserving of every open shift on every show. I don't understand why people think they are. That's my point.

My take is, since they more than occasionally go to LoHo for "replacement" - which makes the show almost unlistenable for me - what causes the powers-that-be to not go with Matt or Jason instead? It would be rather difficult for me to believe that there are well-researched metrics or numbers that demonstrate that LoHo is a considerably better 'draw' than either of the show's producers. Ergo, it would logically follow that there's something else that goes into the (seemingly counter-productive) decision to disallow Matt or Jason fill-in time.

I don't pretend to know whether it's financial, contractual, personal, or just plain stupidity that causes the situation; I just know it seems exceptionally irrational to me, and might as such to others as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Neither of them are phenoms (like OPV). They are okay, I liked drinky better a few years ago on Saturdays but they aren't entitled or deserving of every open shift on every show. I don't understand why people think they are. That's my point.

My take is, since they more than occasionally go to LoHo for "replacement" - which makes the show almost unlistenable for me - what causes the powers-that-be to not go with Matt or Jason instead? It would be rather difficult for me to believe that there are well-researched metrics or numbers that demonstrate that LoHo is a considerably better 'draw' than either of the show's producers. Ergo, it would logically follow that there's something else that goes into the (seemingly counter-productive) decision to disallow Matt or Jason fill-in time.

I don't pretend to know whether it's financial, contractual, personal, or just plain stupidity that causes the situation; I just know it seems exceptionally irrational to me, and might as such to others as well.

Great point. My guess is it is financially/contractually. I would be very interested to know who Dan & Terry would pick if all things were equal... as my guess it's one of the boys.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:11 am 

Jalapenos and More wrote:
I don't know why anyone thinks of OPV as a wunderkind.

That will be enough of that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pal Joeys in West Chicago
Regular Reader wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I believe the board does Goff a disservice by always linking him with Drinky.

Agreed.

+2

Goff = Good listen, preferable over LoHo at any time on any show.

Drinky, to my ears at least, would be better off sticking to producing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:42 am 

Mac wrote:
Will get to the "Ask Mac" questions about my relationship with Terry tomorrow morning.

Da Ma Na got sleep in late tickat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Why do people think that B&Bs producers should automatically get any airtime that is open?

Not necessarily "automatically", but I think they should get more as well. B&B's (and before that, the Heavy Fuel Crew's) producers always played a larger on air/creative role in the shows than elsewhere. They've always been solid radio professionals IMO & the Score used to seem like a place where that grunt work meant a fair(even extra) chance at on air work.

Life isn't fair, but I'd prefer either of them(even Drinky) to Bruce Wolf or some of the other fill-ins.

North's producers were regular contributors to his show from the beginning. The Heavy Fuel Crew's were not.

Alzamora, Fishman, and Sirott were rarely heard. Suintres was an on air presence who came 3 or 4 years into the show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Why do people think that B&Bs producers should automatically get any airtime that is open?

Not necessarily "automatically", but I think they should get more as well. B&B's (and before that, the Heavy Fuel Crew's) producers always played a larger on air/creative role in the shows than elsewhere. They've always been solid radio professionals IMO & the Score used to seem like a place where that grunt work meant a fair(even extra) chance at on air work.

Life isn't fair, but I'd prefer either of them(even Drinky) to Bruce Wolf or some of the other fill-ins.

North's producers were regular contributors to his show from the beginning. The Heavy Fuel Crew's were not.

Alzamora, Fishman, and Sirott were rarely heard. Suintres was an on air presence who came 3 or 4 years into the show.

Whatever happened to Suintres?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Scorehead, what do you think of JHood and Jason Goff AGAIN???? :D

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hi,
I'm Scoreheads meatball cohort! I like Jason & Mat,too. If they had a show,I would listen. AS far as LH goes,he is one of the few hosts that works better by himself. He is not great,but an OK listen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:

Whatever happened to Suintres?

He does podcasts for comic book fans. Interviews with guys at comic conventions, etc. What else he does, I dunno. Voice over sounds a reasonable guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let me throw my first 2010 post out to Mac and say , "tell Boers to go and fuck himself"!!! The old bastard has mailed it in for better part of 2 years and has not had orginal thought since you were his partner. He's going to tell you from his basement mic how you should run your show and how the his two cronies should be fill ins when your not there??

Fuck off, your luckey to be still empolyed old man. What, the next time we have snow showers he get's to stay home and call in from his Rascal cart and cruise his basement and agree with everything Bernstein has to say anyway.

The only way Goff or Drinky should fill in is to replace Boers. Bernstien calls the shots anyway Terry so grow a set and stand up to your partner and then maybe I'll side with you when you want to be a douchebag to the guy who made you a household name back in the mid 90's and now he's luckey when his own kids acknowledge him at home.

I heard he got his panties in a bunch with you when had your buddy Vandy fill in and by the way Vando did a nice job . The Station was dying a slow death till you got back so Boers should be rod gobbling you everyday at 1PM !

I have not turned on 1000 in about 4 months and the ratings tell that not only have I moved on but plenty of others and Boers of all people should be thanking you for it as you Mcneil made Boers a little relevent at 1pm once again .

By the way Mac your Hawks are starting to shit down their pant legs and are being exposed and getting tired so don't get to excited about your little Indians just yet. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
IMO it is because they have done it in the past and it was some pretty good radio. Goff and/or Drinky are better than just about ever fill in the score has except for maybe Rosie.

Yes. Jason Goff is more entertaining than every host on the Score. There should be an established career path in every organization so the young people have something to shoot for. The positions that Goff & Drinky are in should be developmental positions so they can groom & develop the next generation of radio hosts. For some reason though, WSCR Management would rather bring in re-treads like Greenstein, Wolf, McPherrin, Rosenbloom, & others to fill air time openings rather than letting the young guys on the air. What made WSCR great years ago was the fact that they were managed by guys who werent afraid to take chances. Mitch Rosen plays not to lose, rather than taking a chance on a young guy. Rosen needs to use his bench more. Back to Goff, this guy should have his own gig either at WSCR or elsewhere. He is great by himself or teamed with a partner. I believe that the 2 most under-utilized & unrealized talents in Chicago sports radio are Jason Goff & Jonathan Hood. I would love to hear them paired together.

I agree with this completly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 pm 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Fuck off, your luckey to be still empolyed old man. What, the next time we have snow showers he get's to stay home and call in from his Rascal cart and cruise his basement and agree with everything Bernstein has to say anyway.

Doesn't Boers have health issues?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:59 am 

i will finish terry stuff and post today. was occupied with bad football and pucks most of yesterday. hang tight.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 am 

So I'm guessing Stu-Gotz has never been to DB Diddlers?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
i will finish terry stuff and post today. was occupied with bad football and pucks most of yesterday. hang tight.

Wondering if Terry's peeps have a rough draft of this yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Mac wrote:

Wondering if Terry's peeps have a rough draft of this yet?

He'll have to check his answering machine Wednesday.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 am 

His peep was busy last week talking about how Ron Turner gave Super-Jay the business because he questioned his judgement on INT's. Ground-breaking stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
A7X wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I agree with this completly.

I think Jonathan is getting near the point of being utilized far more often. Jason however does not seem to be as lucky. Sox baseball is coming which will mean less shifts for all part time hosts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Mac wrote:

In the business this is referred to as a tease...Remember your audience changes every 20 minutes

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 am 

RFDC wrote:
Jalapenos and More wrote:
I don't know why anyone thinks of OPV as a wunderkind.

That will be enough of that.

The opinion, or German?