It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1/20 show
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Some thoughts on today's show. I'll try to be as objective as possible.

-Danny, the Dierdorf thing is getting a bit stale. I would use it in moderation.

-Love it when you guys have trivia contests (no matter how easy). I think most of us got all the answers right (except I thought that the tough question was Willie McClendon instead of Laurence McCutcheon :oops: ...a little Jurko in me). I think it would be better with two contestants.

-Keep up the hockey talk, but also keep splainin' things for some of us "Hockey Novices". Wouldn't mind a few rule explainations here and there as well as some history. Sorry Slappy, Hoffy, Crosscheck and Spanky....I'm hockey ruhtarded, but I want to learn.

-How dare you call the Superbowl between the Iggles and the Raiders Superbowl XIV? :wink: :x This was my intro and inauguration to pro football and it's how I developed my blind, mindless following of the birds. I still watch the NFL films highlight of XV since I'm such a masochist. <Dick Coury to Dick Vermeil>- "Aw Harold....the penalty was on Harold, Dick (cut to Coury and Vermeil's look of disgust)". Two dicks, wow!! :shock: The touchdown was called back. :evil:

-Loved the discussion between you and Spiegs with Kerry about the Taco Bell founder passing. I'm sorry, but I still love the garbage. I could give up any fast food except for Taco Bell, especially the Volcano Taco....mmmm good cheap drunk food. :drunken:

So those are a few of my thoughts from today. I don't know if this helps, hurts or is just a bunch of drivel. So there it is for ya from a guy that shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

Post subject: Re: 1/20 show
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Architects design football stadium abominations....Engineers just make sure they don't collapse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Enjoying the hell out of the shows of late . Would like to see some remotes near the Will county area but seeing you guys are on at 9am that is asking a lot of bar keepers to open their doors that early in the morning . Im sure Joe over at Heroes West would do it .

Keep the hockey talk going and get some players on !! I think you can even get some of the old Hawks out of mothballs to comment . An Al Secord, Savvy, Larms, Doug Wilson would be a great guest as seeing he's the GM of the Sharks and one of the best Hawks defencemen to ever lace'em up .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
The show has been really good lately, Spiegs has upped his game and has things flowing smoothly.

Although I do have to agree on the Deirdorf thing...Mac, you're venturing into bad territory. Every once and a while is ok, I guess, but when it goes on for 5 min....I protest!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:02 pm 

agree on dierdorf. he's staying in the puppet bag until super bowl preview... when he ill talk more about the who than the game.

thanks for the tip, doug, as i texted you. and if you know anbody desirous of becoming an architect.... tell 'em to check out the ball state university. bsu has one of the best programs in the nation and a high school teammate who went that route is accomplished and making a fortune in california.

the hockey balance we're still learning. i regret not doing more on hawks-wings monday... athought that was the best juice of the week and i was reluctant to step on the gas on it. thumbs down to me. when i wanted to do more today to get a mulligan... the buzz had quelled because of the shit they took on the ice in canada's capital tuesday evening.

trivia.... been wrestling with it for 20 years. i liked it as is today because five questions was quick and i tried to work some other elements of those super bowls into this season's discussion on the "evolution" of the game. adding a second player is a good idea. getting our prize closet filled is also a good idea.

thanks for the push.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:04 pm 

eaglo.... don't apologize for being critical. same with everybody. i can take it. even from "als'ers." need a new term for that. i love the stones but the idea of my tongue on any of 'em nauseates me. i know that's taking it too literally... but you take my point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:06 pm 

good points on ex-hawks, eddie. players can't do game day so i need more bullets in the magazine. foley, olczyk and konroyd have been great, but we do need another voice or two. is the answer jesus?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Meet you at Arni's!
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

-Danny, the Dierdorf thing is getting a bit stale. I would use it in moderation.

Thankfully I'm working now (yay!) but I've been missing the show. What's the Dierdorf thing? Is he being called out for being a dumbass? I've been calling him Dierdork for years....I don't see how that could get stale! :lol: He's HORRIBLE!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:30 pm 

I have to say, Mac. I was hyper critical of you when you first took over the middays. Because I knew if it didn't work, we'd get Murph back. And as a Sox fan; the return of Murph would of kept me from listening to WSCR unless during games or post 2pm. I wanted you and Speigs to make those clamoring for the sound drop moron to go away or to get on board. And by and large; they either have gone elsewhere and other people are tuning it, or they started to give you guys a shot.

Your show has either improved...or like a fungus has grown on me. Either way; the dial stays locked to WSCR now. Always was during baseball season; because Bruce LeVine(line) is enough to make any intelligent baseball fan vomit. But then I was forced to either turn off the radio completely or listen to Murph call anyone who didn't agree with him a Sox fan. Sorry, just because someone doesn't like the host's opinion doesn't mean they were rooting for the other team in town. You might be a Sox fan; but you're also willing to talk Cubs, and talk about both teams with a bit of intelligence!

And Speigs has won me over as well. At first I felt he took over too much of the show talking; but its balanced out more. And honestly, I think the show should be known as the Mac and Speigs show now. He's passionate; but he's also willing to admit he's being meatball or being biased. It's a great listen.

Before you arrived on WSCR, very rarely did we get one show referring to another show; unless of course it was filled with venom. Now, you refer alot to Dan and Terry's previous day's show, as well as Mully and Hanley's show. That's what makes the Score a great listen; as it does become a station you want to keep on.

I still think you guys can get off on a tangent sometimes; but most of the time its sports or sports related. Like you said, guy talk. But maybe its because its football season (or football season is winding down) but the tangents seem to keep close to sports.

Transitions at first seemed forced; but now is some of the best 20 minutes of radio. Some of the times. Depends on how many times Terry does the Dan Manana routine. Today's comment from Speigs of tribute bands suck just was classic good times. You're right, the frat boy radio DOES work. I think it just took time for the show to become natural, versus finding itself.

Keep throwing stuff at us. Some things work, some things not so much. But like anything that improves; its now more of a "Well, they gave it a try" versus "Jesus, is this crap is stupid!"

Looking forward to the spring and summer, to hear more about lightin' up the Kingsfords!!!! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Unfortunately I have to listen to the show via Podcast, but I usually get 80 percent
of it done before I leave the office at 3. The guys have been doing a good job getting
the files up there pretty quickly, better than early on anyway. I'm curious as to how
things are going to flow after football goes away. I am trying to pick up on the Hawks
but need to do a better job catching them on TV occasionally to help the acumen. The
Bulls aren't worth talking about lately so hopefully they can pull it together after the All
Star break. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm 

All of the Taco Bell talk led me to google something:
http://www.tacomac.com/
If you guys ever do a remote in Tennessee or Georgia for some odd reason... :idea: :lol:

Another idea...instead of ALSers, how about BWSers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T8Gxk7vbec

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Macthians? Macatholics? Macaholics? Meatballs? (you are the King, afterall) :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 pm 

Macaroons

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:04 pm 

the fuckin raykons are eating my weed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Ike, when are we going to be able to party with you? I shall bring the weed! Thus no long making the Raykons a factor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
<dierdorf> As long as I keep praising the prowess of a John Paul Jones on the ivories and blacks or the sonic boom rhythyms of a John Henry Bonham I shouldn't be going anywhere fast! </dierdorf>

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Macthians? Macatholics? Macaholics? Meatballs? (you are the King, afterall) :P

Mac-Its?

(say it fast)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:45 pm 

it doesnt matter where the weed is the fukin raykons are everywhere.

sorry it just came to mind cause i get to watch Trailer Park Boys : The Countdown To Liqour Day tonite! from the best tv show on the planet. i havent seen this second movie yet, it looks amazing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I think Spiegel is starting to work will with Mac.

On the show today, I think Spiegel was hoping the Jets would lose this weekend, Mac says you have a kindred spirit in a caller today, they guy gets on and basically says he has followed Mac everywhere, then says he hopes the Jets lose too. I almost thought when the guys says he likes Mac and follows that's what it was, but then after a couple of minutes, Mac says I don't like to pay myself on the back, and Spiegel says yea right well probably have that first part of the call as a re-join tommorow.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:03 pm 

reents wrote:
I think Spiegel is starting to work will with Mac.

On the show today, I think Spiegel was hoping the Jets would lose this weekend, Mac says you have a kindred spirit in a caller today, they guy gets on and basically says he has followed Mac everywhere, then says he hopes the Jets lose too. I almost thought when the guys says he likes Mac and follows that's what it was, but then after a couple of minutes, Mac says I don't like to pay myself on the back, and Spiegel says yea right well probably have that first part of the call as a re-join tommorow.

put down the crack pipe and run away

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Houston Homer wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Thankfully I'm working now (yay!) but I've been missing the show. What's the Dierdorf thing? Is he being called out for being a dumbass? I've been calling him Dierdork for years....I don't see how that could get stale! :lol: He's HORRIBLE!

HH,

The "Dierdorf thing" is Mac doing an imitation of Dierdorf.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:03 am 

I know some here hate it and want Mac to move on, but at Dougs show I got a Teinowizc impression out of him that was fantastic.