It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Trust me, I know Mac knows he's the one in the wrong here. With "friends" like Mac, who needs enemies.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 am 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Trust me, I know Mac knows he's the one in the wrong here. With "friends" like Mac, who needs enemies.

Oh Ok. I was skeptical but if you trust you, I cant really argue.

Putting Mac aside for a moment. Terry needs to retire or get on meds for whatever he has.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:19 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

Oh Ok. I was skeptical but if you trust you, I cant really argue.

Putting Mac aside for a moment. Terry needs to retire or get on meds for whatever he has.

That may be true about Terry, his reactions to having a "friend" push his buttons is a little over the top. However, you must admit that the crumudgeon role is part of his schtick and some see it as part of his charm. There are a lot of 50+ year olds that are tired of life like he is and relate to his routine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Magnus Buchan wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:
I think your intention is to have Mac throw his meat into the back of your throat with his balls across your nose.you're way to caught up in his daily musings to not have him t-bagging you

Wow, what a pathetic chunk of fumundacheese you are. Posting at 9:30 on a Saturday night.

I guess STU-GOTZ nothin'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was on the shitter taking a Magnus and wiping my ass with a Buchan and anyone over 21 would know that the bars don't even get started till after 11 ;OO PM so you still have 8 years till figure that out . Your a mult anyway so what do you care.

I think your a guy we all know anyway and in Keeping Score fashion will figure you out as I have an idea who you are. Watch your spelling and punctuation as I have you done to 2 guys..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:28 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
miss a little...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 am 

Magnus Buchan wrote:

That may be true about Terry, his reactions to having a "friend" push his buttons is a little over the top. However, you must admit that the crumudgeon role is part of his schtick and some see it as part of his charm. There are a lot of 50+ year olds that are tired of life like he is and relate to his routine.

I have no problem with Terry hating life. If thats his schtick and people like it, good for him.

But Im not gonna vilify Mac for Responding to Terry's on air whining. Terry not only brought it up on air, he kept at it like a woman nagging.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 am 

Terry gave as close to an apology as he can later in the day when he talked about Mac earning the right to vent on him because of how Terry used to treat Mac back in HFC days.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Terry gave as close to an apology as he can later in the day when he talked about Mac earning the right to vent on him because of how Terry used to treat Mac back in HFC days.

Great, now we're just waiting for Mac's apology.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Magnus Buchan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Great, now we're just waiting for Mac's apology.

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 am 

Just listened to the transition segment from Friday, and Terry was lying so badly, it was ridiculous. I heard Bernsy tell him several times Mac was buying the tickets, and he kept saying it was still bad. I'm a fan of B&B, but Terry is really being a bitch about this whole roast.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:29 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Just listened to the transition segment from Friday, and Terry was lying so badly, it was ridiculous. I heard Bernsy tell him several times Mac was buying the tickets, and he kept saying it was still bad. I'm a fan of B&B, but Terry is really being a bitch about this whole roast.

Selective hearing is a nice way of saying that someone only listens to what they want to hear, or, worse, masks everything they hear with what they expect the other person is really saying. Regardless of what the true expression of the other person is, the selective hearer only ever hears within their own frame of reference (often a victim mentality)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:56 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Selective hearing is a nice way of saying that someone only listens to what they want to hear, or, worse, masks everything they hear with what they expect the other person is really saying. Regardless of what the true expression of the other person is, the selective hearer only ever hears within their own frame of reference (often a victim mentality)

Please remove TB's schlong from the grasp of your jaw.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 pm 

You guys don't take too kindly to other points of view, do you?

That's called selective cognition and it can be quite debilitating. Fortunately, in this case, its on a subject that doesn't mean a hoot either way. But you should be careful. Man, I'd love to play poker with some of you guys. Candy/baby.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:

That's called selective cognition and it can be quite debilitating. Fortunately, in this case, its on a subject that doesn't mean a hoot either way. But you should be careful. Man, I'd love to play poker with some of you guys. Candy/baby.

I like you better as Gloopan Kuratz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Magnus Buchan wrote:

In my best Bernstien voice.."Have a fucking point and maybe someone can help yoooooooooou". You make no point and to go further, whatever your trying to say makes no sense and next to Linda S. your the biggest dumbass on the board but I encourage you to keep giving us a dumbass side of what we think you are trying to say. . Your an insult to guys like Evil Jack .At least he has points . I would guess this is a Hoffy Mult.

The only point you have made is that your a fucktard.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm 

I just listened to the transition piece. It seems like the board made much more out of it than the hosts.

...and it seems to be underdiscussed what Terry was really saying. He is pissed at the station for forcing this upon him rather than asking. This, along with some of the other recent decisions by management, have Terry feeling disrespected at the station.

It wasn't REALLY about the table. The table was just a vehicle to vent his unhappiness.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I just listened to the transition piece. It seems like the board made much more out of it than the hosts.

...and it seems to be underdiscussed what Terry was really saying. He is pissed at the station for forcing this upon him rather than asking. This, along with some of the other recent decisions by management, have Terry feeling disrespected at the station.

It wasn't REALLY about the table. The table was just a vehicle to vent his unhappiness.

The station can't "force" this on Terry.

When was the last time he was "forced" to the Taste of Chicago or the Auto Show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Shouldn't you be teaching your kids something worthwhile instead of worrying about what Boers can or can't do?

And its probably in his contract that he can be "forced" to partake in an event such as this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Shouldn't you be teaching your kids something worthwhile instead of worrying about what Boers can or can't do?

And its probably in his contract that he can be "forced" to partake in an event such as this.

Kids go to school Frank. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ah, I see. Not like they can't have any sort of obligation on a Sunday morning then. Got it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:56 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The station can't "force" this on Terry.

When was the last time he was "forced" to the Taste of Chicago or the Auto Show.

They force him to do Who Needs Two Tavern Tour. I understand this is different. Why does he feel he had no say in the matter?

The best part of that transition has not been mentioned in the myriad threads on the topic: Dan reminding Terry that the SCORE was built on the physical interaction between on air talent and listeners. It is something the staion and its hosts have largely forgotten.

All I can say is thank god for Mike North. He was the one who preached getting out among the masses. Mac supported this belief. Imagine a SCORE with Terry as its centerpiece, as was originally intended. Sports radio would have been an entirely different medium in this city.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
GD,
Excellent post! I thought that Coppock was originally slated to host,though. I remember when Terry annouced he was quitting the Times for the SCORE. I thought he was nuts. Back then,a newspaper job was a lot more prestigous (in my mind) then a tiny watt radio station gig.