It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
Quote:
For the Score's 10th Anniversary Show at the Hard Rock Cafe, not too many of the hosts had a problem mingling with the fans. Troglodyte Terry preferred to press the flesh with Dane Placko backstage.
gunna disagree here. saw them at a bar during the tavern tour; bernstein ran out the door at 6:00 PM like his hair was on fire, and boers stood around jawing with some drunks for a good 10 minutes.

hes a weird old man. he doesnt have normal human relationships. hes said multiple times he doesnt want or need any friends. then u expect him to be roasted? they all shot themselves in the foot on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I wonder how hard Terry has to work at these remotes. E.g., if crowds bug him, if he'd rather be in a quiet corner typing out a column... how hard is it to do a radio show and maybe work the room a little at these remotes? If you have phobias or a predisposition against doing such things, then its harder work than you think...

Hypothetical: let's say "Who needs Two" doesn't do a series of remotes next year, and B&B spend their time in the studios. Who might be very, very happy? My guess is: Terry.

Anyway, it was awkward. I wonder if Murph would come sit at Mac's table if invited? That can make for some fun radio! Have him do some berating... that could be fun.

(I think I understand some of Terry's pov. But he does keep it buried and you have to read a lot between the lines.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I just thought of this...

Murph is still listed as a personality on the Score's site...and he is still doing commercials...so apparently there's still a connection...

What if they are keeping him around...just for the roast...and Terry knows this...thus why he doesn't want to do it...

</conspiracy theory>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
I've been to many remotes, and Terry seems very uncomfortable. I'm not trying to talk smack about him, it just is not his thing. Many public "personalities" are actually very introverted when not performing in whatever way. Terry has been very cordial to me, but did not seem particularly interested in talking. Dan is usually up for a discussion on a long break, but when the show is done, he has a family to get home to. He isn't going to sit around and get loaded with fans the majority of the time. I know this is different then many sports radio hosts, but that is the way they roll.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:33 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Drop In wrote:
I've been to many remotes, and Terry seems very uncomfortable. I'm not trying to talk smack about him, it just is not his thing. Many public "personalities" are actually very introverted when not performing in whatever way. Terry has been very cordial to me, but did not seem particularly interested in talking. Dan is usually up for a discussion on a long break, but when the show is done, he has a family to get home to. He isn't going to sit around and get loaded with fans the majority of the time. I know this is different then many sports radio hosts, but that is the way they roll.

I remember at the WSCR 25th anniversary party at Real Time Sports, Terry wore a Bears jersey with the name "Speck" on the back, for serial killer Richard Speck. Very strange.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:21 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Scorehead wrote:
I remember at the WSCR 25th anniversary party at Real Time Sports, Terry wore a Bears jersey with the name "Speck" on the back, for serial killer Richard Speck. Very strange.

Long story short, it goes back some time to when they were making fun of Doug for looking like Richard Speck (which, I'll have you know, in the picture they were referring to, he damn sure did, though his tits weren't quite as nice as Speck's).

If your memory isn't a sieve like mine is more and more, you likely will recall the number on the jersey was, obviously, #55. It was actually a very funny running gag ... not Larry Horse funny, but then again, what is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Scorehead wrote:
Drop In wrote:

Wait, WSCR has been around since '85? Was there an underground version that we're un-aware of? :?

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don't think Dan or Terry would be big on doing the roast. Neither of them like being the joke. Bernstein won't care because he believes he is better than everybody else. If somebody cross his line he'll try to get them back too. Terry would try to justify himself and then get angry. They were the big dogs at the station that's, changed and they don't like it. They've never liked when the tables are turned.

This is also on the heels of the no Greenstein yes drinky/goff fill in hosting. So Terry may feel like Mac is getting special treatment. I also don't think he trusts Mac enough not to cross that fine line between humor and humiliating him with his table. I think Mac's intention was to support them and have a night out but I don't think Terry trusts that. B&B don't like any of this being dragged out in the open either. JMO.

Could be an act too. They put Friday transition on the featured stuff on the Score's webpage.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Spaulding wrote:
I don't think Dan or Terry would be big on doing the roast. Neither of them like being the joke. Bernstein won't care because he believes he is better than everybody else. If somebody cross his line he'll try to get them back too. Terry would try to justify himself and then get angry. They were the big dogs at the station that's, changed and they don't like it. They've never liked when the tables are turned.

This is also on the heels of the no Greenstein yes drinky/goff fill in hosting. So Terry may feel like Mac is getting special treatment. I also don't think he trusts Mac enough not to cross that fine line between humor and humiliating him with his table. I think Mac's intention was to support them and have a night out but I don't think Terry trusts that. B&B don't like any of this being dragged out in the open either. JMO.

Could be an act too. They put Friday transition on the featured stuff on the Score's webpage.

No, Mac's intention was to push Terry's buttons and throw red meat to the ALSers on this board...plain and simple.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:11 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Long story short, it goes back some time to when they were making fun of Doug for looking like Richard Speck (which, I'll have you know, in the picture they were referring to, he damn sure did, though his tits weren't quite as nice as Speck's).

If your memory isn't a sieve like mine is more and more, you likely will recall the number on the jersey was, obviously, #55. It was actually a very funny running gag ... not Larry Horse funny, but then again, what is.

Ahhh. Yea, I vaguely remember that.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:14 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Drop In wrote:

Wait, WSCR has been around since '85? Was there an underground version that we're un-aware of? :?

Good catch. Was it 10 0r 15 years when they had the 2 big partys, the first of which was at the Hardrock I believe, & the second was at Real Time Sports?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Wait! I attended some special SCORE function at the Blues Brothers Bar in Mt. Prospect a few years ago. Does anybody remember what that was for? Mitch Rosen said "hi" to me in a minor "Brush with Fame".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Magnus Buchan wrote:
No, Mac's intention was to push Terry's buttons and throw red meat to the ALSers on this board...plain and simple.

I don't think so. You can ask him or keep assuming you know or keep trying to be a dick. It's a free country, you can be as wrong as you'd like as often as you'd like.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
So is the Heavy Fuel reunion still on? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Beef Rockmore wrote:
It's really quite simple: Terry doesn't like human interaction.

For the Score's 10th Anniversary Show at the Hard Rock Cafe, not too many of the hosts had a problem mingling with the fans. Troglodyte Terry preferred to press the flesh with Dane Placko backstage.

There was a break during that show. Terry and Jiggs went out, I followed because I too am not a fan of crowds. Bill Peterson was out there and he and Boers were chatting. This was when CSI first came out, but I didn't watch much TV and had never seen the show. As far as I was concerned, he was just a guy. We were all pretty much leaving each other alone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:39 pm 

Beef Rockmore wrote:
It's really quite simple: Terry doesn't like human interaction.

Isn't this a bit odd considering the fact Terry is in the business of communicating & interacting with people? Maybe he's like Johnny Carson. Johnny was an unhappy recluse who just wanted to be left alone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:55 pm 

Drop In wrote:
Many public "personalities" are actually very introverted when not performing in whatever way.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
I was at the 15th Anniversary show, and won a trip for two to Riviera Maya Mexico. Eight days, & seven nights, all inclusive. We were there to watch the Bears in the Superbowl. They had a giant, maybe 300 foot wide screen down on the beach, but I decided to stay in my room and watch the game. I didn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of people while watching the game. We drank a shit load of tequila and margaritas. Swim up bar too!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Jack Bauer wrote:
We drank a shit load of tequila and margaritas.

You and Terry?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:07 pm 

Terry went and watched it on the beach. He was greeting everyone letting them know that he was kind of a big deal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I think your intention is to have Mac throw his meat into the back of your throat with his balls across your nose.you're way to caught up in his daily musings to not have him t-bagging you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:29 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

I don't think so. You can ask him or keep assuming you know or keep trying to be a dick. It's a free country, you can be as wrong as you'd like as often as you'd like.

Extremely Well Said.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:16 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

You are as naive as the rest of them. Ask him and he'll give you the BS he gave earlier about being in the zone on the show and not knowing he's even on the radio and just talking to friends. Give me a break, he's an ego-centric goofball who was pushing a "friend's" button to get a reaction from you and a handful of others here. He succeeded in that but also betrayed a "friend" and committed PTFB radio of the highest order. This board is in his head and is dictating his show and that isn't good. Ask him...are you kidding? I guess you're another one fresh off the turnip truck. He is a dumbass but he's smarter than his ALSers, which is why he keeps playing to that mentality...won't be good long term.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
I think your intention is to have Mac throw his meat into the back of your throat with his balls across your nose.you're way to caught up in his daily musings to not have him t-bagging you

Wow, what a pathetic chunk of fumundacheese you are. Posting at 9:30 on a Saturday night.

I guess STU-GOTZ nothin'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:22 am 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

You are as naive as the rest of them. Ask him and he'll give you the BS he gave earlier about being in the zone on the show and not knowing he's even on the radio and just talking to friends. Give me a break, he's an ego-centric goofball who was pushing a "friend's" button to get a reaction from you and a handful of others here. He succeeded in that but also betrayed a "friend" and committed PTFB radio of the highest order. This board is in his head and is dictating his show and that isn't good. Ask him...are you kidding? I guess you're another one fresh off the turnip truck. He is a dumbass but he's smarter than his ALSers, which is why he keeps playing to that mentality...won't be good long term.

I'm curious why you think Boers read this board.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:38 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

I'm curious why you think Boers read this board.

You must be kidding, I'm talking about Mac, not Boers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:16 am 

Mac has known Terry long enough and visited enough times on Terry's back deck to know what Terry likes and doesn't like. He stated himself that he was recruited by management to get Terry on board with the roast and that Terry wouldn't let him forget that. Re-read Mac's opening post in this thread.

He can't be "in the zone" and thinking he's in the basement with friends one minute and then taking Boers to task for allegedly not hearing something. Maybe you all get in a zone and Terry fell into one Thursday afternoon.

Where Mac wants this drama to play out on this board and during transition, I doubt Terry wants to do the same. Many here have stated that it was awkward radio, maybe scrutiny should be directed at who initiated it? I thought Terry's statements were quite telling in that he doesn't want to do the event, didn't feel he was given a choice, and here is his "friend" who convinced him to do it making his "discomfort" a public spectacle.

And no, Terry doesn't warm up to everybody. But to his credit he's very consistent with who he is and that doesn't always make for warm fuzzy moments or scintillating radio. For those that know him that is his charm.

Mac should put his friendship with Terry before the radio station, not the other way around.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:34 am 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
And no, Terry doesn't warm up to everybody. But to his credit he's very consistent with who he is and that doesn't always make for warm fuzzy moments or scintillating radio. For those that know him that is his charm.

Mac should put his friendship with Terry before the radio station, not the other way around.

If a Roast to celebrate him and the show is too much, then he's in the wrong business. Its actually pretty funny. The Roast is perfect for a show that roasts people daily. They should have never let him do the show from home. That should have been the tell tale sign that he is no longer qualified for such a public position.

I dont understand his issue. It sounds like he has Social Anxiety Disorder but that would go against his entire career. The Wrestling manager thing, covering the NBA, HFC etc. If he devoloped the problem recently than he needs to retire. A person with social anxiety disorder or whatever Terry has is not qualified to be in the position he's in.

Any sentiment that Mac should have talked to him off the air is flawed, being that Terry chose to bring up the weird issue on the show the day before after Mac was gone.

Please dont cry for Terry, who went out of his way to make this an on air issue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:42 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

If a Roast to celebrate him and the show is too much, then he's in the wrong business. Its actually pretty funny. The Roast is perfect for a show that roasts people daily. They should have never let him do the show from home. That should have been the tell tale sign that he is no longer qualified for such a public position.

I dont understand his issue. It sounds like he has Social Anxiety Disorder but that would go against his entire career. The Wrestling manager thing, covering the NBA, HFC etc. If he devoloped the problem recently than he needs to retire. A person with social anxiety disorder or whatever Terry has is not qualified to be in the position he's in.

Any sentiment that Mac should have talked to him off the air is flawed, being that Terry chose to bring up the weird issue on the show the day before after Mac was gone.

Please dont cry for Terry, who went out of his way to make this an on air issue

Mac brought it up and Boers gave him crap about it after that day's transition. Mac then escalated it aggressively and ridiculously the next day. Terry is no innocent but Mac is the arsehole on this one.STop defending him when he even he knows he was a jerk. Karma's a bitch and he gets it back every day in ways only he knows.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 am 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Mac brought it up and Boers gave him crap about it after that day's transition. Mac then escalated it aggressively and ridiculously the next day. Terry is no innocent but Mac is the arsehole on this one.STop defending him when he even he knows he was a jerk. Karma's a bitch and he gets it back every day in ways only he knows.

What do you mean Mac brought it up? Asking for the seats? That didnt make it an issue. Terry's bitching made it an issue.

Stop defending him when even he knows he's a jerk? What are you talking about?

Why are you talking like you know something or are more informed. You know nothing and youre too scared to post under your actual username, which is pathetic.

Ive ripped Mac many many times on this board. This has nothing to do with anyone being a Mac ALSer. It has to do with Terry's weirdness and why he brought it up on the air.