It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
DegenerateDave wrote:
The Afternoon Saloon can start taking the boards off the windows. I'm back as I am sure many others will be.

Let's not get nuts. If you are a fan of B&B, what happened today that would make you change your mind? Terry being a pud? He's been that way for the last 5 years. CJH hasn't changed anything has it? Carmen is still Bernstein-lite, and Harry is still the same boring kiss ass he always was.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Yeah. It's going to take a lot more than Terry bitching to send me over to that...."show"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Terry's Peeps wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
The Afternoon Saloon can start taking the boards off the windows. I'm back as I am sure many others will be.

Let's not get nuts. If you are a fan of B&B, what happened today that would make you change your mind? Terry being a pud? He's been that way for the last 5 years. CJH hasn't changed anything has it? Carmen is still Bernstein-lite, and Harry is still the same boring kiss ass he always was.

I will tell you what happened today that pushed me over the line. It was something I had been debating for a while:

1) He is a disingenuous (sp?) pud that even life long (or at least 15 + year) friends can't even figure out or truly get close to.

2) He equates the "people on the message board" to the mouth breeder dumb callers that they have on their show.

3) He offers no defense for his stance even when presented with the fact that the argument could be made that Dan was indeed PAYING for the seats.

It has just made me realize that our listening to their show is not appreciated or maybe even in Terry's mind wanted. I would rather listen to a show that, despite the madman rantings of a fat ass horse faller offer, at least appreciates their fandom and does not go out of their way to insult our intelligence.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

Last edited by DegenerateDave on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
DegenerateDave wrote:
2) He equates the "people on the message board" to the mouth breeder dumb callers that they have on their show

In his defense he's probably right.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 pm 

Darkside wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
2) He equates the "people on the message board" to the mouth breeder dumb callers that they have on their show

In his defense he's probably right.

I have a hard time with anybody just lumping an entire group of people into one category darkie. Sure I'm an idiot, but I have higher regard for many of you here than Terry gives any of you credit for.

I'm feeling very generous with compliments and apologies today (hormonal), but this message board contains some extremely intelligent and creative people that should never be underestimated.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Quote:
I have a hard time with anybody just lumping an entire group of people into one category darkie.

If someone didn't know you were talking to Darkside, this sentence would be really funny.

This has to be someone's signature.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:03 pm 

Time Traveling Bunny wrote:
Quote:
I have a hard time with anybody just lumping an entire group of people into one category darkie.

If someone didn't know you were talking to Darkside, this sentence would be really funny.

I am at my best when my humor is not intentional.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:07 pm 

The saloon sucks as much as it did on monday.

I think this episode will be great for the SCORE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
DegenerateDave wrote:
I would rather listen to a show that, despite the madman rantings of a fat ass horse faller offer, at least appreciates their fandom and does not go out of their way to insult our intelligence.

I don't need to be appreciated by a host or show, I just need to be entertained. Despite Terry's asswipe-ish-ness, I find him a much better listen than Happy Harry.

Of course, I also find the emergency alert system a better listen than the "fat ass horse faller offer". :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Benny's on 26th in Berwyn
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Yeah. It's going to take a lot more than Terry bitching to send me over to that...."show"

+ 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Sure, Terry is ornery but Mac was putting on a show for the ALSers here who clearly lapped it up.

I respect Terry more because he is his own man, Mac is so self-conscious and cares so much what a couple dozen people here think that it gives him tunnel vision. You guys could get him to do anything if he thought you'd love him even more at the next tailgater.

There is a big audience out there and they don't care one iota about this crap. Boers knows that and sounds embarrassed to be a part of it. Mac has no idea because he just races back here to see what the ALSers think of his performance. Very transparent and kind of sad, really.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:05 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Sure, Terry is ornery but Mac was putting on a show for the ALSers here who clearly lapped it up.

I respect Terry more because he is his own man, Mac is so self-conscious and cares so much what a couple dozen people here think that it gives him tunnel vision. You guys could get him to do anything if he thought you'd love him even more at the next tailgater.

There is a big audience out there and they don't care one iota about this crap. Boers knows that and sounds embarrassed to be a part of it. Mac has no idea because he just races back here to see what the ALSers think of his performance. Very transparent and kind of sad, really.

Boers kicked off this crap yesterday.

Your agenda is clear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:09 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:

So it's perfectly ok in your books for Terry to take cheapshots at Dan without (supposedly) knowing all the facts and then when brought up, deny that he ever said it? His whole excuse was based on the semantics of whether he thought Bernstein said "I think Mac paid" or "I know for a 100% fact that Mac paid". Either way, he was given the possibility that Mac paid and chose to ignore it and continued to rail him. Bush league

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:10 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

Boers kicked off this crap yesterday.

Youre agenda is clear.

Mac started it by bringing the whole subject up yesterday, knowing Boers wouldn't want to talk about it. But its clear he was successful in reeling in you ALSers who are all torqued up about this...

The original ALSer:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
You can dislike someone as a person, but admit they are in the right about a situation. Give it a try Magnus, it can be therapeutic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Im afraid to post this under my normal username so i dusted off an old shitty mult

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:13 pm 

Bullshit, Magnus. It didn't really occur to me today that I was even on the air after the Hub segment at 10. Once Ozzie was on, in my head, I was in my basement with friends. Spiegel and the staff kept feeding me that vibe so I kept running with it. I'm better when I don't give a shit.

Boers is a friend and I try to keep my friends so if hammering it out publicly is what I chose, I'll live withthat. Wasn't interested in anybody's approval here or anywhere else, including the hallways at work. I know there are many who don't give a damn.... but I was only interested in reeling in somebody I care about it and since we're both "public," that may as well be public.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:14 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
You can dislike someone as a person, but admit they are in the right about a situation. Give it a try Magnus, it can be therapeutic.

Relisten to today's transition and ask yourself if it wasn't a huge put-on by Mac. Plus he was overly confrontational about it the whole time. Boers said he didn't hear Bernstein say he paid for it yet Mac kept pushing. Even if Boers did eventually hear Bernsie yesterday he clearly didn't want to talk about it but Mac wanted to push his buttons. I don't think Boers is perfect here but Mac is the instigator.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:17 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Relisten to today's transition and ask yourself if it wasn't a huge put-on by Mac. Plus he was overly confrontational about it the whole time. Boers said he didn't hear Bernstein say he paid for it yet Mac kept pushing. Even if Boers did eventually hear Bernsie yesterday he clearly didn't want to talk about it but Mac wanted to push his buttons. I don't think Boers is perfect here but Mac is the instigator.

Mac told him he was paying for it in transition YESTERDAY if you relisten - so I guess Terry did not hear that either, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Magnus Buchan wrote:

You just want a reaction from Mac, Magnus, which as I'm typing this it looks like you've accomplished.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

So to hell with even entertaining the mere possibility that Dan McNeil, a guy he has known for probably over 15 years now and has been known to have deep pockets for his friends - would ever even consider digging into his own pockets to pay for these seats? :roll: : Now you are really reaching to whack Mac.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm 

ChgoSportsFreak wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Mac told him he was paying for it in transition YESTERDAY if you relisten - so I guess Terry did not hear that either, right?

I was referring to yesterday. Hey its just my opinion and what I heard. Mac was just a little too excited to get it on today to really be a friend of Boers'. Mac was in it for himself...but again, just my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Why do you guys bother with this person?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:21 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
And let's not forget, who could look into those beautiful blue eyes of Mac's and think for a minute that his motives could be questioned. COME ON!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Why do you guys bother with this person?

+1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:22 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
I was referring to yesterday. Hey its just my opinion and what I heard. Mac was just a little too excited to get it on today to really be a friend of Boers'. Mac was in it for himself...but again, just my opinion.

I see. And Terry's perpetual bashing of Dan yesterday showed that Dan is invited to come do karate in Terry's garage anytime? Cmon Magnus. You can't have it both ways.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 pm 

I didn't say Boers was without some guilt but you guys are playing as if Mac is completely innocent. They're both guilty of being jerks to supposed "friends" and you ALS ers fall for it like a ton of bricks. Some of you guys must get your news from the Enquirer...this is why the country is screwed up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:28 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
ChgoSportsFreak wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

To steal a line from Don Tiny - Are you daffy?

I put YESTERDAY in CAPS for you - Mac told Terry he was going to pay for it YESTERDAY.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:35 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:

completely lost on you that Terry is suffering anxiety over the roast because he fears how others view him

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:36 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

completely lost on you that Terry is suffering anxiety over the roast because he fears how others view him

Not at all gd, I understand that. So does Mac, his supposed friend of 15 years, who won't drop it and keeps bringing it up to him on the air....nice guy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next