It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:12 pm 

Boers denies that he heard Bernstein say "Mac is paying for it".

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
Terry's the most miserable son of a bitch walking the earth.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Mac's pissed. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
no message board love from boers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
You ever get the feeling that maybe Terry needs some quality time on a couch with several therapists? It seems Mac is trying to get him to get on the sofa on air. He ain't going there girlfriend. Terry is not willing to open up and it bothers Mac that he can't get Terry to show a different side of his personality.

Terry looks like a foolish old tard. I can sympathize with Terry not wanting to show public love or emotion if it is not something he is comfortable with. I don't think I would go about acting as he has to prove whatever he is trying to prove.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:23 pm 

No sound at work :(

Watched the webstream though

Mac's face was bright red about 2 seconds into transition.
He did at least 5 full out Face Palms

Recap?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Well, the transition was delisciously tense and uncomfortable.
Mac, well done. I love how you went right for the throat. Awesome. I bet not many people do that to him. Case in point...
Meatpants. Serioulsy dude, grow a couple balls already. I know you're probably a eunich due to the whole singing thing but goddamn let the boys fight already. Look dude, we learned in 1st grade that when a couple guys are fighting, you crowd around the fight and yell "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!". You don't go running to the teacher and you sure don't pull them apart. Terry didn't need you to give him excuses. He sure didn't need you to defend him. He was looking pretty good where he was, cornered. You kinda screwed Mac on that. So there.
Look how Berns handled it. Just quietly observed.
P.S. I bet this let to a nice ratings bump for the transitions. This is a good thing. Let 'em have at it Meat.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:24 pm 

-Terribly dumb excuse/cop out
-Cant give any rationalization for why he doesn't want to event to begin with
-Props to Berns for letting them have the floor
-Screw you Spiegs for jumping in to mediate, giving TB a way out

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Villa Rosa - Edgebrook
Mac was dead on with the listening is an art thing. And what the hell would it matter if he said he was going to buy the table or not. Mac was just having some fun and Terry got all worked into a froth.

Boers obviously was some sand in his vagina about stuff going on at the station.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
"I have neither the time nor the desire to hold the hand of a man who is approaching 60, but acts 12"

Wow. Couldn't have been easy to get out Mac, but seems like it needed to be said from someone who listens to both your shows everyday

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
spanky wrote:
Boers denies that he heard Bernstein say "Mac is paying for it".

Thats the ultimate fucking copout. Bernsie only said it 6 fucking times. What a miserable old bastage. Maybe he can be on the ISDN line in his Mokena bunker for the roast too.

Go after him, McFish. I may be an ALS'er but you certainly are NOT in the wrong here.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Mac,

One of the reasons that I have always liked your show is you don't pull any punches. I'm happy to see that you didn't pull up on any today either.

Terry has become a parody of himself. He is beginning to show the first signs of Chet Coppock Disease. It starts with paranoia that everyone is out to get you, not realizing when people are trying to help you, challenging people from the safety of a radio studio or a home studio and then deny, deny, deny when the comments are thrown back in your face.

Mac don't give him the satisfaction of having a forum to air his ridiculous opinions. He has that for 5 hours a day as it is already.

It's clear that he views the people that post on this board with the same disregard that he does the mouth breather callers.

Fuck You Boers. The 90's called and they have your relevance waiting for you.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Terry kept saying that it was fine if Mac paid for the table. What difference does it make if he paid for it or not?

I thought that nobody could ever look as bad as Terry did yesterday, but I was wrong. He topped yesterday's performance today. What a miserable prick.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Mac brings it right to Terry's doorstep and Terry backs down. Bernsie said to him over and over again during the segment(and again on tape today) that Mac is paying for it. Terry does sound like a tired, bitter old coot now. And anyways, when Terry was ranting about the table he said "whatever" about Mac paying for the table but still went on to rant about how he would never do that at another persons event, regardless. Mac tried to prod him but Terry put up the wall and tried to shut it down as soon as he could. The kitchen seemed to get a little to warm for Ole' Terry...even all the way in Mokena.

Terry's lame as defense about the table thing was weak as hell but his blabbering about not wanting to do the Roast was very very strange indeed. Bernsie was real quiet during the whole thing too, which was cool. Speigal should have shut the fuck up and let it roll.

Terry sounded like a bewildered fool during this segment. Mac should have played the tape during the transition. Terry has to pissed about the way things are going "down at the station", of course how would he know because he never leaves his house to do the damn show.

1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Boers came off as an insecure, bitter tool,

Spigel needed to STFU, and all Bernstein did was backpeddel. He would crucify someone else for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

A7X wrote:
Boers came off as an insecure, bitter tool,....all Bernstein did was backpeddel. He would crucify someone else for that.

This is why I cannot and will not listen to B&B. I'd honestly rather listen to Tiny do nothing but his silly games for 3 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
A7X wrote:
Boers came off as an insecure, bitter tool,....all Bernstein did was backpeddel. He would crucify someone else for that.

This is why I cannot and will not listen to B&B. I'd honestly rather listen to Tiny do nothing but his silly games for 3 hours.

I don't really think you want to watch my silly games .... oh, wait .... :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:46 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
A7X wrote:

The Afternoon Saloon can start taking the boards off the windows. I'm back as I am sure many others will be.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:02 pm 

I have not had a chance to listen at all today, but look forward to hearing this on the podcast tonight.

Yeah I am sure the Saloon is just going to be busting at the seams now! :roll:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
DegenerateDave wrote:

The Afternoon Saloon can start taking the boards off the windows. I'm back as I am sure many others will be.

Lol, let's not get crazy here. It's still the same Terry and the same B&B. Dan will steer the ship and Terry will do the repeater and offer his own thoughts on rare occasions. Just because the douche that Terry is has come to light, dont' change the show at all

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Wow, all this is making my suggestion that the roast is a secret ploy by Drinky to torpedo Terry all the more reasonable if this whole scene is causing people to PTFB on B+B.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Wow, lots of double posts!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wow, lots of double posts!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Wow, Ivan is a jackass! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I think when they are wrong when they say the average listener doesn't want to hear this, I think it makes more people want to listen.

For Terry- I just think he wants to go to work, do his job, and then go home, doesn't care about the extra stuff or do it, some people are like that.

On Dan's side- It's like these people want to do something nice for you, and Terry doesn't want, Dan is saying that these people are working hard for you, so enjoy it. It makes it tough sometimes.

They will probably have the roast, Boers will probably hate it, but show up and leave as soon as he can.

Spiegel, I think just wanted to keep the peace.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
DegenerateDave wrote:

Let's not get nuts. If you are a fan of B&B, what happened today that would make you change your mind? Terry being a pud? He's been that way for the last 5 years. CJH hasn't changed anything has it? Carmen is still Bernstein-lite, and Harry is still the same boring kiss ass he always was.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Yeah. It's going to take a lot more than Terry bitching to send me over to that...."show"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:50 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Let's not get nuts. If you are a fan of B&B, what happened today that would make you change your mind? Terry being a pud? He's been that way for the last 5 years. CJH hasn't changed anything has it? Carmen is still Bernstein-lite, and Harry is still the same boring kiss ass he always was.

I will tell you what happened today that pushed me over the line. It was something I had been debating for a while:

1) He is a disingenuous (sp?) pud that even life long (or at least 15 + year) friends can't even figure out or truly get close to.

2) He equates the "people on the message board" to the mouth breeder dumb callers that they have on their show.

3) He offers no defense for his stance even when presented with the fact that the argument could be made that Dan was indeed PAYING for the seats.

It has just made me realize that our listening to their show is not appreciated or maybe even in Terry's mind wanted. I would rather listen to a show that, despite the madman rantings of a fat ass horse faller offer, at least appreciates their fandom and does not go out of their way to insult our intelligence.

Last edited by DegenerateDave on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
DegenerateDave wrote:
2) He equates the "people on the message board" to the mouth breeder dumb callers that they have on their show

In his defense he's probably right.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 pm 

Darkside wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
2) He equates the "people on the message board" to the mouth breeder dumb callers that they have on their show

In his defense he's probably right.

I have a hard time with anybody just lumping an entire group of people into one category darkie. Sure I'm an idiot, but I have higher regard for many of you here than Terry gives any of you credit for.

I'm feeling very generous with compliments and apologies today (hormonal), but this message board contains some extremely intelligent and creative people that should never be underestimated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next