It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 pm 

Is the O'Donnell article trying to say that Mc Neil is pulling something similar to what North did ten years ago?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
good dolphin wrote:
The truth is Mitch deserves a lot of credit for reprogramming the station over the last year and the resulting success.
If he is the mastermind behind it I agree.

good dolphin wrote:
Is the O'Donnell article trying to say that Mc Neil is pulling something similar to what North did ten years ago?
If he is it seems he is off base. If anything Mac seems to be on board with the whole fraternity feel and work with all the other shows, and is genuinely pleased that all shows are on top. Mac probably also believes he is somewhat responsible for this new success (partial credit, not full credit granted). North never seemed to embrace anyone else and would throw some of his own under the bus if they stole his spotlight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ironic that the alleged 'bitch' is in the same column, and she's 'CREATIVE'.

Intriguing......

Creative Lissa Druss Christman has resigned from Comcast SportsNet to join the expanding Culloton Strategies. Besides crisis and sports management, Culloton, it is believed, has also been a key imaging strategist for the Ricketts family during its acquisition of the Cubs

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: sausage
Mitch rosen told me he has his eye on me.
does that mean I'm the next host?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
beni hanna wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The truth is Mitch deserves a lot of credit for reprogramming the station over the last year and the resulting success.

good dolphin wrote:
If he is it seems he is off base. If anything Mac seems to be on board with the whole fraternity feel and work with all the other shows, and is genuinely pleased that all shows are on top. Mac probably also believes he is somewhat responsible for this new success (partial credit, not full credit granted). North never seemed to embrace anyone else and would throw some of his own under the bus if they stole his spotlight.

POST OF THE WEEK!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
spadaesq wrote:

I think that would be more advertising dollars then you think.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:42 pm 

spadaesq wrote:

Bernstein is not some rookie Assistant State's Attorney in Traffic Court....

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:44 pm 

spadaesq wrote:

Why didn't you cop David Hernandez out in Federal Court?
THAT would have been FREE PUB!!!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

good dolphin wrote:

POST OF THE WEEK!

agreed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
mel junior wrote:

Shooter O'Donnell: You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Ya'll eat pieces of shit? What's the basis...

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
My wish: Bernstein & Goff. That would be phenomenal, IMO.

Bernstein and Hood.

Terry's not going anywhere. Although he could live a lifetime in Mokena with what he makes in a year at the Score, that gig is easy money. Even at age 60 you don't turn down easy money.

They were great together before Hood got the boot. The 2 guys with the most sports knowledge in the city would be great.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm 

Time Traveling Bunny wrote:
Terry on air complained about Goff and Drinky not getting enough air time!

Did I miss something, by the way? They were kinda hinting at the O'Donnell column and Terry said something like, "I thought it was Lawrence," then Kerry Sayers coughed, and Damana said, "it's me, I'm the toadstool." I just thought the "I thought it was Lawrence" seemed a little odd, just two days after Terry accused Lawrence of having a crush on Bernsie. Please come back soon, Beardown.

I am pissed that I missed this. Wow!

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I remember O'Donnell ripped Kornheiser when his show first aired in Chicago, saying it wouldn't last. He turned out to be right, and Kornheiser spent the majority of his first (or one of his first) shows complaining about being criticized.

It lasted quite a while. I still lay awake at night wondering how Mr. Tony's been doing on the golf course and if he's ever graduated up to the 2 lb. dumbbells for his morning workouts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:01 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
I remember O'Donnell ripped Kornheiser when his show first aired in Chicago, saying it wouldn't last. He turned out to be right, and Kornheiser spent the majority of his first (or one of his first) shows complaining about being criticized.

It lasted quite a while. I still lay awake at night wondering how Mr. Tony's been doing on the golf course and if he's ever graduated up to the 2 lb. dumbbells for his morning workouts.

But once Don MacNeal chimed in...it was curtains for Mr. Tony :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
I would love to hear Goff & Hood do 6-10 at night on the Score.

Yeah. I remember when Goff used to produce for Hood. They had some good basketball talk.

I remember Goff getting some guy on the air with Hood that was a complete racist when it came to Mexicans and Hood went into his Mike North character and started playing Sinatra.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Mr. Tony's was the only national show I've ever listened to regularly.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Didn't Mac have a 1 year deal? He is trying to make a power move even though there are very few options available? Doesn't sound smart.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:10 pm 

I would say Mac made a smart move by doing a one year deal in this economy. He also can show the Saloon's ratings, with and without him. Combine that with the escalating ratings of the current show, and WSCR as a whole. In the words of Mr. Herbert........Jackpot.

Keep in mind, I am not a part of the Mac ALS, if you'll pardon the expression.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Regular Reader wrote:
But once Don MacNeal chimed in...it was curtains for Mr. Tony :(

Here comes Mackey's mailbag...

I guess Tony K. was on here for longer than I thought. I wasn't a fan.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
But once Dan McNeil chimed in...it was curtains for Mr. Tony :(

Here comes Mackey's mailbag...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:29 pm 

Drop In wrote:
I would say Mac made a smart move by doing a one year deal in this economy. He also can show the Saloon's ratings, with and without him. Combine that with the escalating ratings of the current show, and WSCR as a whole. In the words of Mr. Herbert........Jackpot.

I understand that but I doubt he has the option of MVP. Does he try to go the North route? That looks a lot like Chet bouncing all over the place. His only true option is probably WSCR. He needs a host that will challenge him too.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
HOVA wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Didn't Mac have a 1 year deal? He is trying to make a power move even though there are very few options available? Doesn't sound smart.

The only thing Mac confirmed when he addressed the Jim O'Donnell column today, is that he's "got 5 months left on his contract" with the SCORE. He denied talk about rumored changes with the lineup...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:31 am 

HOVA wrote:
Drop In wrote:

I understand that but I doubt he has the option of MVP. Does he try to go the North route? That looks a lot like Chet bouncing all over the place. His only true option is probably WSCR. He needs a host that will challenge him too.

I'm not saying Mac did a one year to ultimately negotiate with 1000. He negotiated a deal in the worst economy since the great depression. Especially for high paid radio hosts! Mac is bringing ratings wherever he goes. Good for him. Even though much of his show isn't my deal. Sorry Mac. I will still go point for point with Mac at a Hawks game if he wants to throw out a Da Ma Na Hawk Tickat to Drop In and his wife.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:58 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
The comments keep getting better on that article.

This guy is pathetic, but I am laughing my ass off at him right now thinking of him eating Chinese Food in his mother's basement.

That has been my point. I feel like I know most media people in this town. When I heard "that guy" saying stuff, I had to laugh and say Who?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:58 am 

pizza_Place: Carmines NYC
Mac North MacNorth same shit. different day... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:05 am 

Mind Grapes wrote:
Mac North MacNorth same shit. different day... :wink:

Olbermann, O'Reilly, same thing. :roll: Listen much?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Drop In wrote:
HOVA wrote:
Drop In wrote:

I'm not saying Mac did a one year to ultimately negotiate with 1000. He negotiated a deal in the worst economy since the great depression. Especially for high paid radio hosts! Mac is bringing ratings wherever he goes. Good for him. Even though much of his show isn't my deal. Sorry Mac. I will still go point for point with Mac at a Hawks game if he wants to throw out a Da Ma Na Hawk Tickat to Drop In and his wife.

Some negotiating.... "Mac, we'll give you one year at $100 k, take it or leave it" "OK"

Career toadstool...LMAO. He even looks like one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Career toadstool...LMAO. He even looks like one.

Your posts have reached a new low.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:01 am 

1 year deal was a gamble and it paid off because of the success of the show. Why couldnt he go back to 1000? B&B is barely beating the saloon now and Mac is beating S&W. Mac goes back to 1000 with the idea that he and Jurko beat B&B and S&W go back on top the mgmt at 1000 would be foolish to turn this down. Score people would be dumb to let this happen.
He really didnt burn any bridges, except for Harry who would take anything he could get to stay on, he has no options.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I don't think Mac would want to go back to AM1000.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next