It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 am 

ever since the shitstained sox went to the score i have become a part time listener. pretty much from march to november you can write off the score completely, unless its a late night hour with one of the groupies.... god i hate whitesox baseball, at least its only for half a year :roll: even worse they have to talk about it all day long even if a game isnt on. "oh this guy might do good because he lost all of his steroid weight" or "hey this guy is feeling good, he will probably have a good year!" or "have you talk to this guy? hes saying all the right things so that means he will probably have a good year!" HELLO NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:00 pm 

hey jelousy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:18 pm 

danny m. just said that caller was "1 foot in the grave already" hahaha wow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 pm 

Ike--would you rather listen LoHo at night then listen to W/Sox Baseball in summer?-if answer is yes-Seek HELP FAST!!!! :alien:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
missing your murph fix?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 pm 

Glendale Heights Brian wrote:
Ike--would you rather listen LoHo at night then listen to W/Sox Baseball in summer?-if answer is yes-Seek HELP FAST!!!! :alien:

i would probably die of a heart attack from the excitement of a news announcement saying loho is replacing whitesox baseball. i already dan ma neil my fingers trying to change the station so fast.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I think the White Sox are staying right where they are right now. I think 670 The SCORE will announce an extension of their radio rights deal with the Sox around the All-Star Break. While the Sox may be intrigued about going to the FM side, I think Uncle Jerry remembers what happened when 105.9 FM "Fresh"-ened their format and moved the Bulls off the former WCKG and back on ESPN Radio 1000 a year after going FM. Moment of silence please for 'CKG...Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Are the ratings on WSCR for White Sox broadcasts higher or lower than LoHo or whoever would be on the air if the Sox weren't on the Score?
I would be fine is the Score got rid of NIU, Depaul, & the Sox. I PTFB for all 3.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 pm 

Yes, White Sox baseball is far worse than hearing in the second half of the season/post season baseball of the excuses made by Cubs and Cubs faithful why YET AGAIN they couldn't get it done.

Except for last night's hockey game; I haven't tuned into WGN in about 12 years; and that's even when the Cubs are NOT in season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Are the ratings on WSCR for White Sox broadcasts higher or lower than LoHo or whoever would be on the air if the Sox weren't on the Score?
I would be fine is the Score got rid of NIU, Depaul, & the Sox. I PTFB for all 3.

There was something in Ed Sherman's "Business of Sports" blog at chicagobusiness.com, Scorehead, in which the Sox had the 9th most listeners of any baseball broadcast on radio, averaging about 122,700 listeners a week according to Arbitron.

As for NIU football & basketball, along with DePaul hoops, I've got one word to say about them all...BORING!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

There was something in Ed Sherman's "Business of Sports" blog at chicagobusiness.com, Scorehead, in which the Sox had the 9th most listeners of any baseball broadcast on radio, averaging about 122,700 listeners a week according to Arbitron.

As for NIU football & basketball, along with DePaul hoops, I've got one word to say about them all...BORING!

Although the NIU/DePaul stuff is better to listen to than the Sporting News Radio feed. That crap is just plain awful when they use it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
SHARK wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

But are the ratings for White Sox broadcasts on WSCR higher or lower than the programs that would be on the air without the Sox?

For the record, the Cubs on WGN draw about 750K listeners per game.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:17 pm 

Misery loves company.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
IkeSouth wrote:
god i hate whitesox baseball, at least its only for half a year :roll: even worse they have to talk about it all day long even if a game isnt on. "oh this guy might do good because he lost all of his steroid weight" or "hey this guy is feeling good, he will probably have a good year!" or "have you talk to this guy? hes saying all the right things so that means he will probably have a good year!" HELLO NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO!

Ike, have you thought of going on Whad'ya Know?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 am 

i just want to add. the whitesox on the score is like mud in clean carpet, i mean who the fuck has ever heard of white mud at that? does the score realize how many times i get off work, flick on bitch and bitch, only to hear danny b. say "and thats it for us! hey hey! stay tuned for chris rongy and white" AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! and its not even rongys fault. he is good shit. white sox are shit. you cant mix shit with minge juice and expect it to still taste mingy. and another thing, the score should take the white sox and put them in spanish after 1am, thats the only people that listen to it anyway. furthermore, if you take da pregame bullshit and add dat to da postgame bullshit you still have da middle of da game bullshit and you got yourself a bullshit sandich for like 6 hours if ure lucky U KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN bitches. to complicate the matter, you have mullme and handme doin a number on the old mental attitude my mind feels like its been thrown over the counter and reamed indefinitely or until the spanish version of latin postgame ends at 2am. i now choose between sporting news radio and townestone, its not about the rate its a about rape. r. a. P. e. like the whitesox. on the score. the end.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This guy seriously cannot be real.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ike, you're preaching to the choir, although Olympic hockey and blackhawks talk intrigues me.

Baseball talk is like baseball itself - like watching/listening to grass grow.

I've got bad news for you though... the Fall might not bring much relief, as the Bears are already planning for the lockout.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:54 pm 

yeah but the lebron james and the bulls will be gearin up around that time. itll be all good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
yeah but the lebron james and the bulls will be gearin up around that time. itll be all good.

That's true... the Bulls offseason will be as captivating as watching a car get hit by a train. But most of the pissing down the leg by the Bulls 'braintrust' (and I use the term loosely) will be done during the NBA Draft when they trade 'glue guy' Kirk and during free agency in July.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:10 pm 

I can live with the game broadcasts, but baseball games are not worth these marathon pre and post game shows. There is not enough new information to fill these shows and keep them entertaining. They are worth 10 minutes, at most, apiece.

Add to that White Sox Weekly and regular Sox talk on the regular shows, and it must drive all but the hardest-core Sox fan to another station. On a weekend the whole day can be WhiteSox Weekly, pre-game, game, and post-game. At some point late Ozzie's kid does it all over, except in Spanish.

All this Sox airtime is a result of the deal they had to made with Reinsdorf to get the actual games. He pantsed the Score just like he pantsed Grant, Pippen, Thomas, and everybody else he deals with.

Ike is right.