It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3/5
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Bears like to bring a free agent in and not sign them?

Awesome.

Post subject: Re: 3/5
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
:?:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Wrong Section?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:20 am 

They made the comment. They believe it is likely the Bears don't sign Taylor and Peppers.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:23 am 

HOVA wrote:
They made the comment. They believe it is likely the Bears don't sign Taylor and Peppers.

I thought they were just saying what a few other people have been saying this morning. That it's not a done deal yet and they'll believe it when they see it. I agree...

Taylor is more than likely signed but Peppers could be using this for a bigger payday elseware. That's not a crazy thought, IMO...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Today would be a great day for Spiegel to be fired or reaasigned. There's a lot going on and his giggling and singing gets in the way of SPORTS TALK. Sports talk on a sports station... who would have thunk it. These two teenage wannabe's are sending me down the dial. I'd rather listen to Tom Waddle talk about the Bears without all the nonsense.. I'll be back for B&B.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:28 am 

I couldn't imagine he would come here and not sign. After day 1 the price usually drops. The Bears aren't stupid enough to bring him in when they don't have some form of an agreement.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
HOVA wrote:
I couldn't imagine he would come here and not sign. After day 1 the price usually drops. The Bears aren't stupid enough to bring him in when they don't have some form of an agreement.

I hope you are right. This could bring the leadership up to a new level of incompetency now that it's public knowledge they are flying him in today etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
HOVA wrote:

I thought they were just saying what a few other people have been saying this morning. That it's not a done deal yet and they'll believe it when they see it. I agree...

Taylor is more than likely signed but Peppers could be using this for a bigger payday elseware. That's not a crazy thought, IMO...

According to the Lombardi from Nfl network if the guy comes here 1st then he generally wants to be here & will sign here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:29 am 

Generaly, likely, maybe.....but not done yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:07 pm 

These two clowns keep spewing on how this move (signing of Julius Peppers) reeks of desperation. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO??? If the Bears did nothing in free agency, these same two clowns would be all over them for not having a sense of urgency and relying on 3rd and 4th round draft picks to fix the team. This is a good move by the Bears. They are fixing a position that needs to be fixed. Not only that, but the signing of Manumaleuna and potential signing of Chester Taylor are also great moves. I don't think the sole reason the Bears are making these acquisitions are because jobs are on the line but also because they know that the current team sucks and needs to be fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 pm 

ECManny wrote:
These two clowns keep spewing on how this move (signing of Julius Peppers) reeks of desperation. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO??? If the Bears did nothing in free agency, these same two clowns would be all over them for not having a sense of urgency and relying on 3rd and 4th round draft picks to fix the team. This is a good move by the Bears. They are fixing a position that needs to be fixed. Not only that, but the signing of Manumaleuna and potential signing of Chester Taylor are also great moves. I don't think the sole reason the Bears are making these acquisitions are because jobs are on the line but also because they know that the current team sucks and needs to be fixed.

Damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 pm 

Elar wrote:

So true.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:14 pm 

Bears fans are idiots. They would complain if they did nothing but complain when they go get the best available. Should they have just gone with mediocre? Fans would complain then, as well...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:16 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Bears fans are idiots. They would complain if they did nothing but complain when they go get the best available. Should they have just gone with mediocre? Fans would complain then, as well...

Very true.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Abortions for everybody!
Boooo!

Very well, abotions for nobody!
Boooo!

Hmm...Abortions for some, miniature American Flags for others
Yaayyy!!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mac, I'm sure you meant to say Zack Randolph, but you did say that Rudy Gay went to MSU.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Julius Peppers is supposed to be the best of a less than spectacular free agent class, and even though ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on his Twitter account that the deal between the big defensive tackle and the Bears could be a done deal later this afternoon, I'll believe it when I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 pm 

SHARK wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on his Twitter account that the deal between the big defensive tackle and the Bears could be a done deal later this afternoon, I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think the Bears are going to fax you the signed contract.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Julius Peppers is supposed to be the best of a less than spectacular free agent class, and even though ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on his Twitter account that the deal between the big defensive tackle and the Bears could be a done deal later this afternoon, I'll believe it when I see it.

end....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 pm 

It's believed that there are 2 other teams who have expressed interest in Peppers...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 pm 

As long as they stop trading draft picks I'm fine with what they are doing.

However, they are acts of desperation by a lame duck regime trying to do anything it can to win enough games to keep their jobs next year.

How long has Jerry Angelo been here? He's never been this active in free agency. Isn't his biggest free agent signing Mushin? Now all of a sudden we're going after anyone we can.

If only they had been this desperate when Kurt Warner or Drew Brees were available.

The bigger question is why did we choose this year to suddenly become a major player in free agency?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:34 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
As long as they stop trading draft picks I'm fine with what they are doing.

However, they are acts of desperation by a lame duck regime trying to do anything it can to win enough games to keep their jobs next year.

How long has Jerry Angelo been here? He's never been this active in free agency. Isn't his biggest free agent signing Mushin? Now all of a sudden we're going after anyone we can.

If only they had been this desperate when Kurt Warner or Drew Brees were available.

The bigger question is why did we choose this year to suddenly become a major player in free agency?

Muhsin Muhammad did sign for a lot of money, Rick, when he came here. While he didn't exactly pay dividends on the field, he did score a Regional Emmy for that "Countdown to Kickoff" show he co-hosted with Comcast SportsNet's Pat Boyle a few years ago...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:36 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Muhsin Muhammad did sign for a lot of money, Rick, when he came here. While he didn't exactly pay dividends on the field, he did score a Regional Emmy for that "Countdown to Kickoff" show he co-hosted with Comcast SportsNet's Pat Boyle a few years ago...

SHARK your nudgets and tidbits are great. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:39 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

SHARK your nudgets and tidbits are great. :lol:

Dan, I'm being very honest with you about Muhsin winning a Regional Emmy for that show he did when he was here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:40 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Dan, I'm being very honest with you about Muhsin winning a Regional Emmy for that show he did when he was here.

I honestly did not know that. I appreciate your commitment to providing information to us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:41 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

Don't confuse the crap that meatpants is saying for what Bear fans think. His whole negative attitude is a joke because if they didnt do it he would rip them for that too, but I think most Bear fans dont care if it is looks desperate to him, this would mean two years in a row they got a top free agent. Plus they got the TE they wanted and are pursuing Taylor. They are doing what they can, and Bear fans appreciate it. Let meatpants keep comparing them to the 1980's yankees, I doubt anyone else will.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:45 pm 

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Don't confuse the crap that meatpants is saying for what Bear fans think. His whole negative attitude is a joke because if they didnt do it he would rip them for that too, but I think most Bear fans dont care if it is looks desperate to him, this would mean two years in a row they got a top free agent. Plus they got the TE they wanted and are pursuing Taylor. They are doing what they can, and Bear fans appreciate it. Let meatpants keep comparing them to the 1980's yankees, I doubt anyone else will.

It's not just Meatpants. This morning on M&H they took a call from some moron who was pissed and said the Bears shouldn't be signing these guys because they have so many holes to fill. What? Then he proceeded to name these positions which happened to be three of the ones THAT THEY ARE FILLING TODAY! What the hell are they supposed to do? They don't spend money and everyone says they are cheap. They (hopefuly) sign the #1 Defensive FA and everyone is all of a sudden concerned about money? It's ridiculous...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 pm 

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Spiegel's opinion doesn't amount to a mouthful of spit. He's fucking terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
ECManny wrote:
Elar wrote:

So true.

You're right, but that's sportstalk 101. Play both sides, keep the phones lit up, and debate both sides of the argument. Hell, Bob Collins became a millionaire with this philosophy.