It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:47 pm 

i thought i would try to recede me concessions about ditching the score altogether for the summer, again, but i figured "eh, lamb of god isnt as great as they used to be" so i try to listen. did someone shoot these pricks with animal tranquilizers? get mack back on chantix or somethin, this is why mike norph was the shit. you dont have nuthin to talk about ILL GIVE YOUTZ MATERIAL hahahaha. stupid fuckin whitesox. "im a die sox hard genius, and i listen to the score." give me a second to pass out and choke on my own vomit from the rips on my bong as try and get more energy then what this show is bringing to the table. at very least norph made you feel crackheady. i think i can hear speigs eating in the background. growing bigger like damn many's tongue as it swells up from being in the uv rays too long. idiots. reruns of 'yes, dear' are fucking hilarious, while the score sounds less exciting the national public radio. HERES YOUR LEADIN DANNY B. AND SOX FANS, like a iron ball thrown right at your spine. take that afternoon saloon, ill be waiting, out there, in the street. in front of the palace. drunk. with a sombrero in the winter to cover up my personality.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
IkeSouth wrote:
with a sombrero in the winter to cover up my personality.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What does that even mean?

This has to be someone's signature.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
IkeSouth wrote:
i thought i would try to recede me concessions about ditching the score altogether for the summer, again, but i figured "eh, lamb of god isnt as great as they used to be" so i try to listen. did someone shoot these pricks with animal tranquilizers? get mack back on chantix or somethin, this is why mike norph was the shit. you dont have nuthin to talk about ILL GIVE YOUTZ MATERIAL hahahaha. stupid fuckin whitesox. "im a die sox hard genius, and i listen to the score." give me a second to pass out and choke on my own vomit from the rips on my bong as try and get more energy then what this show is bringing to the table. at very least norph made you feel crackheady. i think i can hear speigs eating in the background. growing bigger like damn many's tongue as it swells up from being in the uv rays too long. idiots. reruns of 'yes, dear' are fucking hilarious, while the score sounds less exciting the national public radio. HERES YOUR LEADIN DANNY B. AND SOX FANS, like a iron ball thrown right at your spine. take that afternoon saloon, ill be waiting, out there, in the street. in front of the palace. drunk. with a sombrero in the winter to cover up my personality.

Ike can we be BFFs? Seriously man. I'm not opposed to kicking my son out and letting you move in. Nope. Not at all. Nope.

I just need you to get rid of your White Sox hatred and we'll be all good.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
How could you not like Wrath or Sacrament? that makes no sense...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
doug - evergreen park wrote:
How could you not like Wrath or Sacrament? that makes no sense...

+1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:57 pm 

sacrament was awesome. wrath isnt bad, but its overbaked. much like the new devil driver... its like theyre trying just a little too hard. its still awesome stuff, but its not all time classic. but seriously, anyone can listen to too much LoG and you realize they aint SHIT compared to pantera. nobody ever will be, and that is so sad. its like im in metal hell....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
sacrament was awesome. wrath isnt bad, but its overbaked. much like the new devil driver... its like theyre trying just a little too hard. its still awesome stuff, but its not all time classic. but seriously, anyone can listen to too much LoG and you realize they aint SHIT compared to pantera. nobody ever will be, and that is so sad. its like im in metal hell....

R.I.P dimebag!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:59 pm 

A7X wrote:

R.I.P dimebag!

:cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know. Why don't these fucking psychos just off themselves. No, the cocksucker takes out a guy, who by all accounts was the sweetest guy you'd ever wanna meet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
A7X wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

R.I.P dimebag!

This post made me put on the Pantera station here at work.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:23 pm 

A7X wrote:
I know. Why don't these fucking psychos just off themselves. No, the cocksucker takes out a guy, who by all accounts was the sweetest guy you'd ever wanna meet.

its just because pantera was the best metal band ever. he was pissed, and stupid. i was happy enough with damageplan, i understand that great things dont last. i was just happy to see dimebag and vinny continue on (phil just doesnt have the same chemistry ever since he left pantera). now that the jimi hendrix of metal is gone forever, its time for a new band to take their place its just crazy nobody is even trying. hendrix was 40 years ago and his style only lives through his recordings, and i fear the same will happen for pantera. fuck it ill do something about all that you all wait.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

pantera and log are so different in my mind that they don't even compare as one being "better" than the other.
pantera was more chunk and groove based. and with the exception of the obvious nod to pantera with the song "Redneck" Chris Adler will tell you straight up that he prefers to play at 200bpm or faster.
no grooving at 200bpm...just punishment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pantera and log are so different in my mind that they don't even compare as one being "better" than the other.
pantera was more chunk and groove based. and with the exception of the obvious nod to pantera with the song "Redneck" Chris Adler will tell you straight up that he prefers to play at 200bpm or faster.
no grooving at 200bpm...just punishment.

Once again Doug we agree entirely. Redneck is an obvious nod to Pantera. LOG's other songs are nothing like Pantera.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
IkeSouth wrote:
i thought i would try to recede me concessions

Tell me someone else started reading this in pirate voice after that line.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:30 pm 

i wasnt comparing the two- its just that log is the closest thing there is to pantera today. sad as that is. not so much the music thats similar, but their voices. i mean they dont sound the same but if you know the mechanics of screaming theyre very much similar in their talent level. i still give the nod to phil though, cemetary gates pretty much kills any debate. the range he had in his 20's was unbelievable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. Phil pretty much lost it when he discovered smack.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

yeah...and Randy can't actually sing anyway.
btw: I totally agree with you on Devildriver. Their 1st album is just so damn good...but, they'll never evolve.

I don't know...Great Southern Trendkill is pretty fkn awesome.

Between the Buried and Me albums:
Alaska. Colors. and The Great Misdirect are all crazy good!!!!!
Alaska is sick good. Colors was probably the best metal album of 2007 imo. and I'm still digging into the great misdirect but it's sweet too.

They're a little different. sort of Jazz-Hardcore. like a prog-metal version of Faith No More.

I fkn love them though.

Alaska

just listen to all 6 minutes...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beween the Buried and Me are scary good. How many bands in that genre can pull off 50 changes in a 5:00 song?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:42 pm 

great southern trendkill makes me feel warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza can...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WvvPmgdhaw

this video is sick. camera shot of Layne's (guitar player) hands from the headstock.

note the Corrosion of Conformity T-Shirt...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm 

yeah...and Randy can't actually sing anyway.

thats a problem with all of the new metal bands. the growling used to be fill, now its the main course. i really dont prefer it. i liked it better when guys would give it everything they got instead of trying to sound like something they think they should.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

I call them Cookie Monster bands.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:55 pm 

A7X wrote:
I call them Cookie Monster bands.

i like it (that phrase). its why everyone says metal is "shit" because the vocals today really are shit. i think there is some amazing instrumental talent out there in the metal world, but the vocals are incredibly anemic. thats why any metal voice that has some sort of range usually makes it pretty far these days...