It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kentucky Derby 2024
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Even though Fierceness is the most talented horse in the field, I don't think he gets it done. He has been on and off with his races and is going to run into problems with the large field if he does not get out in front early. If he pushes too hard too early, he won't have enough left at the end. So either he will burn himself out or get stuck in traffic. Being temperamental, Fierceness will not do well in traffic.

Sierra Leone will have all that traffic to work through too around the turn and down the stretch as a late runner. He'll hit the board but not win the race.

I prefer Catching Freedom and Stronghold in this spot. I think Brad Cox will have Catching Freedom ready. Stronghold is a gritty horse that won't be deterred by traffic. He will be digging in down the stretch. Stronghold won his maiden at Churchill in a $120K maiden race at 1 mi last October.

40% chance of rain expected for Saturday at Churchill. I hate the wet Kentucky Derbys. It throws everything off.

Post subject: Re: Kentucky Derby 2024
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
If the track is wet tomorrow, the pick to click is Society Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-4_-9CLpsA

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 1:10 pm 

Good luck to all who pertake this weekend!!! Looks a little damp.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:27 am 

Happy Derby Day!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

1933:

2024:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:01 am 

Randy Moss talked about Sierra Leone and how in the stretch the horse slams toward the rail.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
Randy Moss talked about Sierra Leone and how in the stretch the horse slams toward the rail.

If I were the racing czar what happened there wouldn't be an infraction. You had two horses acting like the herd animals they are and trying to dominate one another. Both riders were doing their best to get the horses off each other and neither jock did anything dangerous.

But I'm not the czar and if that same situation had occurred in a first level allowance race on a Thursday at Ellis Park, there's no doubt Sierra Leone is dropped a spot.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:43 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

If I were the racing czar what happened there wouldn't be an infraction. You had two horses acting like the herd animals they are and trying to dominate one another. Both riders were doing their best to get the horses off each other and neither jock did anything dangerous.

But I'm not the czar and if that same situation had occurred in a first level allowance race on a Thursday at Ellis Park, there's no doubt Sierra Leone is dropped a spot.

It is real problem for this horse and they better hope it doesn’t cost them in a big way one of these times. They were hoping he would mature out of it but I don’t think so.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

It is real problem for this horse and they better hope it doesn’t cost them in a big way one of these times. They were hoping he would mature out of it but I don’t think so.

We might see a rider change. Gaffalione might be took weak to handle this horse. Manny and Jose seemed to do better keeping him in a line.

I don't know if you follow Jonathan Stettin. He generally has a good opinion, but he fell in love with Sierra Leone back in January. I heard him talking about how he didn't like Forever Young's action. I was thinking, "Are you kidding, guy?" Sierra Leone throws his left leg out like he's doing the hokey pokey.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:05 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

We might see a rider change. Gaffalione might be took weak to handle this horse. Manny and Jose seemed to do better keeping him in a line.

I don't know if you follow Jonathan Stettin. He generally has a good opinion, but he fell in love with Sierra Leone back in January. I heard him talking about how he didn't like Forever Young's action. I was thinking, "Are you kidding, guy?" Sierra Leone throws his left leg out like he's doing the hokey pokey.

:lol: