It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Delta Downs Jackpot
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
The past few years have been great as a preview to potential Derby runners. Also, this race ends the Pick 4 sequence which has one of the lowest takeouts around. My choice in the race will be a longshot - The 1 (Pat On The Back) - horse is versatile. Has won from off the pace, as well as up front. I think the only way he wins this one will be to get to the front, and since he is coming the 1 hole, he will have to get on the lead to avoid getting pinched in.

Race 4
https://www.docdroid.net/Drc1nSh/deltad ... 6.pdf.html
I like (4) Rise Up as a single. Castellano on him.

Race 5
https://www.docdroid.net/1hiJmEu/deltad ... 6.pdf.html
Everyone will be on (3) Truth Or Else, but I am more interested in (5) I Came To Party as a longshot and (10) Black Bear.

Race 6
https://www.docdroid.net/Y4fBQMF/deltad ... 6.pdf.html
Probably the most difficult of the races in my opinion. I like quite a few here. Doug Oneil wouldn't ship a horse from California with just a maiden win under their belt unless he felt the horse was live, so for some reason I am leaning with (8) Shane's Girlfriend. Bob Baffert's horse (2) Jilly is a toss out for me. Can't think of any of horses that his wife owns that have been worth a damn. And why didn't he send Bejerano to ride her?

Race 7
https://www.docdroid.net/1bHYM4x/deltad ... 6.pdf.html
As mentioned, I like the longshot (1) Pat On The Back. I also like Baffert's horse (8) Hot Sean.

So if you want to do a 50 cents Pick 4, here's how I am going to play it:

R4: 4
R5: 3, 5, 9, 10
R6: 1, 8, 9 ,10
R7: 1, 2, 6, 8

Total cost $32

Post subject: Re: Delta Downs Jackpot
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
They look to really throw up some pace in there. I cashed a big bet on Thirstforlife in his last out and he took heat most of the way and hung on at the same distance. This looks to be a much stronger field with a lot of horses wanting to be near the lead. I think the Romans horse has a big chance to fly by everyone late.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:38 am 

i don't like Truth Or Else. Just a personal thing. When I didn't buy in, it won. When I did, fucking tanked.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
4th Great Minds has some back class
5th Truth or Else to short to play
6th Dude Fantasy Good Jock 3 in a row
7th Pat on the Back 10-1 ( the only one on here that will pick a double digit horse! ) 5 races 3w and a 2nd what's not to like?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:58 am 
Site Admin

I'm interested in a couple horses at Churchill today. In the sixth, a maiden special, I like Charlie LoPresti's first starter, Socata.

Also, there's a nice allowance race carded as the eighth that features Dazzling Gem and Cherry Wine, both of whom are going to suck up a lot of money. Of course, either one could win. They're both good horses. But I just hate a horse like Cherry Wine that lacks all early speed, especially at a buck sixteenth, and Dazzling Gem just got beat badly and finished behind Papa Zulu who is also in the field. I'm looking at the horse off the rail, Kismet's Heels. He came to Casse out of the Pletcher barn and showed huge improvement. With an operation as large as Pletcher's it's easy for a good horse to fall through the cracks. Kismet's Heels was strong at the distance in his last on the grass at Keeneland. Now he tries dirt for the first time. I expect him to be moving fastest of all late in the race and the longer stretch at Churchill should help him even more. He might be a fat price with the aforementioned pair in the race and people writing him off as a "turf horse".

Also, in the Bob Hope at Del Mar, I think Mastery will blow the fucking doors off California Diamond. Likely short price.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:00 am 
Site Admin

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
7th Pat on the Back 10-1 ( the only one on here that will pick a double digit horse! ) 5 races 3w and a 2nd what's not to like?

Dude, I'm guessing my guy in there, J Boy's Echo is going to be a better price than the 1 horse in spite of the morning line. Looks like Albarado stayed with your critter. Plus, spmack also likes Pat On The Back.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:36 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Dude, I'm guessing my guy in there, J Boy's Echo is going to be a better price than the 1 horse in spite of the morning line. Looks like Albarado stayed with your critter. Plus, spmack also likes Pat On The Back.

You think I pay attention to you two?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You think I pay attention to you two?

:lol: Fuckin' Walt.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:26 am 

Equibase likes Pat on the Back too.

don't forget Dangerfield...no respect.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:23 pm 

spmack wrote:
The past few years have been great as a preview to potential Derby runners. Also, this race ends the Pick 4 sequence which has one of the lowest takeouts around. My choice in the race will be a longshot - The 1 (Pat On The Back) - horse is versatile. Has won from off the pace, as well as up front. I think the only way he wins this one will be to get to the front, and since he is coming the 1 hole, he will have to get on the lead to avoid getting pinched in.

Race 4
I like (4) Rise Up as a single. Castellano on him. 4/5

Race 5
Everyone will be on (3) Truth Or Else, but I am more interested in (5) I Came To Party as a longshot and (10) Black Bear.

Race 6
Probably the most difficult of the races in my opinion. I like quite a few here. Doug Oneil wouldn't ship a horse from California with just a maiden win under their belt unless he felt the horse was live, so for some reason I am leaning with (8) Shane's Girlfriend. Bob Baffert's horse (2) Jilly is a toss out for me. Can't think of any of horses that his wife owns that have been worth a damn. And why didn't he send Bejerano to ride her?

Race 7
As mentioned, I like the longshot (1) Pat On The Back. I also like Baffert's horse (8) Hot Sean.

Total cost $32

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:39 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm interested in a couple horses at Churchill today. In the sixth, a maiden special, I like Charlie LoPresti's first starter, Socata.

Also, there's a nice allowance race carded as the eighth that features Dazzling Gem and Cherry Wine, both of whom are going to suck up a lot of money. Of course, either one could win. They're both good horses. But I just hate a horse like Cherry Wine that lacks all early speed, especially at a buck sixteenth, and Dazzling Gem just got beat badly and finished behind Papa Zulu who is also in the field. I'm looking at the horse off the rail, Kismet's Heels. He came to Casse out of the Pletcher barn and showed huge improvement. With an operation as large as Pletcher's it's easy for a good horse to fall through the cracks. Kismet's Heels was strong at the distance in his last on the grass at Keeneland. Now he tries dirt for the first time. I expect him to be moving fastest of all late in the race and the longer stretch at Churchill should help him even more. He might be a fat price with the aforementioned pair in the race and people writing him off as a "turf horse".

Also, in the Bob Hope at Del Mar, I think Mastery will blow the fucking doors off California Diamond. Likely short price.

WWN Picks Saturday race 1 Eurodevil 2ndRare art 7th America's Kitten 8th Dazzzling Gem 9th Holy Boss 10th Kitten's Roar...good luck what I sent a friend at CD today

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

WWN Picks Saturday race 1 Eurodevil 2ndRare art 7th America's Kitten 8th Dazzzling Gem 9th Holy Boss 10th Kitten's Roar...good luck what I sent a friend at CD today

I don't know why the boy put Kismet's Heels on the engine. All he had to do was relax him right behind the leaders and he would have exploded past to win easily. Hell, if they had gone another sixteenth of a mile he might have caught Dazzling Gem again. But there's no crying in horse racing. You have to have some luck in this game. I've won plenty of bets where I didn't have the best horse. It is what it is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:28 pm 

spmack wrote:

Race 4
I like (4) Rise Up as a single. Castellano on him.

Race 5

Race 6
Probably the most difficult of the races in my opinion. I like quite a few here. Doug Oneil wouldn't ship a horse from California with just a maiden win under their belt unless he felt the horse was live, so for some reason I am leaning with (8) Shane's Girlfriend. Bob Baffert's horse (2) Jilly is a toss out for me. Can't think of any of horses that his wife owns that have been worth a damn. And why didn't he send Bejerano to ride her?nice

Race 7

Total cost $32

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
spmack wrote:

Race 6

Hope yall cashed!!!! Told yall Doug Oneill wouldn't ship a maiden winner to race in a stakes unless he thought the horse was special.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:36 pm 

blew away the field. would've put something on it if it would've stayed at 7-2 or higher. 3-1 just didn't interest me enough.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: How in the hell is this horse the favorite?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 pm 

spmack wrote:
spmack wrote:

Race 6

Hope yall cashed!!!! Told yall Doug Oneill wouldn't ship a maiden winner to race in a stakes unless he thought the horse was special.

on something

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 pm 

got a feeling Hot Sean might be the winner...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:14 pm 

Spmack having a parade 1-4 :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I admire guys with the cojones to wager pick 4s. I have enough trouble with pick ones :lol: :lol: