It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Holy Bull
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Featuring top three year old Classic Empire.

http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/ ... lysis_123#

Hopefully this will be a horse race unlike whatever that was in the Pegasus.

Post subject: Re: Holy Bull
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Gunnevera I think the old Spmack gave us that one at Delta Downs...Empire's carrying 126 :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Gunnevera I think the old Spmack gave us that one at Delta Downs...Empire's carrying 126 :shock:

Do you think the Pletcher horse could somehow get loose on an easy lead and just run away from these at the short distance? Or is Irish War Cry (or someone else) going to be hanging all over him?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Do you think the Pletcher horse could somehow get loose on an easy lead and just run away from these at the short distance? Or is Irish War Cry (or someone else) going to be hanging all over him?

He might get loose on the lead

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I might drop a few bucks on him and hope that Classic Empire isn't at full tightness after being off so long. I won't be surprised if Classic Empire just takes the lead and crushes the field though. I know the modern fig handicappers don't really believe in the concept of "class", but I've seen many instances where a horse who is a presser or even a closer gets in an easy enough field and just goes right to the front never to look back.

Still, I'm sure Fact Finding is going out to the lead and if everyone else ducks and Velazquez gets a kind half, he might be tough to catch. Especially knowing that this race isn't a major objective for Classic Empire and they would probably be happy just grabbing a few points and getting him set up for the Florida Derby or whatever comes next for him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I thought this was going to be another DiCaro thread.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
man, with all these "insider" terms being casually tossed around to such an extent where it seems like JORR's veritably speaking another language, i can't help but wonder if horsemen came up with all this jargon for the sake of esoteria? ...or maybe it's just age-old vernacular that popped up organically, it's just that horse racing is so "oldschool" it's essentially insulated from n00bs trying to come in and apply modern terms/colloquialisms to a pastime where "oldschool" is king?

call it a hunch that there's still a [small/ish?] contingent of people who think that OTB is an abomination akin to T20 cricket =P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:35 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
man, with all these "insider" terms being casually tossed around to such an extent where it seems like JORR's veritably speaking another language, i can't help but wonder if horsemen came up with all this jargon for the sake of esoteria? ...or maybe it's just age-old vernacular that popped up organically, it's just that horse racing is so "oldschool" it's essentially insulated from n00bs trying to come in and apply modern terms/colloquialisms to a pastime where "oldschool" is king?

call it a hunch that there's still a [small/ish?] contingent of people who think that OTB is an abomination akin to T20 cricket =P

Is it any different than WAR OBP OBPS Quality starts?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:34 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I might drop a few bucks on him and hope that Classic Empire isn't at full tightness after being off so long. I won't be surprised if Classic Empire just takes the lead and crushes the field though. I know the modern fig handicappers don't really believe in the concept of "class", but I've seen many instances where a horse who is a presser or even a closer gets in an easy enough field and just goes right to the front never to look back.

Still, I'm sure Fact Finding is going out to the lead and if everyone else ducks and Velazquez gets a kind half, he might be tough to catch. Especially knowing that this race isn't a major objective for Classic Empire and they would probably be happy just grabbing a few points and getting him set up for the Florida Derby or whatever comes next for him.

this looks set up for classic empire to dominate. my guess is trifecta 3-1-8. or 3-1-5.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:04 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Featuring top three year old Classic Empire.

http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/ ... lysis_123#

Hopefully this will be a horse race unlike whatever that was in the Pegasus.

Piece of Shit

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:48 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Classic Empire was as much of a let down as Atlanta was in the SB.

I had the top three finishers in the tri-fecta, but with Classic Empire and Irish War Cry reversed. Instead of boxing the three, I keyed Classic Empire to win, believing the hype, when my instinct told me otherwise. If you looked at Irish War Cry's last race before the Holy Bull, he romped with no one even close to him. He was easily worth the 4-1 price, and I just blew it.

Irish War Cry has to be the Derby favorite now. Who else is in his class, except Gormley?

http://www.brisnet.com/content/2017/02/ ... elsewhere/