PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
My Derby pick McCraken 2-1,but quite a few at great odds with a chance

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: Sam F Davis
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I think Tapwrit has a big chance in that race. There should be a decent pace in there with him sitting right behind it. He's gonna have to get the jump on McCracken and hold him off, but I think he can. Also, if for some reason Wild Shot gets left alone on the front, he could be hard to beat.

I like two horses at GP on Saturday too. Almanaar exists to win that race. A lot of nice horses in there including his stablemate, but I think Brown has been pointing this one to this exact spot.

And Donwell should break his maiden going seven on the turf. I'd prefer if the race were a little longer, but it is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:27 pm 

Fact Finding is jumping off the page Triple Beyer plus the same connections as last years Destin Pletcher and Johnny V lookout

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Fact Finding is jumping off the page Triple Beyer plus the same connections as last years Destin Pletcher and Johnny V lookout

I don't think he wants much more than a mile. In fact, they might have scratched him from the Holy Bull to go here and set up the real horse, Tapwrit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:28 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think Tapwrit has a big chance in that race. There should be a decent pace in there with him sitting right behind it. He's gonna have to get the jump on McCracken and hold him off, but I think he can. Also, if for some reason Wild Shot gets left alone on the front, he could be hard to beat.

I like two horses at GP on Saturday too. Almanaar exists to win that race. A lot of nice horses in there including his stablemate, but I think Brown has been pointing this one to this exact spot.

And Donwell should break his maiden going seven on the turf. I'd prefer if the race were a little longer, but it is what it is.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
All in on King and his Court.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:57 pm 

Candid today @ Aqueduct. WWN, thoughts?

Also, JORR, EQB loves Donwell in R8 at GP. 5-1 odds currently. I'd watch for Beach Patrol in the 10th...never count out Hulk Hogan's Wrestlin Boot Travelin Band.

Elate in R8 at Tampa Bay is shitty odds, but probably the winner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:35 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Candid today @ Aqueduct. WWN, thoughts?

Also, JORR, EQB loves Donwell in R8 at GP. 5-1 odds currently. I'd watch for Beach Patrol in the 10th...never count out Hulk Hogan's Wrestlin Boot Travelin Band.

Elate in R8 at Tampa Bay is shitty odds, but probably the winner.

Hoping for 4-1 on Candid owner is high as hell on it pick 3 ...3/4/3-7 cost a buck did win an open allowance think he handles the raise good luck///I played a pick 4 3/3/4/3-7 good luck ...Tampa seems to be favoring closers McCraken No Dozing exacta box ..get em zack

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:22 pm 

as well she should! very nice race!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:28 pm 

W_Z wrote:
as well she should! very nice race!

5-1 Cha ching

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:48 pm 

https://twitter.com/TheNYRA/status/830528865747529729

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:54 pm 

3-5 on McCraken so tri key him with Fact Finding and No Dozing :(

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

nice one, JORR. makes up for Donwell!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Prediction: McCraken will never beat Tapwrit again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:01 am 

What did they do to my horse? Something was terribly wrong.

Either the jockey wasn't trying or the horse was drugged or both.

I would still take the horse if they ran that race again, because he was better than McCracken.

King and his Court ran the same 1 1/16 mi. distance in his last race, showing incredible late speed to finish around 1:45 flat. And he would have been even more dominant, had he not got bumped out of the gate. But he doesn't try in this race, because he was 45-1??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Prediction: McCraken will never beat Tapwrit again.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:58 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:

I would still take the horse if they ran that race again, because he was better than McCracken.

King and his Court ran the same 1 1/16 mi. distance in his last race, showing incredible late speed to finish around 1:45 flat. And he would have been even more dominant, had he not got bumped out of the gate. But he doesn't try in this race, because he was 45-1??

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Dignified Rube wrote:

He was 45-1 because it was a much tougher field. He was going to have to come from way out of it and there were better closers in the race than him.

I know spmack follows this guy Derbyologist on Twitter. I don't know what fucking race that goof was watching. Tapwrit was down behind horses on the fence when McCraken made his big move. Ortiz had Tapwrit in full gear and he got shut off cold, running right into Wild Shot's ass. The horse gathered himself under urging and came back on again. He was flying at the end and Pletcher must have ordered Ortiz to gallop the horse out strong beyond the distance. This is clearly a horse that is looking for more ground. Keep talking about glorified sprinter Irish War Cry, Craig J. Clown show. @sigimendoza

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

He was 45-1 because it was a much tougher field. He was going to have to come from way out of it and there were better closers in the race than him.

I know spmack follows this guy Derbyologist on Twitter. I don't know what fucking race that goof was watching. Tapwrit was down behind horses on the fence when McCraken made his big move. Ortiz had Tapwrit in full gear and he got shut off cold, running right into Wild Shot's ass. The horse gathered himself under urging and came back on again. He was flying at the end and Pletcher must have ordered Ortiz to gallop the horse out strong beyond the distance. This is clearly a horse that is looking for more ground. Keep talking about glorified sprinter Irish War Cry, Craig J. Clown show. @sigimendoza

Take deep breathes JORR....both horse looked good yesterday for Christ sakes McCraken broke the track record on is 1st start as 3 year old and Tapwrit was tough as nails......the big question is their next races? Tampa Derby...Florida Derby....Wood....that's the big question......2nd point if you start handicapping like Rube I will beat the lovin fuck outta you :D

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:43 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

my guy is FirstTimeLasix. always entertaining, even the horoscope stuff. strikes me as a good guy.

DR is off his rocker. i looked at the field, and there was absolutely no reason to think King had a chance. usually in a field like that, it's safe to say the front runner is going to win.

Tapwrit was very strong in that race. i was disappointed in Fact Finding.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 am 

Called the trainer in Florida of King and His Court, Mark Casse, to find out what happened.

The answer was, "He hates the dirt."

How can a horse hate the dirt that much? Would have been nice to know that beforehand.

The good news is that his next race is back on turf, Casse said. He'll probably get a fantastic price.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:19 am 
Site Admin

Dignified Rube wrote:
Called the trainer in Florida of King and His Court, Mark Casse, to find out what happened.

How can a horse hate the dirt that much? Would have been nice to know that before I dropped $50.

He took your call? That's actually pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

How can a horse hate the dirt that much? Would have been nice to know that before I dropped $50.

He took your call? That's actually pretty awesome.

Not exactly. He was out training when I called, so they forwarded my message to him. But he did respond himself.

The funny thing is that I heard from one of his assistants first, who asked, "Do you want to buy the horse?" Well, if the price is right . . .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:32 pm 

W_Z wrote:
DR is off his rocker. i looked at the field, and there was absolutely no reason to think King had a chance. usually in a field like that, it's safe to say the front runner is going to win.

Tapwrit was very strong in that race. i was disappointed in Fact Finding.

Monday morning quarterbacking. Judging by his previous race, of course he had a chance. He was capable at the 1 1/16 mi. distance and then some for reasons I've already stated. Got bumped out of the gate at Woodbine in Dec. and still ran the field down like they were standing still. Sure his competition was not chopped liver, but there was no reason to discount him.

Playing it safe betting McCracken at even odds is for suckers. How did that work out for you taking Classic Empire to win?

You will rue your comments. I will have my revenge with King soon enough.

BTW, who picked Arrogate first? Moi