It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fountain Of Youth
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Irish War Cry ...he'll have lot's a company up front Practical Joke should be pickin them up and layin them down

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: Fountain Of Youth
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Irish War Cry goes one way---to the front.

Give me a good price on Made You Look, like 10-1. More risk for that horse going from turf to dirt. Irish War Cry will be 1-1.

Practical Joke is in as good of class as Irish War Cry. But ran only once longer than a 1 mile and placed third.

Have the Gotham Stakes, too, this weekend. So Conflated is on the card.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:49 am 

This race is shaping up to be more interesting than I originally thought it would be.

It will be hard for any of the other horses to beat Irish War Cry and Gunnevera. That said, I wouldn't discount Three Rules, Beasley and even Huracan Americo in the one post coming off a G1 win. Made You Look would not be a bargain unless he is 15-1 or cheaper. There's too many other horses that look stronger than him on paper.

Takaful and Practical Joke will be pushing Irish War Cry on the pace. Will he leave them all in the dust?

Hawk's Pick to Click: Three Rules at 12-1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I'm not sold on Irish War Cry as a classic horse, but I don't think he needs the lead. I spent a lot of time looking at this race and I have a very hard time seeing the result coming back as anything other than Irish War Cry-Practical Joke or vice versa.

There's no way Irish War Cry is going to be racing on the engine in here. Takaful most likely has the lead with Three Rules pushing him. Irish War Cry should be in a sweet spot just behind those two. I think Practical Joke may be the best horse in the race, but he's been off a long time and on paper this race just shapes up really well for Irish War Cry.

In the Gotham I think El Areeb is vulnerable and he will be a short price. True Timber, So Conflated, Cloud Computing, and Action Everyday all have shots in there. I don't like the fact that So Conflated has been shipped all over the planet in the last couple weeks. True Timber is improving in a sneaky way while getting whipped by El Areeb. That was a big maiden win for Cloud Computing. Granted, it was at six furlongs but he looked like he'll have no problem going longer and his pedigree suggests the same.

I'm going to try Donwell one last time in the third at Gulfstream. He may be a better price this time too. I like Dream Dancing off the rail in the fourth. My biggest bet of the day is likely to be Giant Run in the eleventh race. Big shot at a big price.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:52 am 

Giant Run was huge a month or so ago i wanna say. 15-1 odds, and there was talk about an upset with that horse's "tactical speed". so right now, 10-1 odds. that'll probably move to about 6-1 or 5-1 by race time...i think. maybe it'll go wide.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:15 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm going to try Donwell one last time in the third at Gulfstream.

hope you did WPS. that would've paid off. and dream dancing paid a bit, depending on what you threw down.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:48 pm 

Takaful is intriguing. Placed 3rd in the 1 1/8 mi. G2 Remsen, but had the lead at the mile mark, and this race is 1/16 mi. less.

If the horse doesn't go crazy and run the first 1/4 mi. in 23 seconds and saves itself, he should be dueling with Irish War Cry all the way.

It's a 12-1 shot with 3-1 speed. Keep in mind that the horse was the favorite in its last two races, even over Mo Town.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:01 am 

more like irish war crybaby.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:43 am 

W_Z wrote:

El Areeb, too! And Irish War Cry wasn't a shipper. Gulfstream is his home turf.

These chalks are busts every time except McCracken.

The F.O.Y. was still a good race. Like with Petrov, the runner-up from the previous prep race won or got second.

I thought Gunnerva was a solid two.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:51 am 

Hats off to handicapper, Jarrod Horak yesterday.

His picks were perfect through the tri-fecta. Had Gunnerva keyed to win.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Best 3 year old that ran at Gulfstream yesterday was Always Dreaming....get well McCraken you'll bitch slap the competition ...which we found out yesterday more pretenders than contenders :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
W_Z wrote:

Yeah, he had a good set up and just came up empty. I don't care for Gunnevera's running style but he may be better than I've given him credit for being. I think Practical Joke was great in that race. That was a good effort in his three year old bow. He made a huge move into honest fractions and came up a little short. I'm sure he'll be better the next time out.