It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Anyone looking at these?

http://www.horseracingnation.com/race/2 ... ic_Stakes#

http://www.chicagonow.com/picks-ponderi ... c-preview/

And you have Thunder Snow running in the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (G1) at the Curragh on Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:31 pm 

i'll be at a shitty wedding that day but maybe i can take a peek. i know nothing about either of these races...

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I think the maiden has a real shot in the Arlington race, especially if he gets a good pace to run at.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think the maiden has a real shot in the Arlington race, especially if he gets a good pace to run at.

I think you might be right. Probably go with Fast and Accurate and your maiden rat, Sakonnet. Fast and Accurate bested Parlor and Giant Payday in the Spiral on the A/W track, so he should be more comfortable on turf after eating mud in the Kentucky Derby.

Here's the skinny on the Arlington race from Brisnet.

http://admin.arlingtonpark.com/sites/de ... .27.17.pdf

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:12 am 

My three for the Gold Cup are Midnight Storm, Follow Me Crev and Accelerate.

I would like to take American Freedom, but he had trouble last time out at 1 1/16 mi. coming off the layoff, where he faded. It's probably a matter of conditioning, and I'm not sure only three weeks since his last start is enough for him to be in shape in these waters. Cupid hasn't done anything since he won the West Virginia Derby last August, and that isn't exactly the crown jewel of the non-triple crown circuit. But he has potential, if you believe Baffert can work his magic and not a bad price at 6-1.

Prime Attraction is kind of interesting. He was quick at 1 1/8 mi. in an allowance back in March, and has raced once each month since last October. In the Californian in April, he dueled with Collected until the quarter pole before fading. But it looked like he may have pulled up injured, not because he ran out of gas. If he gets a slower pace to run at, I think this horse could factor in the Superfecta.

If anyone has the past performances for Arlington, could you put those up?

And, JORR, I was just joking about the maiden rat. I'm not going to bet on the Arlington race without seeing the pps. Might head over to Oakbrook OTB this morning and pick up a program. But I feel pretty good about my picks in the Gold Cup.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:12 am 

equibase likes midnight storm and accelerate.

with that irish race...keep in mind there's no show bet and thunder snow is up against churchill who should be a surefire.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dignified Rube wrote:
Cupid hasn't done anything since he won the West Virginia Derby last August, and that isn't exactly the crown jewel of the non-triple crown circuit.

I think he has a chance in the race. It's not easy to win a Derby and Cupid has won two of them.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:14 am 

Churchill the champ in the Irish 2000. Thunder Snow gave him all he could handle, losing only by a length.

I logged on too late to bet on this one, kicking myself. Just got back from the store. Thundersnow going off at 4-1 to place was a sure thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:23 am 

$3.80 on a $2 place bet.

$6 on a $2 exacta.

undo the noose.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Heading to Arlington today with the wife and two lady friends.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:55 am 

W_Z wrote:
undo the noose.

:lol: :oops: :oops:

Seriously, we missed a layup there.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 am 

it was, but a really low paying low hanging fruit. i mean $100 would get you $190. i guess if that's the way you want to win $90.

look out for big john b at gold cup. maybe in an exotic or something. huge speed figs, if that factors in.

i know you're heading to oakbrook OTB but don't forget about crazypour. pretty good food there too.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:32 am 

Guess I'll go with my guy, Kent Desormeaux on Follow Me Crev at 4-1.

Very sharp late pace figure in the Californian to get the Place, which should carry him home in the 1 1/4 mi. Gold Cup.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:59 pm 

Well, JORR, being the wiseguy you are, you convinced me to throw Cupid into my tri-fecta along with Midnight Storm and Follow Me Crev. Let's hope he holds up at 6-1. Old Baffert would not be entering Cupid in this race if he didn't know something. I think Cupid has the distance edge on Accelerate, who's never gone longer than 1 1/8 mi, and he only went 1 1/8 mi. once and that was last September (though he won). I'm trusting in Cupid's workout on this one and in the Peruvian wonder jockeying.

And W_Z I listened to you, too. Took Big-John as my fourth in a couple of Superfectas.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:46 pm 

Son of a gun!! Lost a $2 tri-fecta by a nose to Hard Aces IN A PHOTO. Had Cupid boxed in the tri.

But I did win on Follow Me Crew to place for $20.

Nice call, JORR, on Cupid.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:37 pm 

i hate that i missed it, so JORR you owe me money...

jk.

great stuff. good day. sorry i missed it all.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:33 am 

What a race that was! I enjoyed every second.

American Freedom knocks right into Follow Me Crev out of the gate like a bowling pin, but then guns it to lead out as the favorite. Prime Attraction teases by keeping up with American Freedom, while Midnight Storm and Cupid stalk. Follow me Crev, Hard Aces and Big John are still well back by the 1/2 mi. mark, but steadily closing. American Freedom burns out by the quarter pole from the fast pace, as he's done before, while Cupid makes giant strides to take it home with Follow Me Crev chasing valiantly. Kent Desormeux fought tooth and nail to the wire, reminiscent of his trips with mighty Exaggerator.

A lot of late money came in on Follow Me Crev, dropping his price from 7-1 to 9/2, while the early money was on American Freedom.

Hats off to Baffert for pulling the rabbit out of his hat to get a win on a horse that had not been this stellar before after an eight month layoff. Cupid's time was as good as California Chrome's at 1 1/4 mi. and only slightly slower than Arrogate's.