It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I woke this morning (11:30 am). Flipped on TVG and saw a horse I liked so I put 2 bucks on him. Fuck it, why not? He had good odds on him at the time and I still had sleep in my eyes and did no research. Then they're coming to the gate and my woman likes #7 because "OMG the jockey has a Harry Potter outfit on". Okay, cool, I'm doing man shit right now but whatever, I'll throw 2 bucks on the little O.G too.

This feels like a sini post right now.

Anyways, my horse wins in an epic race and I make $16.80 from it. I immediately thought "Just $2 you cheapbag Jew!? Shoulda bet $100. You knew he was gonna win!"

Anyways, I'm smashed. What was I talking about?

Oh yea, we should kill all the jews.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:04 pm 

Strap in. Gonna be a long ride.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Every time one wins. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hockey Gay wrote:
I woke this morning (11:30 am). Flipped on TVG and saw a horse I liked so I put 2 bucks on him. Fuck it, why not? He had good odds on him at the time and I still had sleep in my eyes and did no research. Then they're coming to the gate and my woman likes #7 because "OMG the jockey has a Harry Potter outfit on". Okay, cool, I'm doing man shit right now but whatever, I'll throw 2 bucks on the little O.G too.

This feels like a sini post right now.

Anyways, my horse wins in an epic race and I make $16.80 from it. I immediately thought "Just $2 you cheapbag Jew!? Shoulda bet $100. You knew he was gonna win!"

Anyways, I'm smashed. What was I talking about?

Oh yea, we should kill all the jews.

Yeah. Keep thinking you should put more money on it. They don't hit all the time. So when you're down $500 after five $100 bets, you'll go back to the $2 bets. C'mon. That's gambling, brother.

I'll flip it on you. You ever happy when you lose on a $2 bet that you didn't bet $100?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This is why Beardown is an underrated poster

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hockey Gay wrote:
This is why Beardown is an underrated poster

Still drunk; congrats!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
No, not to date. I've bet at a track about seven or eight times and I've literally never had a horse I pick win a race, so no regrets I didn't buy more. Horse racing is bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:40 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Bets should be proportional to your confidence in the horse relative to the odds.

Spending more money on wagering does not ensure success. My biggest payday was three years ago with the Kentucky Derby (the year of American Pharaoh), when I hit exacta, tri and superfectas, spending about $40 total. Do your homework, understand betting strategies and hope you get lucky. Either you're going to win that day or not.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I have a question for the experts here. I understand pari-mutuel gambling and the track's take, but that doesn't seem to apply to the exotic bets, particularly the tri and superfectas. What if the final odds on a superfecta computes to be 1,000-1, but no one picked the four horses right. Wouldn't the track take the whole superfecta pool? Same for tri-fecta in similar circumstances?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dignified Rube wrote:
I have a question for the experts here. I understand pari-mutuel gambling and the track's take, but that doesn't seem to apply to the exotic bets, particularly the tri and superfectas. What if the final odds on a superfecta computes to be 1,000-1, but no one picked the four horses right. Wouldn't the track take the whole superfecta pool? Same for tri-fecta in similar circumstances?

No, if nobody had four, it would pay out 1-2-3-ALL. I usually bet supers with a key horse on top over 5 horses. It's a $60 bet for a buck. One time at Hawthorne there was no winner in the super but I had the first three with six others in the fourth spot. The mutuel machine was making noise like a slot. I almost got the whole pool.

The takeout is generally bigger on multiple horse wagers. Pennsylvania is the worst.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Really great Topic :roll:

I'm out.