It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Indiana Derby
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Is everyone on vacation or what? Where's the pride of CSFMB?

This would have been a great road-trip. $75 entry fee for seating at the outdoor pavillion at Indiana Grand, and you get the summer buffet and open bar. On top of that, IU legend Bob Knight is the honorary chairperson and will be signing autographs and mingling with guests.

I don't see anyone beating Irap after his performance in the Ohio Derby, but I think he may be vulnerable considering this is his sixth race without any kind of layoff. A.J. Foyt has a horse in this race in Colonelsdarktemper, who came in 2nd recently in the Matt Winn. While he might be outmatched in this race, I'll keep my eye on Society Beau in the first post. He surprised his last time out in the Matt Winn with a third finish and has been improving. The horse has very strong pedigree as a son of Curlin.

PPs

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatc ... mmary.html

BTW, I like Walt's idea of having a stable. Why not bet the horses you like?

Post subject: Re: Indiana Derby
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I like Wild Shot in there. But there's something to be said for a two time derby winner. Irap is the deserving favorite. Speaking of derby winners, I think today is the day for Walt's horse. Mo Tom grabs the cash.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:11 am 

Just read Society Beau is scratched. Too bad.

JORR, you are right as usual. Wild Shot should give Irap all he can handle at the 1 1/16 mi distance. Colonelsdarkcontender should be in the mix as well with decent early speed figures. Not a bad race to handicap at all. Could be quite lucrative with exotics.

Gonna give this Super High 5 jackpot ($280,000) in race 10 today at Woodbine a try.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:11 pm 

Klimt is back in action today in the Los Alamitos. When I saw him back in September, I thought he was one of the more promising three year olds. He was sidelined after the Breeders Cup Juvenile in November. Apparently, Baffert gave up on him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dignified Rube wrote:
Klimt is back in action today in the Los Alamitos. When I saw him back in September, I thought he was one of the more promising three year olds. He was sidelined after the Breeders Cup Juvenile in November. Apparently, Baffert gave up on him.

No, that's one of the horses Kaleem Shah took away from Baffert.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Awesome Sunday.....easy JO...just hit a Lobster exacta at Gulfstream

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:53 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

10-1 on Klimt under Art Sherman on Sherman's home turf at Los Alamitos. Wow.

Here's what Sherman said of Klimt going into this race: ""It's quite a feat to get one ready to go a mile and an eighth," Sherman said. "I'd like to get him going a little shorter—like a mile. He seems to be a lot better, but it's a challenge when you try to get one ready to go that far. We got two (one-mile) works under him (1:38 4/5 June 17 and 1:41 2/5 June 24). They weren't spectacular, but he worked really good out of the gate (1:12 2/5 July 1)."

West Coast should be a little less than 1-1 in this race and he's 1-5. That's nuts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:13 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

10-1 on Klimt under Art Sherman on Sherman's home turf at Los Alamitos. Wow.

Here's what Sherman said of Klimt going into this race: ""It's quite a feat to get one ready to go a mile and an eighth," Sherman said. "I'd like to get him going a little shorter—like a mile. He seems to be a lot better, but it's a challenge when you try to get one ready to go that far. We got two (one-mile) works under him (1:38 4/5 June 17 and 1:41 2/5 June 24). They weren't spectacular, but he worked really good out of the gate (1:12 2/5 July 1)."

West Coast should be a little less than 1-1 in this race and he's 1-5. That's nuts.

Had him to place. Good enough! But I was sweating it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:57 pm 

Irap is a beast. No one is even close.

Disappointed I didn't go with my convictions on Colonelsdarktemper. Tri-fecta with Untrapped and Irap paid huge.

I thought Hollywood Handsome was better. He had just run a 1 1/16 mi Alw race in the low 1:42s two back, which the same time Irap won the race today. Odds not terrible at 6-1. Not a good trip tonight.

Luckily I escaped with Untrapped getting the show, but I did not bet this race well.