rain isn't good.

Post subject: Re: Tomorrow the Spa
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Toga! Toga! Toga! Toga!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:38 pm 

Potentially very good exacta in the 7th with #3 Vintage Matters (8-5) and #7 Superhawk (15-1).

Superhawk alone is a strong horse in this race. The kicker is his LP figures for 1 3/8 mi.

Throw #8 VooDoo Song in for the tri-fecta.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:45 pm 

Hit a $2 trifecta in the 9th. Too bad it didn't pay. They beat By the Moon down from 8-1 to 3-1 by the post. Criminal. Had him to win.

OK, your picks for the Cougar at Del Mar in the 7th?

W_Z's Big John is in the race. #4 French Getaway is mighty appealing with Kent D. aboard.

JORR, you sleeping? This is your backyard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:22 am 

While I like Kent D., he let me down yesterday. I don't know what his deal is, that he has to be 5 or 6 wide every time he comes around the far turn. What happened to being a good jockey and not relying on all the horse, so that you get a shorter trip? When he has a horse like Sorry Erik in that weekend allowance race against weaker competition, he can get away with it. But that wasn't happening yesterday in the Cougar.

So we get the Haskell post draw later today? Just doing some number crunching of his graded stakes finishes, spmack's McCracken surprisingly has one of the best records going into this race, second only to Timeline, who is undefeated. Practical Joke is third. Irish War Cry rates in the bottom half of the field, as does Battle of Midway and Hence.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dignified Rube wrote:
So we get the Haskell post draw later today? Just doing some number crunching of his graded stakes finishes, spmack's McCracken surprisingly has one of the best records going into this race, second only to Timeline, who is undefeated. Practical Joke is third. Irish War Cry rates in the bottom half of the field, as does Battle of Midway and Hence.

This Haskell is a great betting race. McCraken, Practical Joke, and Timeline are all milers. But they're also good horses who might get the extra panel in the right circumstances. I'm gonna say the winner is one of the three that you claim "rate in the bottom half" of the field. Battle of Midway may turn out to be the best horse of this generation. The Derby was probably too much too soon for him and he still raced his eyeballs out. It wouldn't surprise me to see him dominate the second half of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Speed all over the fuckin place so let's box McCracken my Derby horse runs good fresh ) and Girvin Robby will be sitting 4th and then pounces

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

This Haskell is a great betting race. McCraken, Practical Joke, and Timeline are all milers. But they're also good horses who might get the extra panel in the right circumstances. I'm gonna say the winner is one of the three that you claim "rate in the bottom half" of the field. Battle of Midway may turn out to be the best horse of this generation. The Derby was probably too much too soon for him and he still raced his eyeballs out. It wouldn't surprise me to see him dominate the second half of the season.

My list is impartial and objective. It's a weighted ranking of money finishes over starts in graded races. It's a plus that McCracky wins, but is it enough to overcome the other speed in the race? When I crunch the numbers for speed, it tells a different story, with Timeline on top again, followed by Girvin, Irish War Cry and Hence fourth. Timeline is a monster in this race.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:06 pm 

distance is sometimes the story. speed can always die on the second turn, depending on the position.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:29 pm 

W_Z wrote:
distance is sometimes the story. speed can always die on the second turn, depending on the position.

I changed what I wrote here. There was no weakness by Timeline in the Pegasus, while Irish War Cry was romping in the Belmont before Tapwrit eventually caught him. Girvin is good enough to be in the top three. Those would be my three, throwing in Hence as a 12-1 wild card, but he'll have to be speedier in this race.

I have a good feeling about Hence. He's got the best Monmouth jockey in Paco Lopez about and has two Derby wins. JORR once said not to count out a horse with two derby wins. That and he has giant strides down the stretch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:16 pm 

When did Calvin Borel come out of retirement?

He's riding #8 Greenley and Ben (15-1) in the 8th at Ellis Park today. The horse beat Hence last Nov. in an 1 mi. allowance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:39 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
When did Calvin Borel come out of retirement?

He's riding #8 Greenley and Ben (15-1) in the 8th at Ellis Park today. The horse beat Hence last Nov. in an 1 mi. allowance.

Wins by 4 lengths in the upset. The old master, Calvin Borel.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:19 pm 

Walt!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Speed all over the fuckin place so let's box McCracken my Derby horse runs good fresh ) and Girvin Robby will be sitting 4th and then pounces

Hope you crushed it, Walt. That was a good race. Not exactly as I expected after an awkward start inside. Nice race by Girvin. The Travers should be great.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
hope you all played it :D

I'm out.