All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
while Mayweather hasn't faced anyone with Macgregor's power

Wrong.

This.

DeLaHoya was WAAAY stronger than MacGregor, and so was Sugar Shane.

Punching Power is not about muscle mass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEc1ZIt2C7I

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

fuckhead won't make weight

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:18 pm 

I'm getting less and less interested as the sports shows try to drum up interest. Neither guy is likable, and I can't envision hate watching this even to hopefully see Macgregor get knocked into the hospital.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Even fight, like I said it would be. Good sixth round.

Macgregor v. Mayweather II --- Make it happen.

It's only fair. Macgregor just got tired. Couldn't keep his hands up in defense.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 am 

How many times did Mayweather turn his back to Macgregor? What a you know what.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I watched it again this morning, and it seemed like McGregor did better in the late rounds than I remember. Mayweather really only pounded him in the 10th.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Was pleasantly surprised by the fight but to me it clearly showed Conor was completely over matched. Maywether was treating this as an exhibition and never seemed to take it seriously. I didn't see anything from mcgregor that would threaten any serious fighter.

I also don't think it was a coincidence that maywether choose to wait until the over to turn it on and put away an over matched competitor.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:37 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Was pleasantly surprised by the fight but to me it clearly showed Conor was completely over matched. Maywether was treating this as an exhibition and never seemed to take it seriously. I didn't see anything from mcgregor that would threaten any serious fighter.

I also don't think it was a coincidence that maywether choose to wait until the over to turn it on and put away an over matched competitor.

What are you talking about? For a guy who never boxed before in a professional match, I saw him pound Mayweather, especially in round 8. Then in round 9 Macgregor had a chance for the kill after his body blow that left the champ wobbly, but the ref came in a saved him. Skip Bayless said the same thing on Youtube, that Macgregor had him in round 9.

The onus was on Mayweather to box and be the aggressor. He is a little girl and a cheat for turning his back on Macgregor whenever he got in trouble, but had he just counterpunched, he would have been skewered by analysts and the press for being a phoney.

Yeah, Macgregor tired out in the end, but you can't blame him fort that. Unlike Mayweather, he showed the big heart.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
https://twitter.com/Jason1Goff/status/9 ... 9097420801

Jason Goff mocking Irish people. He needs someone to give him a talking to the way he did Chuck.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:44 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

What are you talking about? For a guy who never boxed before in a professional match, I saw him pound Mayweather, especially in round 8. Then in round 9 Macgregor had a chance for the kill after his body blow that left the champ wobbly, but the ref came in a saved him. Skip Bayless said the same thing on Youtube, that Macgregor had him in round 9.

The onus was on Mayweather to box and be the aggressor. He is a little girl and a cheat for turning his back on Macgregor whenever he got in trouble, but had he just counterpunched, he would have been skewered by analysts and the press for being a phoney.

Maywether went out and executed a game plan. Why is the onus on maywether to do anything except win the fight. Which he did.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:50 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Maywether went out and executed a game plan. Why is the onus on maywether to do anything except win the fight. Which he did.

Because he was the professional boxer and people paid good money to see a boxing match.

Even knowing that he was at a disadvantage, Macgregor submitted to the rules of boxing, but got cheated by the ref allowing Mayweather to turn his back, which is illegal. The ref was in the tank for Mayweather.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:01 am 

So you are surprised one of the greatest defensive boxers in history used defense against a boxer he correctly predicted would punch himself out. Was mcgregor good for a first match sure. But I still would have seen losing to a pretty long list of actual boxers.

Regarding the back. That would not yield a DQ, do you want a point taken away? How about point for Conor's illegal punches.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:04 am 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:05 am 

I don't get the whole "Mayweather doesn't fight" complaint. His objective is to win the match, not put on a show. It would be completely stupid of him to forego everything that made him 50-0 and just start punching.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:05 am 

Skip Bayless on the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBuOx_RnP60

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:14 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I don't get the whole "Mayweather doesn't fight" complaint. His objective is to win the match, not put on a show. It would be completely stupid of him to forego everything that made him 50-0 and just start punching.

Feels a little like white men cant jump bizarro world. Is it better to win ugly than lose pretty.

And maywether still ended the fight landing a bunch more punches even with punting the first three rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:15 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

Feels a little like white men cant jump bizarro world. Is it better to win ugly than lose pretty.

And maywether still ended the fight landing a bunch more punches even with punting the first three rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:35 am 

The GOAT boxer turning his back repeatedly and illegally to the first-time boxing opponent.

That will be the image that sticks in everyone's mind, when they remember this fight.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
:lol: conns

leashyourkids wrote:

I don't think anyone with a brain argues that.

Still doesn't change the fact that his matches are basically the boxing equivalent of a series of pro-wrestling rest holds the whole fight ... I find it terribly uninteresting ... others disagree I'm sure. Who cares </Bruce_Weber>.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
leashyourkids wrote:
I watched it again this morning, and it seemed like McGregor did better in the late rounds than I remember. Mayweather really only pounded him in the 10th.

The judges gave Mayweather every round after the 2nd I believe which is fucking NUTS.

I love how Jason Goff can post something racist like that from his high horse.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

The judges gave Mayweather every round after the 2nd I believe which is fucking NUTS.

What did Goff post?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

What did Goff post?

See JORR's above post and link.

The image he posted is lame anyway. Crying Jordan meme superimposed on an Irish Flag?

Everyone should send Goff this one. It's called, "How Mayweather gets out of trouble." Bend head down and turn back to opponent. Then wait for ref.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:23 pm 

Holy shit. Anyone who thinks that meme Goff posted is racist must be the biggest fuckin crybaby in the world.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:24 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
https://twitter.com/Jason1Goff/status/901689809097420801

Jason Goff mocking Irish people. He needs someone to give him a talking to the way he did Chuck.

:lol:

Stop feeding the right wing dumbasses on here

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:
Holy shit. Anyone who thinks that meme Goff posted is racist must be the biggest fuckin crybaby in the world.

Ok

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:02 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Ok

Lol

You really found that racist? I mean... come the fuck on.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:02 pm 

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:14 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

His fights are boring and because of that, less people like him. Makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:38 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

His fights are boring and because of that, less people like him. Makes sense.

Then his fights shouldn't draw $300 million, you stupid piece of shit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:45 pm 

Gotta hand it to Macgregor. He was better than most expected.

Quote:
According to MMA Fighting's Mike Chiappetta, McGregor landed 111 punches on 430 attempts over 10-plus rounds, boasting a 26 percent strike rate. Pacquiao, in comparison, had 81 punches land on 429 attempts for a 19 percent strike rate in a unanimous-decision defeat in May 2015.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.