It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Travers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
a genius wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
If you dismiss West Coast in this race, you are making error. Same with Gunnevera.....

$2 Exacta 3-11 $357.50

:?: :?:

The deafening sound of crickets here makes me wonder, perhaps you changed your mind on these? Regardless, good call.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:03 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Rosario's ride on Forever Unbridled was a thing of beauty. He knew how tough Songbird was gonna be if he came up alongside of her. So he swung his horse way out into the middle where Songbird couldn't see her. Just brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Rosario's ride on Forever Unbridled was a thing of beauty. He knew how tough Songbird was gonna be if he came up alongside of her. So he swung his horse way out into the middle where Songbird couldn't see her. Just brilliant.

You were right about Drefong, JORR. The woman commentator was saying how he didn't look good before the race, sweating bullets, so I jumped on the competition. But it wasn't even close. He blew them all away.

World class sprinter he is.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You were right about Drefong, JORR. The woman commentator was saying how he didn't look good before the race---sweating bullets---so I jumped on the competition. But it wasn't even close. He blew them all away.

I bet Divining Rod in there but I knew Drefong was going to have an easy time up front. I'm happy with my bet given the respective prices of the horses. Although in retrospect, 6/5 may have been an overlay on Drefong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:25 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You were right about Drefong, JORR. The woman commentator was saying how he didn't look good before the race---sweating bullets---so I jumped on the competition. But it wasn't even close. He blew them all away.

I bet Divining Rod in there but I knew Drefong was going to have an easy time up front. I'm happy with my bet given the respective prices of the horses. Although in retrospect, 6/5 may have been an overlay on Drefong.

Yes, I was on Divining Rod too. Was getting a good price.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:31 pm 

JORR, I don't know if you have been watching Saratoga today, but in the 4th a horse by the name of Bixby Lou put on a show over the first six furlongs.

He ultimately weakened before finishing 4th at a mile distance, but look out for him as a sprinter. Could easily beat graded stakes horses at six or seven furlongs.

He's another Takaful or better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Rube I thought you posted you had Forever Unbridled and Practical Joke ....what' going on here!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:04 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Rube I thought you posted you had Forever Unbridled and Practical Joke ....what' going on here!

Walt, I think that was the next race. I was dumb enough not to take Practical Joke, because I thought the distance was too short for him. Boy was I wrong. I had the horse that came in second to win. Practical Joke can do whatever he wants under 1 mi. He's Chad Brown's money horse.

In the race with Drefong, I had Stallwalkin Dude and Divining Rod, looking for the upset. Not quite.