It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
They might as well just write a check to Gun Runner, because no one is challenging him in the Woodward. Just a five horse field for this G1. Sad.

Why would Baffert have wasted Cupid last week in the 1 mi. Harry F. Brubaker, when he could have shipped him into Saratoga for this race? It was an $80,000 purse, when the Woodward is a $750,000 race. Now Cupid won't run again until the showdown in the Breeders Cup in Nov.

So we got action at Saratoga and Gulfstream today and Del Mar later. But these claiming races at Gulfstream are too cheap. You can't really be confident in any of those horses in races under $50,000. Total crap shoot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dignified Rube wrote:
They might as well just write a check to Gun Runner, because no one is challenging him in the Woodward. Just a five horse field for this G1. Sad.

Why would Baffert have wasted Cupid last week in the 1 mi. Harry F. Brubaker, when he could have shipped him into Saratoga for this race? It was an $80,000 purse, when the Woodward is a $750,000 race. Now Cupid won't run again until the showdown in the Breeders Cup in Nov.

So we got action at Saratoga and Gulfstream today and Del Mar later. But these claiming races at Gulfstream are too cheap. You can't really be confident in any of those horses in races under $50,000. Total crap shoot.

Cupid should get another race prior to the BC. He's not training him up off that race, is he?

It is sad that there is such a horse shortage. I don't know why they wouldn't accept the entry of Looch's rabbit. Chad Brown is allowed to run uncoupled rabbits all the time. What he did with Antonoe in the Ballston Spa was egregious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
come on Rube ...you're not at the Children's table anymore! Kentucky Downs Saturday only problem could be Image

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cupid should get another race prior to the BC. He's not training him up off that race, is he?

It is sad that there is such a horse shortage. I don't know why they wouldn't accept the entry of Looch's rabbit. Chad Brown is allowed to run uncoupled rabbits all the time. What he did with Antonoe in the Ballston Spa was egregious.

Isn't the shortage mainly for dirt-track trained horses? In the big turf races, there doesn't seem to be a shortage. Look at the Million. There were twelve or thirteen horses in that field.

I can understand that most trainers don't want to go against Gun Runner, considering how he's been doing. But it can't be good for the sport that they're staying home or trying to cherry pick other lesser races.

What happened to Classic Empire? Is Casse ever bringing him back?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:04 pm 

Songbird retired. Wow.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-s ... story.html

Had my guy, Joel Rosario, on 17-1 Somekindofmagician in the 6th at Saratoga. Just missed it. Should have taken the layup and bet place.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:13 pm 

Crushed it with 10-1 Manifest Destiny in the 8th at Saratoga! Nice horse, went wire to wire.

Had Storm Prophet (3rd) and Ode to the Hunt (4th) two and three, but 19-1 Mission Leader ran a big one for place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:02 pm 

Good betting race coming up in the 9th at Saratoga. $75,000 Allowance at 1 1/16mi. distance with a 12 horse field.

Munchkin Money
Lem Me Dance
Amazing Annie

Worth a $2 exacta box. Odds should be decent.

Where are you, Walt??

Geez, this board is heading toward extinction.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:55 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Good betting race coming up in the 9th at Saratoga. $75,000 Allowance at 1 1/16mi. distance with a 12 horse field.

Munchkin Money
Lem Me Dance
Amazing Annie

Worth a $2 exacta box. Odds should be decent.

So pissed. Frosty Lady edges out Munchskin Money at the wire for place. Otherwise, I had 3 out of top four.

Luckily, I didn't overextend myself.

That 10-1 Exacta paid $110. Shit.