It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Awesome Again Stakes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Looks like a full card of horse racing tomorrow, gents. Baffert sending Cupid in the Awesome Again Stakes at San Anita to face off against the once JORR favorite, Dortmund. Will Breaking Lucky make a stand after back-to-back show finishes? Also, eyes will be on Churchill for the Lukas Classic Stakes. That's pretty awesome when you have a race named after you when you're still alive!

Will JORR be able to get over that Baffert is the trainer of the three best horses in the world now in Arrogate, Cupid and West Coast? Can there be any doubt about West Coast after beating Irap last week by six and making it look easy?

Post subject: Re: Awesome Again Stakes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dignified Rube wrote:
Looks like a full card of horse racing tomorrow, gents. Baffert sending Cupid in the Awesome Again Stakes at San Anita to face off against the once JORR favorite, Dortmund. Will Breaking Lucky make a stand after back-to-back show finishes? Also, eyes will be on Churchill for the Lukas Classic Stakes. That's pretty awesome when you have a race named after you when you're still alive!

Will JORR be able to get over that Baffert is the trainer of the three best horses in the world now in Arrogate, Cupid and West Coast? Can there be any doubt about West Coast after beating Irap last week by six and making it look easy?

He's a lucky guy, that Baffert. The best horses just find his barn. :lol: He's probably going to put Mubtaahij over in this one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:38 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

He's a lucky guy, that Baffert. The best horses just find his barn. :lol: He's probably going to put Mubtaahij over in this one.

I might be overdoing it. Can't forget about Gun Runner, whose only loss this year was to Arrogate at Dubai. You can excuse him for that one because of the long shipping.

And Gunnevera has shown that he's still got upside. Really West Coast's only threat as far as three-year olds.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:02 am 

According to reports, Dortmund is scratched for the Awesome Again. Sherman is looking for an easier spot to bring him back. Why did he enter him then in the first place?

I would have liked him in this race. He had the big heart last year dueling with Chrome in the San Diego.

Cupid looks too good here, even with the outside post. But Mubtaahij could be expected to do well at the shorter distance. Good finisher.

Midnight Storm might be a better pick than Breaking Lucky. Pretty much a toss up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Good job, JORR. Did you know Mubtaahij had been training well on that track? Baffert said as much after the race. He was disappointed in Cupid.

Joel Rosario on Beach Patrol got another win against a tough field. Should have taken him at 6-1, but I went with Money Multiplier.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Good job, JORR. Did you know Mubtaahij had been training well on that track? Baffert said as much after the race. He was disappointed in Cupid.

Joel Rosario on Beach Patrol got another win against a tough field. Should have taken him at 6-1, but I went with Money Multiplier.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Is there a big race on this Saturday, Breeders Cup? My dad invited me to Trackside......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:22 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Is there a big race on this Saturday, Breeders Cup? My dad invited me to Trackside......

Yes. Trackside should be very crowded.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:27 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Goctha. The degenerate crowd my dad runs with will certainly know people and have reservations. That's never been an issue. I'll probably stop by. I love the ponies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:30 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Goctha. The degenerate crowd my dad runs with will certainly know people and have reservations. That's never been an issue. I'll probably stop by. I love the ponies.

Where does his crew sit? Upstairs or in the bar?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

They re-did the place. Last time I went we sat upstairs, but that placed sucked. In prior years, we always sat downstairs. I didn't know it still had a downstairs OTB since Ditka's moved in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

They re-did the place. Last time I went we sat upstairs, but that placed sucked. In prior years, we always sat downstairs. I didn't know it still had a downstairs OTB since Ditka's moved in.

Yeah, there's a small bar across the hallway from Ditka's.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
It is small and as I recall mostly booths; if your dad has a big group that wants to be all at one table that could be problematic.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Mr. D's on the other hand has lots of big tables....