It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your wagering strategies
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Post here ur wagering strategies.

Like shit that seems to work for u that most people dont know about.

One thing in NBA is in the second half of the season, when teams are playing each other for the 3rd or 4th time.

I've found in most cases that, even in a lopsided matchup, the weaker team will usually cover one of the 4 games somehow. Even a team playing the Warriors.

So let's say the Warriors covered the previous 3 games against Phoenix, Phoenix will cover the 4th game. May not win, but will cover. This works almost all the time.

Last night, Warriors at Portland. This was easy. Golden State covered the first game at Portland. You knew Portland would cover the 2nd one. Especially with GS on a back to back. They finished the year 2-2 ATS against each other.

One oddity: The other night, Utah covered at GS. Which was predictable, as the spread at -9 was big. But, it was odd because Utah ended up covering all 3 matchups against GS this year. A real oddity. Yes both teams are good but you would think GS would cover at least 1 if not 2 of 3.

So, sometimes there are exceptions, but in summary, look at the history of the head to head matchups earlier in the season and you should be able to make a good pick.

What are ur unique wagering strategies? Any sport.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:26 pm 

Another one that works often is in baseball.

A team wins the first 2 of a 3-game series. Almost always go with the other team in the 3rd game. Even if its an underdog, and even if on the road. Sure, sweeps happen, but this is usually a pretty good bet.

One example last year. Tigers @ Houston on a Sunday. Houston won the first 2. Game 3, who is on the hill? Justin Verlander, facing his old team. Detroit had a no-name pitcher and no hitting. You'd think JV would be salivating and it would be easy to bet Houston. What happened? Detroit gets a 3-run homer in the first from their only good hitter, and even though JV settled down, Detroit cruised to a 6-3 victory. Moneyline was like +600 on Detroit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: *
One of my betting strategies is to win. I know I may be giving away some inside trade secrets here but this has been a pretty good strategy for years now.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Alternate NBA spreads. Parlay a couple teams you know are going to win that night. Take whatever line at -200 or -225 and you should be able to get back even money.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:24 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Parlay a couple teams you know are going to win that night. Take whatever line at -200 or -225 and you should be able to get back even money.

This seems easy but everytime I try this, one of the favorites loses. There are upsets every night.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
whistler wrote:
Another one that works often is in baseball.

A team wins the first 2 of a 3-game series. Almost always go with the other team in the 3rd game. Even if its an underdog, and even if on the road. Sure, sweeps happen, but this is usually a pretty good bet.

One example last year. Tigers @ Houston on a Sunday. Houston won the first 2. Game 3, who is on the hill? Justin Verlander, facing his old team. Detroit had a no-name pitcher and no hitting. You'd think JV would be salivating and it would be easy to bet Houston. What happened? Detroit gets a 3-run homer in the first from their only good hitter, and even though JV settled down, Detroit cruised to a 6-3 victory. Moneyline was like +600 on Detroit.

I kinda believe that one too, or this could just be my own thinking, in a 4 game or 2 game series, go with a split, like this week on the Mariners-A's series, whoever wins game 1, go with the other team Game 2, not saying it's going to happen, but it seems like that stuff happens more times than not.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:03 pm 

Always bet on black.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
NBA regular season - find two teams you’re prett sure will win (facing tanking teams, etc) and parlay the ML. It’s worked out nicely this nba season. I was up around 500 before the Bulls started winning recently. Currently up around $400 for the season. I bet pretty small amounts though, between $10-20 a bet.

Edit: what Ron said

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:35 am 

whistler wrote:
One thing in NBA is in the second half of the season, when teams are playing each other for the 3rd or 4th time.

I've found in most cases that, even in a lopsided matchup, the weaker team will usually cover one of the 4 games somehow. Even a team playing the Warriors.

So let's say the Warriors covered the previous 3 games against Phoenix, Phoenix will cover the 4th game. May not win, but will cover. This works almost all the time.

great example last week. Houston won (and covered) the first 3 games against Warriors this year. Now they get them at home, and without Durant. You'd think Houston can cover a 3 point spread, right?

Nope. Warriors blasted them and prevented an 0-4 ATS record against Houston.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:41 am 

FavreFan wrote:
NBA regular season - find two teams you’re prett sure will win (facing tanking teams, etc) and parlay the ML. It’s worked out nicely this nba season. I was up around 500 before the Bulls started winning recently. Currently up around $400 for the season. I bet pretty small amounts though, between $10-20 a bet.

its not a bad strategy, but this year even teams with losing records are tough outs and pull upsets. I mean other than the Knicks, who really is an easy out?

Memphis competes, Atlanta competes, Charlotte has a history of competing, Washington is tough especially at home. Kings are good this year. Bulls are competing and even winning lately. Lakers, despite a bad record have Lebron and can beat anyone. hell even the Cavs have pulled off impressive upsets this year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
For horse racing, I use the JORR wagering strategy and bet value versus the live odds. If I don't like the setup of a race in terms of odds, where horses are showing expected negative ROI (calculated by comparing winning probabilities from the model to the implied winning probabilities in the live odds), I pass on the race. You're always looking for the glitch in the matrix, like in the 2nd at Gulfstream today. The #5 horse, Noncents, was getting a gift at 13-1 odds, while he had the best E1 and E2 figures in simulation relative to the field, including the two favorites, Midnight Miracle at 8-5 and Stronger Kat at 3-1. It's exactly what you're looking for in a 6f race, with the LP figures being much less important. And then when you get this dream setup, you want to bet like Andrew Beyer does in these situations and bet heavy. This is how you beat the track.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:32 pm 

whistler wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

its not a bad strategy, but this year even teams with losing records are tough outs and pull upsets. I mean other than the Knicks, who really is an easy out?

Memphis competes, Atlanta competes, Charlotte has a history of competing, Washington is tough especially at home. Kings are good this year. Bulls are competing and even winning lately. Lakers, despite a bad record have Lebron and can beat anyone. hell even the Cavs have pulled off impressive upsets this year.

Lakers have been gambling gold since the All Star break.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I was betting against the Bulls for like 2 months straight and it worked out well. Bet favorites in the NBA if the road team played the night before or traveled cross country.

Was taking the Cubs -1.5 runs pretty consistently in 2016 and 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:45 pm 

Take your favorite team, and wait until a really big game you think they are going to win and it will crush you if they lose and it will take you a month to recover. Bet heavily against your team because sports hates you and wants to be miserable and you can't ever enjoy sports because you root for teams that always blow it and your life is to be spent celebrating regular season share conference titles and upsets of teams that are actually good in October. You know that whoever is in control of the world wants you to be miserable and will make sure you always are even as months are spent building up your expectations that the team that has always failed you will now break through and give you the satisfaction you so desperately want.

Take Villanova on Saturday on the ML.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Take your favorite team, and wait until a really big game you think they are going to win and it will crush you if they lose and it will take you a month to recover. Bet heavily against your team because sports hates you and wants to be miserable and you can't ever enjoy sports because you root for teams that always blow it and your life is to be spent celebrating regular season share conference titles and upsets of teams that are actually good in October. You know that whoever is in control of the world wants you to be miserable and will make sure you always are even as months are spent building up your expectations that the team that has always failed you will now break through and give you the satisfaction you so desperately want.

Take Villanova on Saturday on the ML.

It's cute you think you're making it past Old Dominion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I was listening to a guy, he said a stategy that he does, if a team has lost 3 in a row or won 3 in a row, he will wager on that team or against until the streak has ended.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:41 am 

what a redboarder!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:46 am 

This seemed to work more often than not this year in the NCAA tournament.

If a O/U moved more than ten points down at the half, bet the over. Teams will make adjustments and score more in the second half. Feels like this hit 75% of the time. But you have to pay attention to the lines at tip.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
If I don't bet on Chicago teams, I tend to do well. Even better if I avoid parlays. What can't I avoid doing?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:57 am 

Nas wrote:
If I don't bet on Chicago teams, I tend to do well. Even better if I avoid parlays. What can't I avoid doing?

Those parlay odds suck you in.

I did a lot of small wins in the hockey regular season betting ML favorites and loading up. Might have been 5/2 but a win is a win.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
reents wrote:
I was listening to a guy, he said a stategy that he does, if a team has lost 3 in a row or won 3 in a row, he will wager on that team or against until the streak has ended.

yes, i've found that amongst many things, baseball is a game of streaks. odds are very difficult, you can go 3-4 one day and you're down $540. i also look forward to september, where some clubs have already packed it in and play minor leaguers called up as they play others who are desperate to win for the expanded playoffs.

looking forward to nba and college basketball....nfl? not so much.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Nas wrote:

Those parlay odds suck you in.

I did a lot of small wins in the hockey regular season betting ML favorites and loading up. Might have been 5/2 but a win is a win.

Parlay odds are terrible. You're better off betting each side or total individually.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:06 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I actually just placed a horse racing bet for the first time in probably 10 years.

Let's see how this goes. I'm bored.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Didn't go well. I'm out $3. Testing the waters.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:13 pm 

What the hell was that? I've never seen a 20 second horse race.

I'm either out $3 more or up $75. I don't even know. Is this fun?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:15 pm 

I won $1.30. Not sure how exactly. Let's see what's up next.